Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Well to be quite honest my favorite character in DC Comics was the Green Lantern / Kyle Rayner. He was the Green Lantern that made me take love for the entire universe of the Green Lanterns and their mythology. Different from "Mister Perfection" Hal Jordan and all other Green Lanterns Kyle Rayner had very similar defects with which I myself had and by no means ceased to be a charismatic and much like hero with that I would be if I became a super-hero. Kyle suffered a series of personal tragedies and even life shattered with what little he had left always rose again and started all over again. He suffered hell and was never properly recognized. Even by his fellow of Justice League that no matter how well Kyle act not hesitate to point a finger in his face and say, "You're good but not arrive at the feet of Hal Jordan!". Anyway Green Lantern / Kyle Rayner was the Peter Parker of DC Comics and why I liked him so much.

Last edited by Sansomon; 01-27-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Jay Garrick is my favorite DC character. I got into comics in the 90s when I was growing up, and Mark Waid's Flash book was what got me hooked. Don't me get wrong, Wally was cool, but I loved Jay. From there I started reading The Justice Society and became an even bigger fan of Jay. His costume is simple, but cool. He's a family fan who loves his wife and is a mentor to the younger heroes. He has a clear sense of right and wrong and does not deviate from his beliefs. No matter what the threat he is always the first one to jump into danger to either stop the threat or save other people.

IMG_1810.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ultimate Member

So hard to pick just one, I love so many members of the Legion of Super-Heroes and Teen Titans!

For guys, Dick Grayson/Nightwing, Roy Harper/Arsenal/Red Arrow, Jo Nah/Ultra Boy, Val Armor/Karate Kid and Querl Dox/Brainiac 5 (golden/silver age Brainy, who could participate in practical jokes on his teammates and fell in love with Kara Zor-El, not the grumpy misanthropic Vril Dox wannabe he turned into).

For ladies, Tasmia Mallor/Shadow Lass, Tinya Wazzo/Phantom Girl, Kole Weathers/Kole, Duela Dent/Joker's Daughter and Mari McCabe/Vixen are favorites.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Almost every version of Batman but never Batgod.
    Totally this. Always, always Batman. BUT not the megalomaniacal character that now live As Bruce Wayne. It's been better since Rebirth.

WONDER WOMAN

the reason I love her is that she get's her powers from the GODS from whom she worship and she's beautiful strong and brave and a loyal friend to all.i love how she has faith in her GODS.she in turn reminds me a little of myself whom pray to my GOD for STRENGTH.PATIENCE.COMPASSION.UNDERSTANDING and LOVE for my fellow man.

Tim Drake, because at his best he's Spider-Man without the superpowers.

Good ol' Supes, with his glorious alien ass nicely covered in red.

That being said i'm more a team fan, Teen Titans especially, than really one specific character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    I'm gonna go with Green Lantern. It's really hard to pick just one, tho. I just love the concept of the rings and all the mythos behind those amazing stories.
    This, for me my three all time favorite DC characters are:
    1) Green Lantern: Hal Jordan, I like sci-fi with my super heroes, those are the stories that always attracted me as a child (Captain Marvel (Marvell) being my favorite Marvel character was a Kree warrior). Hal was always my favorite even during the challenge of the Super friends days, I remember arguing how Green Lantern could beat up Superman back before I was in elementary school. The ring that can make anything possible, combined with alien adventures. I have an uninterrupted run of Hal from about 1978 till now (except for the Action Comics era) even when I dropped out of comics I kept getting GL, even during the Kyle years. Even collecting Hal as the Spectre.
    2) Green Lantern: Alan Scott my love for Hal brought me to Alan, a Green Lantern as well but with a crazy costume color scheme and a cape. I loved Alan too, he was instantly my favorite member of the JSA. I am not sure if I first knew him thru Hal/Alan crossovers or through the JLA/JSA team ups but either way, 'classic' Alan rocks. He and Dr. Fate (Kent) were my favorite JSA'ers. I remember being excited when I could see him in a regular appearances in All-Star Squadron. Met his kids in Infinity Inc. Saw him become the 'man' of the JSA during the G. Johns run (him floating in space with Superman looking down at the earth in the JSA/JLA crossover).
    3) Lightning Lad: I love sci-fi futuristic stuff and you can't get more futuristic than the Legion. So while drawn to the LSH, it was Cockrum's costume for LL that made him my favorite Legionnaire. It grew from an affinity for the costume, to enjoying the LSH adventures with him the most, voting for him as Legion leader, hating on Saturn Girl during her Timber Wolf phase, being upset when he 'died' in Legion Lost, loving the connection to the Great Darkness Saga's 'Curse' and hating the 'Garth is dead that is Proty theories'.

