Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    *SNRK*

Sorry, sorry, I'm just amazed you were able to say that with a straight face.
    It's the internet. One can never be sure if true or troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, the mutants are an almost-dead race, so it's not like they can solve anything these days just by talking out.
    The mutants have been an almost-dead race from the very beginning, among other things. And they have faced worst situations.

Maybe is the concept of a hero that is confusing, here.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny View Post
    The mutants have been an almost-dead race from the very beginning, among other things. And they have faced worst situations.

Maybe is the concept of a hero that is confusing, here.
    Well, i dont know, but i dont think that there is anything worse than the mist or the M-day spell.

Anyways, i think that you are an idiot if you are still trying the diplomatic way when the things are this bad, and we have 40-years-worth of evidence that the "thank you sir, can i have another" attitude didnt help in anything regarding the mutants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, i dont know, but i dont think that there is anything worse than the mist or the M-day spell.

Anyways, i think that you are an idiot if you are still trying the diplomatic way when the things are this bad, and we have 40-years-worth of evidence that the "thank you sir, can i have another" attitude didnt help in anything regarding the mutants.
    Well to be fair we have plenty of evidence that no option works long term.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocSpin View Post
    "Not everyone will emerge unscathed"
    Clearly they mean the fans here. Lemire destroyed Justice League Dark with contrived team interactions and just bad writing. He destroyed Bloodshot using decompressed plotting (10 issues just to retrieve his nanites) and faux females named "Magic" and "Festival" as sexual Mary Sues. Now he's created a de-tailed Nightcrawler, an attack Colossus, a mindless Frankenstein Cyclops with a recycled plot of mutant extinction. I was cautiously optimistic and willing to give him a chance on this -- probably for the Ramos art and a Mr. Sinister arc. But this type of hamfisted writing invoking gratuitous out-of character violence, dismemberment and forced interactions for plot is not at all interesting to me. Say what you want about Bendis' decompressed plotting, but his characterizations were always spot on. Perhaps Lemire should quit writing 3-5 shlock books a month and focus on writing one solid worthwhile read.

I was agreeing with just about everything you said UNTIL, you made this point Bendis is infamous for changing characters voices and motivation to fit whatever story point he needs told at that moment even if it's contradictory of what he's written previously in the same run!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I was agreeing with just about everything you said UNTIL, you made this point Bendis is infamous for changing characters voices and motivation to fit whatever story point he needs told at that moment even if it's contradictory of what he's written previously in the same run!!!
    I think you are a little unfair: Once Bendis has changed some character voice to fit his purpose, he usualy stick to his new version.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    I think you are a little unfair: Once Bendis has changed some character voice to fit his purpose, he usualy stick to his new version.
    True, but it really depends on where he needs the story to go, I mean sometimes I'm actually astonished at how he goes out of his way to skewer character voices, some of the random and down right awful things he has characters say is a talent! What's worse is if you pick up some of his other works he's able to show a basic understanding of a character and then that is all thrown out of the window and it's all fart jokes and expletives!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    It helps that he writes pretty much everyone the same.

I know he's writing a lot of books, too, but you have to think it helps that each arc of those series will have five issues of spinning wheels with nothing happening, followed by a last issue with a teeny bit of action and a disappointingly anti-climactic resolution on the very last page.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

What? It. Is. A. Clone? I. Am. So. Surprised! Truly! Unprecedented!
    ^ That's as genuine as I can be.

Just... ugh.

I guess being a clone makes it not worthy of life! Seriously, why is Logan so eager to kill it? Original Logan may have been like that (and even then... don't think so), but I don't think OML would that quick to kill something. Feels really forced.

Also, the art is godawful. Look at that first page! So now we know Ramos sucks at perspective, because Logan's claws look like an afterthought. That's some X-Men Origins: Wolverine shit right there! Also, congrats, Sinister! Your cape is now more stupid than Tim Drake's! It actually LOOKS like feathers!

And is this the actual end of the first arc? Ugggghhhhh... Lemire!!!!

x8snp.jpg
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 01-12-2016 at 11:22 AM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by Will of the Geeks View Post
    What? It. Is. A. Clone? I. Am. So. Surprised! Truly! Unprecedented!
    ^ That's as genuine as I can be.

Just... ugh.

I guess being a clone makes it not worthy of life! Seriously, why is Logan so eager to kill it? Original Logan may have been like that (and even then... don't think so), but I don't think OML would that quick to kill something. Feels really forced.

Also, the art is godawful. Look at that first page! So now we know Ramos sucks at perspective, because Logan's claws look like an afterthought. That's some X-Men Origins: Wolverine shit right there! Also, congrats, Sinister! Your cape is now more stupid than Tim Drake's! It actually LOOKS like feathers!

And is this the actual end of the first arc? Ugggghhhhh... Lemire!!!!

x8snp.jpg
    It's not his fault.................................

Geeeeeezus Will of the Geeks.

Last edited by Fokken; 01-12-2016 at 12:50 PM.

A little over the top for sure. Methinks maybe there's an agenda at play here (*cough*buyInhumansbooksinstead*cough*).

Quote Originally Posted by niconico00 View Post
    Usually I like Jeff Lemire and theoretically I like this team too (except Teen Jean, whose existence I tend to ignore).
    Yet for some reason this book does nothing for me.

PS: The art is atrocious and the new costumes suck.
    I'm usually a Lemire fan as well, but this book is completely different in terms of content to what I've read of him (All-New Hawkeye, Essex County, Plutona). This book seems like it's going for bombastic and colorful but I've never really attributed those characteristics to his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    A little over the top for sure. Methinks maybe there's an agenda at play here (*cough*buyInhumansbooksinstead*cough*).
    dingadingadingading

Quote Originally Posted by DocSpin View Post
    "Not everyone will emerge unscathed"
    Clearly they mean the fans here. Lemire destroyed Justice League Dark with contrived team interactions and just bad writing. He destroyed Bloodshot using decompressed plotting (10 issues just to retrieve his nanites) and faux females named "Magic" and "Festival" as sexual Mary Sues. Now he's created a de-tailed Nightcrawler, an attack Colossus, a mindless Frankenstein Cyclops with a recycled plot of mutant extinction. I was cautiously optimistic and willing to give him a chance on this -- probably for the Ramos art and a Mr. Sinister arc. But this type of hamfisted writing invoking gratuitous out-of character violence, dismemberment and forced interactions for plot is not at all interesting to me. Say what you want about Bendis' decompressed plotting, but his characterizations were always spot on. Perhaps Lemire should quit writing 3-5 shlock books a month and focus on writing one solid worthwhile read.
    Colossus being aggressive is hardly the worst direction to take his character (not like Mr Sinister can actually die to blunt force trauma) these days, the new portrayal of his backstory I'm not a fan off. The extinction plot was not Lemire's idea, nor was killing off Cyclops likely and this is ostensibly the flagship book where what happened to him should addressed. I'm with you on tailless Nightcrawler but the new creative team might bring it back once they see peps aren't going for it.