Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Batman and Robin Eternal #15 Preview / Discussion

Batman and Robin Eternal #15

Source: Adventuresinpoortaste

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...in-eternal-15/

Summary:In times of crisis people turn to faith. In Red Robin's time of crisis he will turn to Azrael
    Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

So instead of having a Jean Paul thrown into a crazy world by reasons beyond his control or understanding, we have a crazy zealot azrael, again.

awesome.

Don't have access to see the preview while I am at work. It would be strange if Jean Paul was still down with Mother since he had access to the file on him after the last time they appeared. Guess he is either evil like them or irrational/conflicted.

Incredible Member

Not liking the hair cut...other than that, curious to see where this goes

Incredible Member

Hope we get a good showing from Azrael, though.

BANNED

So they're actually doing to have Dumas himself show up? that's a first. The original series had him as a talking head for a few issues before reverting back to the hallucination. Wonder what happened to Santa Prisca and the church.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    So they're actually doing to have Dumas himself show up? that's a first. The original series had him as a talking head for a few issues before reverting back to the hallucination. Wonder what happened to Santa Prisca and the church.
    Its probably all a hallucination, i think.

Wait... What? What happened to Jason?

BANNED

Almost certainly a ruse.

Incredible Member

I'm fairly sure, The Mother is in-control of Santa Pirisca...this is all part of her plan, otherwise, it wouldn't make sense to show this.

Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    I'm fairly sure, The Mother is in-control of Santa Pirisca...this is all part of her plan, otherwise, it wouldn't make sense to show this.
    Possibly. It certainly seems like Jean-Paul is one of her designer children in this continuity. But the connection may well turn out to be tenuous. There were plenty of plot threads in Batman Eternal that had almost nothing to do with the main storyline (the entire Arkham sequence, for instance). So far Batman and Robin Eternal has been much better constructed, so one would hope they wouldn't fall into that problem again. But, the precedent is there, .

I don't care for JPVs dodgy haircut and his mask is too similar to Jason's IMO. Would have prefered a whole new Azrael to be honest. It seems like a missed opportunity. I remember a lot of people complaining about Cassandra's and Stephanies absence from the reboot but I can't recall a single post of someone clamouring for JPV.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    I don't care for JPVs dodgy haircut and his mask is too similar to Jason's IMO. Would have prefered a whole new Azrael to be honest. It seems like a missed opportunity. I remember a lot of people complaining about Cassandra's and Stephanies absence from the reboot but I can't recall a single post of someone clamouring for JPV.
    The nature of the internet being what it is, I'm sure there was one

That said, I doubt that there was much clamor to have him back. A large part of his character was his failure as Batman, which is no longer in canon. And unlike many other characters, his story had a beginning, middle and end.

Like Ennis' Hitman, people like Tommy and miss him, but know that his story has been completed. Though this is ongoing serial fiction in general, some characters do (or should) get an ending. Jean Paul should have been one of them.

Extraordinary Member

The caveat to that is that a lot of people, myself including, think his ending kind of sucked.

The biggest issue I see with bringing him back has less to do with respecting the source material and more to do with the same issue Stephanie and Cass have; they're reintroduced at their stage-one of development and will almost certainly need some kind of monthly to be developed in so they don't feel like they're just taking up space.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member

so they are gonna revive all the batman world in thease comcics. With so many heroes how doesnt crime fall