Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

"Jokes on you!!

Scott and gang what are you implying here?

Anyway, that was really a fun issue and I am looking forward for the next issue.

BANNED

Please dont repeat DITF,let Jason move on.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Well that was an interesting setup but once they introduced "Dumas" everything came crashing down. Meh.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    so they are gonna revive all the batman world in thease comcics. With so many heroes how doesnt crime fall
    Well, in the real world there are police officers and other organisation fighting crime and it still exist.

At least the Gotham heroes have the excuse that they are non-powered heroes, so their powers are limited. The question is; why there is crime in city where their heroes are Godlike beings?

Quote Originally Posted by REAL View Post
    "Jokes on you!!

Scott and gang what are you implying here?
    Hopefully that Scarecrow's been waving around his fear gas a lot...

Extraordinary Member

Y'know, I'm really liking this "Batman in the 90's" style B-plot for this weekly. Tim continues to be far more readable here than anything in Teen Titans while still being recognizable and in familiar territory, Jason is reading very well for me, having a bit of a smart-@$$ take on the Nightwing-Robin chemistry from the Dixon days, and who apparently is regarded highly enough to be the "better candidate" for Azrael 2.0. And the Order of Dumas is once more a super high-tech pseudo-religious group ruled by a narcissistic Brother Rollo type guy, as opposed to the sometimes annoyingly-played-straight occultic Order of Purity from the Michael Lane books.

But it's a book like this that also makes me feel we need some kind of expansion of the Batbooks; I want to read about Cass and Steph on a regular basis as well as a competently done Tim Drake and Azrael.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

So how exactly was Azrael taken down? where did that muck come from? and where the hell is Bane?

Extraordinary Member

What I'm wondering about? Are they still on Santa Prisca. If not how did they left the island without their plane. And if they are where does Jasons new helmet come from ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Well that was an interesting setup but once they introduced "Dumas" everything came crashing down. Meh.
    They lost me at "Timothy Drake, The only true partner of Gothams Knight" Really?

BANNED

You gotta handle Tim something.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    They lost me at "Timothy Drake, The only true partner of Gothams Knight" Really?
    Given how much of a fan Tynion is of Tim that comment doesn't surprise me in the least.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Y'know, I'm really liking this "Batman in the 90's" style B-plot for this weekly. Tim continues to be far more readable here than anything in Teen Titans while still being recognizable and in familiar territory, Jason is reading very well for me, having a bit of a smart-@$$ take on the Nightwing-Robin chemistry from the Dixon days, and who apparently is regarded highly enough to be the "better candidate" for Azrael 2.0. And the Order of Dumas is once more a super high-tech pseudo-religious group ruled by a narcissistic Brother Rollo type guy, as opposed to the sometimes annoyingly-played-straight occultic Order of Purity from the Michael Lane books.

But it's a book like this that also makes me feel we need some kind of expansion of the Batbooks; I want to read about Cass and Steph on a regular basis as well as a competently done Tim Drake and Azrael.
    This is how I feel. And I don't really like Jason, and I've never read a book with JPV in it before. But still I'm really enjoying this series. I did miss Cass and Steph (and Harper) this issue.

Sooooo... The implication is that Jason was the Robin prepared by mother, and his assault by the Joker was the trauma that was supposed to 'shape' him? If so, nice misdirection.
    Or am I jumping to conclusions? Is it just that Jason had that Icythus surreptitiously installed?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Sooooo... The implication is that Jason was the Robin prepared by mother, and his assault by the Joker was the trauma that was supposed to 'shape' him? If so, nice misdirection.
    Or am I jumping to conclusions? Is it just that Jason had that Icythus surreptitiously installed?
    If he is then that's a nice bit of misdirection work on the part of the writing team here. I guess we'll have to wait which it is.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    I fail to see how dying would be part of Mother's plan.