Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Aquaman. Such a different character that never seemed to get his due.

only one?

well then, that would be green lantern. fearless, funny, great willpower.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Hal Jordan. The original man without fear. A man who's courage and willpower is second to none, not just among his fellow Green Lanterns, but Earth's superheroes as well.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I'll re-post from the "who is your favorite Flash" thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Wally West.
    I don't think a more complete life has ever been shown in comics. He starts out a kid sidekick, then a boyfriend and teammate/student, then a bit of a frat boy hopelessly stuck in the shadow of his mentor, next a first class hero and respected member of the greatest team of all time, finally a husband, father, and mentor himself. It really was a life in motion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    Wally, for reasons very well-stated by others. He really transformed as a character, not in a forced re-boot or re-imagining way, but in a natural progression from boyhood into heroic maturity. And his role in the Flash legacy is like no other, nobody else has quite inherited their mentor's mantle with the same success. Also, on a personal level, he's very relateable. He's not an angry bitter type but he has a hot streak to him, and he gets angry and defensive when his loved ones are involved, like I imagine most of us would be. He gets frustrated and enveloped in his own super-speed thought processes, he zones out, he struggles with his own identity as the next Flash in several ways, he grows tired of his teammates personal flaws, etc.
    Batman and Superman closely follow.

Mighty Member

Hal Jordan for me. I just adore everything about him.

For me its a pretty big tie between Hal Jordan and Superman. Just cause they both are pretty great guys and have some great morals. And they are just fricking cool!!

Martian Manhunter! The stranger in a strange land doing his best to fit in and help these odd humans even though his true self might terrify 99% of them. The loss of those closest to him and his entire culture, the isolation, the hope that he embodies despite all of this... J'onn J'onzz was also the minority character on the JLA with all the white gods and goddesses before he got dumped New 52 style for Cyborg.

And, of course, he's the only Justice League member who can solo all the others at once! You gotta love J'onn.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

pin_336151559663435244.jpg

I love how he's on a team full of aliens, mystical beings, geniuses and he can still hold his own. He's very flawed, he's human, he's relatable. I can very much relate to the tough choices he had to make over the years. Even though, I love the character. I believe there's still some untapped potential there.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Almost every version of Batman but never Batgod. Share your wealth, take time to help others and make sure they don't have to go through the same bad stuff you did, never stop training your body and mind. If you don't have family build one. All things I can look up to.

Vixen (Mari Jiwe McCabe). She can mimic the ability of any animal and she can stack animal powers as well, so she can be a major powerhouse, depending on which animal abilities she chooses to mimic at any one time. There are so many animals on Earth that can mess a human up big time, so for her to have total access to the entire animal kingdom on Earth is a huge deal.

She's also a fashion model in the comics, which means she is most likely wealthy and can use her wealth for philanthropic purposes, and in her new animated "series" she is a fashion designer, which means she is creative and will most likely make loads of money off her designs.

I'd like to see her finance her own superhero team.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 01-09-2016 at 12:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Green Lantern John Stewart is my favorite.

I love his origin as a headstrong young man from Detroit, who despite his criticisms of his country, still served as a marine. After serving his country, he became an architect.

He is a stalwart member of the GLC, despite all the tragedies he endured as a result of wearing the ring.

The guy married his alien wife at a black church (with the mostly alien GLC in attendance) on superbowl Sunday.

He is a deep thinker, but ready to lay the smack down with no hesitation.

For such a serious person, his history is pretty outrageous.

I consider him as much an American hero as Superman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Martian Manhunter! The stranger in a strange land doing his best to fit in and help these odd humans even though his true self might terrify 99% of them. The loss of those closest to him and his entire culture, the isolation, the hope that he embodies despite all of this... J'onn J'onzz was also the minority character on the JLA with all the white gods and goddesses before he got dumped New 52 style for Cyborg.

And, of course, he's the only Justice League member who can solo all the others at once! You gotta love J'onn.
    Agreed! MM is a boss! wheres that panel from?

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    Agreed! MM is a boss! wheres that panel from?
    It's taken from one of the earlier issues of the current JL run, #8 I think. Art by Ivan Reis. It's good isn't it!?

I try not to dwell too much on any specific character. My current favourite is Hal Jordan. I've always been a fan but the Johns era kind of cemented it. It's not massively important to me though. In fact, I'd rank Superman and Aquaman almost as highly.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    pin_336151559663435244.jpg

I love how he's on a team full of aliens, mystical beings, geniuses and he can still hold his own. He's very flawed, he's human, he's relatable. I can very much relate to the tough choices he had to make over the years. Even though, I love the character. I believe there's still some untapped potential there.
    He's more like the movie version of Clint Barton. And now he has rabies. Geeze Louise.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    He's more like the movie version of Clint Barton. And now he has rabies. Geeze Louise.

Hawkeye_Vol_4_1_Granov_Variant_Textless.jpg

Yeah but Hawkeye is cooler.