Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Kyle Higgins is stepping down as writer following Shattered Grid. A new creative team (Marguerite Bennett and Simone Di Meo) takes over in Issue 31 with a storyline called "Beyond the Grid" featuring an all new Ranger team

http://comicbook.com/powerrangers/20...yond-the-grid/
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 06-15-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Kyle Higgins is stepping down as writer following Shattered Grid. A new creative team (Marguerite Bennett and Simone Di Meo) takes over in Issue 31 with a storyline called "Beyond the Grid" featuring an all new Ranger team

I'm devastated by this. I know there are a lot of posters here that are fans of other teams and more Rangers and I'm happy for you, but the original MMPR + Adam, Rocky, Aisha, etc.. are the only Rangers I'm interested in. Perhaps I'll make the switch to only Go Go instead of only Mighty Morphin' once Shattered Grid ends. Or I'll just collect in hardcover.

I certainly wasn't expecting this. I didn't think Go Go would have a long run but if I understand correctly it will continue for the time being and be the sole place the OG Rangers will be. And MMPR will be continuing on as this...

That is an eclectic group of rangers.

Bennet sounds like an old-school fan and she can do some good stuff, so I'm intrigued to see where this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I certainly wasn't expecting this. I didn't think Go Go would have a long run but if I understand correctly it will continue for the time being and be the sole place the OG Rangers will be. And MMPR will be continuing on as this...

Bennet sounds like an old-school fan and she can do some good stuff, so I'm intrigued to see where this goes.
    That's a pretty decent roster IMO

Tanya is a highly underrated ranger. She was way more interesting than Aisha.
    Last edited by The Big G; 06-15-2018 at 10:52 AM.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Talon Ranger too...never used in Dinocharge but was heavily marketed when that season was airing

BANNED

MMPR 28 preview.

Kim and Jenn are pulling together an interesting group:

http://comicfrontline.blogspot.com/2...y-morphin.html
    If Kira's here, does that mean Drakkon already got Dr. O?

Very sad to be losing Higgens. Also kinda funny that we're going from one of Scott Snyder's students to another. I'm not a fan of Bennett based off everything I've read, but maybe she'll surprise me.

I think it's a pretty great line-up. Not completely ideal, but at least one of my faves (Cam) is in there and I'm interested to see more of Ranger Slayer.

Talon Ranger too...never used in Dinocharge but was heavily marketed when that season was airing
    Oh I hope it's Heckyl like originally planned. Apart from the Sudarso brothers just being the Sudarso brothers, Heckyl is by far the best thing to come from the tv show since RPM.

I wonder if the MD is Mike or the actual MD
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I wonder if the book will be rebranded as just Power Rangers then?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if the book will be rebranded as just Power Rangers then?
    That thought crossed my mind too

IF I was to make a Six Man Ranger team this is how I would break it down:

Jason-MMPR
    Adam-Zeo
    Kira-Dino Thunder
    Dana Mitchell-Lightspeed Rescue
    Kendall-Dino Charge
    Jarrod-Jungle Fury (Not really a ranger, but its always good to have 'Searching for Redemption" character)

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    That thought crossed my mind too
    I'm thinking it will be a Justice League International situation. The book stayed Justice League then slowly transitioned into Justice League International being the title.

I'm wondering how well this will go over with readers. I'm a huge Power Rangers fan and love the idea a hybrid ranger team from various seasons, but I know a lot of people are simply Mighty Morphin fans. My guess is Tommy will return post Shattered Grid and the Go Go title will jump to present day with the original 6 Mighty Morphin rangers.

Also remember Hasbro has recently purchased the Power Rangers franchise. This could be a swan song for this run of Power Ranger comics if Hasbro plans to send those rights over to another publisher. IDW does a ton of Hasbro characters as it is, Transformers, GI Joe etc. They could want to consolidate that all under one roof. Honestly Boom has done such a great job I hope it stays where it is for the time being.
    Last edited by comicstar100; 06-15-2018 at 08:14 PM.

Austin St. John shared on his Twitter that Robert Axelrod, the voice actor for Lord Zedd and Finster, suffered complications during surgery and is now in recovery. A GoFundMe was started to help cover his expenses as he can't work while he recovers.

If you'd like to donate or share the campaign around you can find it here:

https://www.gofundme.com/robert-axelrod-recovery-fund

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    I'm wondering how well this will go over with readers. I'm a huge Power Rangers fan and love the idea a hybrid ranger team from various seasons, but I know a lot of people are simply Mighty Morphin fans. My guess is Tommy will return post Shattered Grid and the Go Go title will jump to present day with the original 6 Mighty Morphin rangers.

Also remember Hasbro has recently purchased the Power Rangers franchise. This could be a swan song for this run of Power Ranger comics if Hasbro plans to send those rights over to another publisher. IDW does a ton of Hasbro characters as it is, Transformers, GI Joe etc. They could want to consolidate that all under one roof. Honestly Boom has done such a great job I hope it stays where it is for the time being.
    Yeah I'm one of those people. I don't think it's a bad thing. I just sort of stopped watching when I was younger after Zeo. Like I said in my reaction post on the last page.. I'll either switch to just Go Go or more likely just continue waiting for the Hardcover collections.. because those are pretty.

IDW/Hasbro taking the reigns of the Power Rangers comics makes me nervous because the Transformers comics really took a hit with their (failed)Hasbro Universe.

BANNED

My brother stopped after Zeo too.

I'm one of the lads who stuck by Power Rangers during all it's incarnations, and I've been itching for the other teams to be explored in the BOOM series. I have noticed that it's going to switch from being Tommy/Drakkon focused to potentially Kimberly/Rangerslayer focused, which makes sense, though I wonder what becomes of MMPR/GG Kimberly? Perhaps there's a twist and she inherits the Rangerslayer powers?

When I was a kid I was BIG into the Rangers through MMPR seasons 1/2. It was never really the same for me after Zack, Jason, and Trini (she was my favoirte at the time) left, but I kept with it a while but totally lost steam around the Ninja Quest arc. I've since gone back and watched the whole Zordon era as well as a few seasons the fans generally agree are good like RPM and Time Force.

I'm one of the lads who stuck by Power Rangers during all it's incarnations, and I've been itching for the other teams to be explored in the BOOM series. I have noticed that it's going to switch from being Tommy/Drakkon focused to potentially Kimberly/Rangerslayer focused, which makes sense, though I wonder what becomes of MMPR/GG Kimberly? Perhaps there's a twist and she inherits the Rangerslayer powers?
    My guess is that due to the makeup of the team that post-Shattered Grid the threat of Drakkon is ended but nothing else has been fixed yet, so that's what future Kim and this new team will be working for. What that means for the OG Rangers is the big question.