Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Who is YOUR favorite DC Comics Character? And WHY?

Just wanted to see what your guys' Favorite DC Comic character is just cause. Villian Or hero is all good. And just say why they are your favorite! NO MEAN COMMENTS PLEASE!!! Justice league.jpg

Incredible Member

Dick Grayson. I just really love the legacy aspect of him and typically enjoy seeing him interact with all of these other titans around him, as he never really lost that very human charm. He feels like someone you would know, but then he's also on a first-name basis with Superman. He's also not so friggin mopey like so many heroes are nowadays.

Spectacular Member

Captain Marvel - I love how diverse his stories can be. You can do a Pixar-like adventure similar to the Multiversity issue. You can do classic, very whimsical and goofy stories like the DC revival in the 70's. You can do the more updated, real-world version like Geoff Johns. You can do a hard fantasy take like Judd Winick's Trails of Shazam.

Plus I love the core concept: a child utters a magic word that transforms him into the World's Mightiest Mortal. It's so simple - yet can be very high concept. He speaks to the deepest, most innocent and pure aspects of what it means to be human. He is the human imagination made reality.

In my opinion, the character is just as interesting if not more so than Superman. And unfortunately, DC never does anything with him. I'm still waiting for the follow up to Geoff Johns Shazam story, and I don't see it happening any time soon.

BANNED

Superboy-kon,conner kent
    Humans trying to recreate God
    Coolest kiD,who just so happens to be a superhero
    Awesome update on kryptonian powers in the former of Tactile Telekinesis

He was there for my start in comics,and he was the same age as I was,so he was my way of being in the story itself

Kyle Rayner - I've always been a fan of characters that are everymen suddenly blessed/cursed with phenomenal cosmic powers - Nova, Starman, etc. But Kyle is my favorite, especially when he was the sole Green Lantern and his stories were mainly based on Earth, with occasional jaunts into space. I like the juxtaposition of high concept sci-fi with everyday human drama. And Kyle has always been a very relatable character for me.

Kyle Rayner is my favorite. Here was a guy who was not born a hero, not destined to be a hero, but had greatness thrust upon him. Kyle inherited an awesome responsibility, one he never sought or asked for. He had to grow into it and fast. He suffered some hard knocks along the way, but also got to prove himself worthy again and again. It was fun to see him interact with the more veteran JLA in the early days as he learned the role of Green Lantern. It was good to see his friendship with Wally West grow out of the initial awkwardness and irritation.

Kyle slowly grew from wide-eyed rookie into veteran hero and became a good soldier of the Corps. The character development he went through is rare in comics, where characters tend to stagnate. I don't know that rookie Kyle would much recognize modern Kyle, the character has changed so much. I still hold out some hope for him.
    "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."-
    Benjamin Franklin

Robotman, Cliff Steele. a man dealt a horrible hand but he sucks it up and uses his new robotic body to help people. a hero who suffers from depression and body image issues but still overcomes his demons. plus i love the fact that he's the most low tech hero in the most high tech body. what i mean is that he has a state of the art robot body but he would much rather punch out the bad guys with his fists. and i love the concept of this average joe personality thrown into the most bizarre situations. after a while he and the other members of the Doom Patrol just accept the ultra strange as their normal.

Superman. what more can one say. he's the embodiment of a true hero and of the American dream. he has the power of a god but instead of forcing his will upon the world he leads by example. 99% of people who where given a fraction of his power would use it for some personal gain. Superman always uses his powers to help others. he's not motivated by hatred or a lust for vengeance. he helps because he has the power to help. he's both a champion of the people and a cosmic savior. i love the idea of the god who wants to live life like a normal man. he's a reporter because it's hard work that can't be done with his physical strength and he loves Lois because she's the strongest woman he's ever met and she'll always challenge him.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Batman. He's simply the best.

To me, he's the epitome of a hero. He uses his wealth to help people, but also uses his body and personal time to help people. He holds true to his values and morals and never wavers on his principals. I think that's very important. I like the fact that he's a brilliant strategist and with sheer will power, will find a way to beat an opponent.

And unlike a lot of other superhuman heroes, he can bleed, get hurt and die from simple arrows, bullets and other traditional weapons. He's the most vulnerable member of the JLA, but at the same time, he's probably the most feared.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Superman. He's kind and compassionate, even towards his enemies. He's one of the most powerful people in the universe but only uses his power for good. He proves that power doesn't corrupt. He views his powers as a gift to help everyone. He's the ultimate hero. So much so that even heroes in the distant future look up to him.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

My favorite is self evident.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Batman. He's simply the best.

To me, he's the epitome of a hero. He uses his wealth to help people, but also uses his body and personal time to help people. He holds true to his values and morals and never wavers on his principals. I think that's very important. I like the fact that he's a brilliant strategist and with sheer will power, will find a way to beat an opponent.

And unlike a lot of other superhuman heroes, he can bleed, get hurt and die from simple arrows, bullets and other traditional weapons. He's the most vulnerable member of the JLA, but at the same time, he's probably the most feared.
    Basically what he said regarding why Bats has been my favorite for over 40 years.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?