Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647
    Extraordinary Member

Ultimate Member

Amy Jo Johnson will be doing a Power Rangers book for Boom sometime later this year.

Been having a real funtime with the series, I’m hyped for #109 because the cover promises a showdown between spoilers:
    Zedd-Ranger versus Mistress Vile Rita
    end of spoilers and I hope their fight is as messy as I hope it’ll be. Love the flashback they did to show how Zedd first recruited Rita, and I saw that look Rita gave Zedd in the last panel. Melissa Flores even retweeted them and added “Spicy” to it. They’re both have so much more baggage and toxicity in this continuity, but I kinda want them to get together even more LOL!

Yes even tho Rita nearly killed Zedd and he’s out for revenge. He was drugged into marrying her in the original universe and didn’t mind that even after being undrugged. The threshold for red flag seems pretty high for supervillains in PR verse.
    Last edited by Byakko; 04-07-2023 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Spoiler doesn’t work on attachments

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Beyond the Grid was not a success. Wasn't long before they relaunched with the MMPR and Omega teams. Honestly, it's skippable.
    Thank god it didn't last long. While I liked the Purple Solaris Ranger, I couldn't get behind anything else in that story.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Amy Jo Johnson will be doing a Power Rangers book for Boom sometime later this year.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...d=2umcfhubpmaw

Kick Starter if anyone is interested.

I follow Power Rangers as Deluxe HCs. I ordered the latest Deluxe, Mighty Morphin / Power Rangers: Book One. (: I like Power Rangers or Super Sentai, whatever you call them. But since i watched the American Version on TV when i was at Junior High, i am leaned more to side of the Power Rangers. White Ranger, Tommy Oliver is my favorite. (RIP Jason David Frank)

Tokusatsu Monsters were mostly looking silly on the live action tv show because it was some dude in a rubber monster costume. lol (Don't get me wrong, i love live action silly Tokusatsu Monsters (: ) but Tokusatsu Monsters in comics as drawings look mostly really cool, you can take them more seriously even as an adult as drawings. This is what i really liked about the comics. Power Rangers had a more serious tone as drawings. (and no budge problem) Going the comics route for an adult audiance was a good choise, i believe. It really works for me as an adult Power Rangers guy.
    Last edited by out of control; 12-03-2023 at 03:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Godzilla vs. The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers II #1 Preview
    Writer: Cullen Bunn
    Artist: Baldemar Rivas

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

AJJs Power Rangers series is DARK. Im loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Godzilla vs. The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers II #1 Preview
    Writer: Cullen Bunn
    Artist: Baldemar Rivas

WHo isnt fighting Godzilla right now?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Spoilers lol but I'd say all they really have to know is there is a new Green ranger. If they want to know the backstory than they can read the first vol of Go Go. OP did say as little reading as possible to get caught up.
    Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Thank you all for responding!

I've heard mention of Shattered Grid. Is it new reader friendly if I pick that up as my first PR comic?

If there's money left over, I'll check that out too.
    Circling wayyy the hell back around to this... I never pulled the trigger due to funds and life stuff. But I'm able to try now.

So let's say: Shattered Grid and then onto the Mighty Morphin and Power Rangers TPBs? The two series merged into one recently, no?

Again, I've never read a single Power Rangers related comic in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Circling wayyy the hell back around to this... I never pulled the trigger due to funds and life stuff. But I'm able to try now.

So let's say: Shattered Grid and then onto the Mighty Morphin and Power Rangers TPBs? The two series merged into one recently, no?

Again, I've never read a single Power Rangers related comic in my life.

Here this reading guide might be if use to you. It's official from Boom
    Last edited by sifighter; 03-28-2024 at 07:59 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.