Funny those three characters were favorites of mine before I was in the first grade and they still are. I guess when you identify with something, you can sometimes be forever bonded to it. There have been new characters that I like but none that have been able to bump my childhood fave's from my DC Mount Rushmore.

If I had to pick one, I'd go with...jeez, it's hard to pick one. I love John Constantine, Morpheus, Swamp Thing...I'll go with one of the 'lesser' heroes ('lesser in that he's not super-popular).

Mon El.

I love the big brother relationship with Superboy, I love that in the 31st Century he's regarded almost as a legend, like a saint, almost. I love that he single-handedly rebooted the Legion (what an issue that was). I prefer him in his classic look with his classic name, none of the 'Valor' stuff, just Mon-El.
    I first saw him in the Phantom Zone mini series from the 80's (which I am soon to re-read). Just the thought of him surviving in the Zone for all that time, as centuries passed...it's awe-inducing, when you think about it. Just a great and classic character, and nothing about him needs to be changed or updated (I hate every new costume they've given him, that original look, basic as it is, is iconic to me).

So yeah, Mon-El it is.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Good ol' Batman

He got me into comics. A young kid sees the most traumatic thing a young kid could possibly see and he focuses his life on stopping crime. You could do him like a ninja, detective, secret agent, super genius, boogeyman, sexy hairy chested badass and it all works. I started liking the more serious mafia/Taxi Driver types of realist stories and as time went on I enjoyed the Batgod and Justice League versions. I have my own opinions on what my favorite Batman is but I enjoy most types of incarnations and interpretations.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    ...I can't tell if this is supposed to be a joke or not...

For me its martian manhunter. he's like an interesting version of superman.
    LOL Ahem. Yes, Jonn is an awesome character.

Gotta be the Real Steel Deal, Superman.

He's gone through a lot of changes over the years, but at his core he's a man of the people for whom there's no job too big and no job too small. He'll stop an interstellar war with galactic repercussions or he'll sit with someone who wants to commit suicide for as long as it takes for him to convince them not to do it. He's simultaneously the greatest hero in the universe and an everyman trying to make it in the big city. It's that contrast that sets him apart.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Batman.

He's just been a constant for me since before I could remember, going back to the 70s. Even before he became the Invincible Batman from 1986 onward, him and Spider-Man have always been my favorite from each of the big 2 companies. Even in the 70s, they had TV exposure which wasn't common for most superheroes back then.

BANNED

I never STFU about Cassandra Cain, and, if not from talking to me than from my signature, I think most regular posters here know she's my favorite. So instead, I'm gonna talk briefly about my 2nd favorite hero who I don't talk about quite as much...mostly because it's hard to find people to talk about him with.

hero.jpg

Slobo is a character who has appeared in less than two dozen comics, and all of his significant appearances are contained in the last 18 issues of Young Justice. Barely anyone knows the guy exists, and his chances of appearing again (especially under the current editorial) are almost non-existent.

So why do I love him so?

The reason he's my 2nd favorite is for the same 2 reasons the other characters in my top 5 are. 1) How much of myself I see in him. In this case, the way he puts up walls to hide his truly compassionate demeanor and love for his friends, valuing morality, logic and facts rather than any of society's rules, being incredibly excitable, having a philosophical side, and when it comes to loving someone in a romantic way, no one is sweeter. The other reason is 2) HE'S A TRUE HERO. Slobo knows what his limitations are and he (usually) completely understands the circumstances around him. But he doesn't care. He knows what the right thing to do is, and he will do it, regardless of the consequences. That image above? That's him attempting to tackle Darkseid because he was trying to take Secret with him to Apokolips, and none of the rest of YJ were stepping in. He knew he didn't have a chance, but he couldn't just stand by and do nothing.

Oh, and two additional reasons he's so great: 1) Due to coming from the weak end of Lobo's gene pool, he's basically his opposite. Makes sense that the opposite of a character that really annoys me would be one of my absolute favorites. And 2) He's damn funny.

love this guy.jpg

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Jay Garrick is my favorite DC character. I got into comics in the 90s when I was growing up, and Mark Waid's Flash book was what got me hooked. Don't me get wrong, Wally was cool, but I loved Jay. From there I started reading The Justice Society and became an even bigger fan of Jay. His costume is simple, but cool. He's a family fan who loves his wife and is a mentor to the younger heroes. He has a clear sense of right and wrong and does not deviate from his beliefs. No matter what the threat he is always the first one to jump into danger to either stop the threat or save other people.

IMG_1810.JPG
    I like Jay a lot too. He's fantastic on the JSA and I would go nuts if he ever got his own book.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor