Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    To me, this subplot is a 80s-90's throwback story, but a 80-90s Batman throwback story; I see the new St. Dumas and I see a guy like the Council leader in the old Manhunter story by Archie Goodwin, I see the Dumas Order as an update of their very high-tech fanaticism from the Denny books, and I see Tim and Jason as having a spiced-up variation of the old Nightwing-Robin partnership; there's still clearly a senior partner who is more dangerous and skilled, but he's more rough and tumble than Dick would be.
    I'm enjoying the rest of the story well enough but the subplot is what's keeping me coming back rather then the main plot. I'm far more interested in whatever Tim and Jason are getting up to here then in watching Dick, Cass and Harper chase down Mother. I like their dynamic and how they play off of one another in a different way then Tim and Dick would. I'd actually like to see them pair up more often because I find that dynamic to be refreshing maybe in a mini or something.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I don't know. That Tim line seem like just more of the typical Tim spew. Harper gets **** for it, but Tim was built on those type of lines and having other characters telling us why he special rather than showing us was the norm with him. The idea of Robin being Batman's partner didn't start with Tim. Not an apprentice, not a shadow (nice shot there BTW), a partner yet actually Tim was probably the Robin who work the least next to Batman, and worked more as a solo character then he did next to Batman. And in the new 52 he worked with Batman for what a week? I thought he was the "outsider" but now he's the only true partner of Gothams Knight. Um, okay. Then why does he seem so irrelevant now a days, and why doesn't any of Batman's responsibilities fall to him. The more accurate line would have been the unappreciated partner of Gothams Knight, or the lost partner of Gothams Knight.

Im not trying to tear down Tim, but need to stop trying to build him up with hollow labels that don't make much sense and aren't really there to see, and start trying to build him up with new ideas that have actual substance that we can see.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-15-2016 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    It really does not bode well for Tim Drake as he gets the Harper treatment where the every other character praises you for skills that have not been show. How is he the Worlds Greatest Detective while Bruce is out of commission. Are there no Detective in the DCU that have not been trained by Batman? Question, Slam Bradley, Crimson Avenger, Roh Kar, etc. DC has really gutted the wealth of Detective they have and simply having all centered on Batman world is kind of iffy because sometime they don't even show anyone doing true detective work but using fear/intimidation/hacking.
    I don't recall anyone calling him the worlds greatest detective, let alone even second to Bruce on panel. Hasn't that just been forum assumption?

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    I don't recall anyone calling him the worlds greatest detective, let alone even second to Bruce on panel. Hasn't that just been forum assumption?
    Best example recently is his intro caption in Robin War #1:

"TIM DRAKE AKA RED ROBIN. Formerly the world's second greatest detective, currently the world's greatest detective."

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Best example recently is his intro caption in Robin War #1:

"TIM DRAKE AKA RED ROBIN. Formerly the world's second greatest detective, currently the world's greatest detective."
    Ye, I guess I missed that. Even as a huge Tim fan I can't quite agree to that. There is a lot of sharp minded guys in the DCU, even detective wise that would rank over him. In my honest opinion.
    Top fifteen would seem more reasonable. But top two? I have seen nothing that would solidify this. But then again the same could be said for many other characters in correlation with other categories.
    At the end of the day it's no big deal, it's the stories that are told what keep me coming back. Not to see who can beat who, and who is smarter than the next.