Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Captain Marvel, aka Shazam! He was the one to introduce me to comic books, starting with his 1970s live-action TV show. As to what attracts me to the character: well, he was a kid with a big heart who can transform into a hero, a trope that has always been near-and-dear to me. Go figure.

I'm gonna go with Green Lantern. It's really hard to pick just one, tho. I just love the concept of the rings and all the mythos behind those amazing stories.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

BANNED

I'm split between Superman and the Green Lantern Corps. "Man of Steel" got me back into comics after decades, love that movie and I fell in love with the character. But lately I've been getting more into groups, Green Lantern Corps and Justice League, especially the former. There's that sense of camaraderie that really appeals to me. Being part of a Corps that tries to make the universe a better place for everybody...I'm completely with that. Plus, there are the different spectrums of rings...I could go on and on.

BANNED

Like much of the gross masses characters as OMAC / Kevin Kho, Remac, Maul, Loose Cannon, Frankenstein, Young Frankenstein, Fringe, Fuji, Baby Wildebeest of Teen Titans, Atom Smasher the Justice Society of America, Tygrus of Batman the Animated Series, Tiger-Man, Man-Bat (super-heroic version of he), Tasmanian Devil of Justice League International, Blok of Legion of Super-Heroes, Tigorr of Omega Men , Congorilla ... I love big guys who are also all hearts and proving that this story that being big is synonymous with being stupid and useless is a great unfounded prejudice created by nerds ... and liked the humble character ugly ducklings of these publishers ... Solovar of Flash, Wylde of the Outsiders, Battalion and the Team Titans, Scorn (Ceritak of Superman), The Olympian (Aristides Demetrios) of Universe DC New 52, ​​Ridge of Ravagers, Garl Rathbone of stories of Green Lantern Kyle Rayner, Hardrock, Titano of DC One Million , Tonrarr the Leader of the Lionmane Pride on Hawkworld, Northwind (Norda Cantrell Were-Hawk form) etc.Because every time the DC Comics decide to "kill" one of the characters I always think: "This character is not so central not liked by fans ... and if he never returning?"
    Last edited by Sansomon; 01-11-2016 at 12:59 PM.

Superman, without a doubt. As to why, aside from being so freaking lovable, I just find his adventures and cast to be a load of fun. I just can't wait to read a Superman comic whenever I get the chance.

Superman...except for the New 52/DC You version.

The ultimate good guy who fights for justice and equality.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Incredible Member

Batman- Love the origin, the family,and the villains and was the first hero that introduced me to the world of superheroes via the Batman 60's tv series. I was born in the 70's, but loved the Bronze Age Batman and those stories!

Deathstroke , Often He gets a bad wrap for being A Baddie , However when People get sick of the Anti-Hero cliche , it never fails Slade shows signs of having a gooder side. But usually hes bad , but not in a Jerk Steal your girlfriend way, and thats what I like about him.

I've always been more about ensembles or certain takes.
    The JLI era Beetle-Booster-Fire-Ice quartet would by my top.
    And it would be hard to pick one over the others.

If I did have to pick just one, it would probably be Blue Beetle because he joined the League a few issues before Booster.
    But if it wasn't for Booster, he probably wouldn't have been the Beetle I grew to like so much.

As for the why...
    Beetle (along with the other three) were the first time characters actually felt "real" to me.
    They were heroes, but they were human, too, with all those little quirks that you come to discover about your closest friends in real life.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 01-26-2016 at 09:54 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Classic Lobo
    Etrigan the Demon (Alan Grant era)
    Wild Dog
    Batman

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    I'm gonna go with Green Lantern. It's really hard to pick just one, tho. I just love the concept of the rings and all the mythos behind those amazing stories.
    Pick Guy Gardner. Because he's clearly the best:

Astonishing Member

Both for DC and all of comicdom I'l have to go with Tomorrow Woman the 5 minute member of the Justice League.

Her story hit a lot of points I love. She was very much a definition of where there's a will there's a way.

Built to obliterate the Justice League and not even coded to know what freedom was she still rebelled against her creators so she could be the hero she wanted to be.

And unlike many deaths hers (in her first and intended to be only appearance) hasn't stopped writers from seeing how interesting the character could be to use and eventually led her to being brought back.

Plus, you got to love a psychic gynoid. Her vaguely sci-fi design that also feels like a throwback made her an instant favorite.

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

That's a rough one. I mean, there's a huge spot in my heart for Superman and the LOSH but most likely it'd be Jack Knight or Ryan Choi, Elijah Snow is pretty high on that list too... DC's vision for the future doesn't involve me reading their books.
    Did you know that every atom in our bodies was once part of a star? Think about that… EVERYTHING changes. Caterpillars turn into butterflies and stars turn into @$$holes.

Fun-Eating Devil The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Tommy Monaghan. Never lost for a line, and star of comic's greatest 'crime does not pay' story*.

*(Hitman, duh)

BANNED

Batman, i love the costume, simple, very recognisable, demonic looks of him is just brilliant. I love how he poses on or around gargoyle statues at rooftops, i love to see him in shadows at night like he's the prince of darkness or something. I love all the supporting characters and the villains... he has the best villains gallery and a great supporting cast. He's mentaly and physicly the pinnicle of human achievement... a great detective, scientist and a martial artist and the most dangerous member of Justice League. I really admire these.

And then there are the more personal preferances... the Batman who i grew up with. The cold, paranoid, distrustful dark knight... i love all of these.
    Last edited by Batarang; 01-27-2016 at 11:52 AM.