Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Clark Gregg Wants A Black Widow Film, Says She's "Too Valuable" To Waste

The "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." lead praises Scarlett Johansson's Avenger, saying that she deserves the spotlight of a solo movie.

Full article here.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Marvel will continue to waste her though.

I don't see what everyone else does. I don't think the Black Widow is interesting enough to carry a whole movie.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDog View Post
    I don't see what everyone else does. I don't think the Black Widow is interesting enough to carry a whole movie.
    Especially if they do a James Bond style film.

Marvel should have capitalized on a SHIELD movie with Widow in the lead a long time ago.

Boats kinda sailed at this point.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

I could see her character being viable in a Netflix type series but neither she nor Hawkeye seem like good solo movie fits because their movie would just end up being generic action spy movies with the Marvel name attached to them.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    I could see her character being viable in a Netflix type series but neither she nor Hawkeye seem like good solo movie fits because their movie would just end up being generic action spy movies with the Marvel name attached to them.
    I would be down for movie featuring classic Hawkeye and his backstory. Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye is too bland for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by londeaux View Post
    Especially if they do a James Bond style film.
    Which they likely wouldn't do, because the vast majority of the audience for Avengers (who don't read comics) probably don't think of her as some kind of Bondian secret agent, they think of her as a superhero.

Could they make an interesting Black Widow movie? Don't see why not. Is it imperative that they do so? Not even a little bit.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Which they likely wouldn't do, because the vast majority of the audience for Avengers (who don't read comics) probably don't think of her as some kind of Bondian secret agent, they think of her as a superhero.

Could they make an interesting Black Widow movie? Don't see why not. Is it imperative that they do so? Not even a little bit.
    They could have her shutting down the red room, nothing in the MCU has suggested the red room is shut down, so it'd be perfect for her. It'd explain her origins and it would be a personal story plus a movie starring black widow that showcases her skills. And it'd being personal would explain why she isn't bringing the avengers with her (ok maybe hawkeye)

you only need like 5 seconds and a basic knowledge of the MCU to see all the ways a great widow movie could emerge.

Incredible Member

I don't disagree. I was thinking personally an adaption of the Widowmaker limited series would have been cool, especially in the stead of the mediocre sequel that was Iron Man 2. But right now... eh. I think the ship might have sailed on the window for it.

Astonishing Member

Deserves a solo film more than Ms. Marvel.

I love spy stuff so wouldn't mind seeing more of her world..

Nah, shes a pretty boring character in the comics and especially in the movies. I like Scarlette but it'd be a huge waste of time and money for everyobe involved. I wasn't happy that she was included in the Avengers, thought it was cool she was in the movies but as a team member eeeehhhh. It super felt like a "quick we need a girl that we don't need to establish" move.

If they didnt make her such a goody goody and actually made her a quadruple agent who you didnt know who's side she was on or what her motives were. Instead of Team mom all soft and caring for the people around her SNORE.

I agree with the above comment where this ship has sailed. Too late. The other "representation" argument falls flat here only because it's for the best that you don't just put it out there for the sake of having it out there. Make it have a point and meaning other than "we need womyn!!" While there is a small, LOUD, vocal minority of people demanding this kinda stuff most people are intelligent. They know and hate being pandered to like children.

Ultimate Member

She's quite boring to be honest.

But that's just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Deserves a solo film more than Ms. Marvel.

I love spy stuff so wouldn't mind seeing more of her world..
    it is too late for the spy thing. Her covers are all blown... her whole life got put on the internet.

Like I said, this ship sailed unfortunately. I wish she woulda had a solo before AoU so she didn't take up so much screen time there....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Doesn't matter if its good. At this point people will go to see marvel anything.