Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041
Results 601 to 608 of 608
  1. #601
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    So I was pumped for the Green Ranger Shredder and read the Power Rangers/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #3 Issue

    The issue started out great, middle was bad, the ending...not sure what to say

    spoilers:


    - Awesome fight between Green Ranger Shredder vs Rita. Loved the scene with Bebop and Rocksteady messing up Rita's Henchmen until Goldar shows up and turns it around. The fight ends in a standstill and as true villains, they decide to work together to eliminate the heroes

    - Tommy is in a cage and has a heated discussion with Tyler. Tyler is mad at Tommy for leaving. Tommy was adopted and moved. Tommy said he dropped everything to check on Tyler. (good dialogue for Tommy)

    - Turtles Sewer Lair. Turtles and Rangers interacting. Jason isn't happy, Zach enjoys the odd pizza flavors, Billy asking questions about mutagen, Kimberly is worried/peeved with Tommy. Trini asking why Raph is mad all the time

    - Zordon detected Morphin Energy signature and the Rangers investigate (ask the turtles to stay behind). Shredder ambushes them and drains their powers unmorphing them. Zordon detects the signatures gone

    - EASILY THE WORST PART: The Rangers unmorphed, manage do dodge Shredder's Attacks (scene made no sense) and Casey Jones shows up. Says a few stupid lines, and even lands a hit on Shredder (Scene made even less sense). **Sorry, but a glorified Shredder who is able to move really fast and a lot more durable...everybody should have been meat**

    - The Rangers somehow managed to run away out of the jamming range and teleport back. Rita sends a monster to destroy NYC

    - At the end the Turtles are holding morphers

    end of spoilers

    Overall, it was alright.

    Good:
    - I liked how Shredder was written as a great strategist.
    - Good Dialogue with Tommy, Rangers, and Turtles
    - Villains Fight in the Beginning

    Bad
    - Casey Jones
    - Shredder Fight vs Heroes made zero sense
    - Fights felt rushed

    I understand the good guys need to win but there is no way they should have survived that particular encounter.
    I don't know how, but the moment I saw Shredder stealing Tommy's Morpher, I was thinking what I saw at the end of the issue was going to happen. Although I have a complaint:

    spoilers:
    They are giving the Turtles the Morphers according with their colors? I mean, Leo-Blue, Ralph-Red, Donnie-Black, Mikey-Yellow and April-Pink? That's dumbass!!! After seeing how they interact and the abilities they all have, a better way would be this one:

    + Leo-Red: Jason and Leo are both the leaders, they are the ones who practice more the martial arts and they both use the swords.
    + Raph-Yellow: Raph and Trini seem to have bonded quite much, and the Power Daggers match Raph's sais.
    + Donnie-Blue: Donnie is the smart guy, just like Billy; and the Power Lance matches Donnie's Boo Staff.
    + Mikey-Zack: Mikey is the "party dude", similar to Zack; although I don't know if Mickey will know to use the Power Axe.
    + April-Pink: Well, it's quite obvious. Although, to be honest, I wish Splinter would have joined the fight.

    Don't you think this matches better?
    end of spoilers

    And there's another thing worrying me:

    spoilers:
    How is the Power Coincs going to affect the Turtles? I mean, back in the day, the closest thing that ever happened in the Power Rangers' universe was Doggie Krueger from SPD as the Shadow Ranger. The Power Coins will affect the Turtles in a similar way, giving them a more human look? I can't wait to see it!!
    end of spoilers

  2. #602
    Mighty Member Godzilla2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I don't know how, but the moment I saw Shredder stealing Tommy's Morpher, I was thinking what I saw at the end of the issue was going to happen. Although I have a complaint:

    spoilers:
    They are giving the Turtles the Morphers according with their colors? I mean, Leo-Blue, Ralph-Red, Donnie-Black, Mikey-Yellow and April-Pink? That's dumbass!!! After seeing how they interact and the abilities they all have, a better way would be this one:

    + Leo-Red: Jason and Leo are both the leaders, they are the ones who practice more the martial arts and they both use the swords.
    + Raph-Yellow: Raph and Trini seem to have bonded quite much, and the Power Daggers match Raph's sais.
    + Donnie-Blue: Donnie is the smart guy, just like Billy; and the Power Lance matches Donnie's Boo Staff.
    + Mikey-Zack: Mikey is the "party dude", similar to Zack; although I don't know if Mickey will know to use the Power Axe.
    + April-Pink: Well, it's quite obvious. Although, to be honest, I wish Splinter would have joined the fight.

    Don't you think this matches better?
    end of spoilers

    And there's another thing worrying me:

    spoilers:
    How is the Power Coincs going to affect the Turtles? I mean, back in the day, the closest thing that ever happened in the Power Rangers' universe was Doggie Krueger from SPD as the Shadow Ranger. The Power Coins will affect the Turtles in a similar way, giving them a more human look? I can't wait to see it!!
    end of spoilers
    Regarding the Power Coins

    spoilers:

    Agreed with Doggy and Justin but definitely affecting the Turtles. Shredder is a human and look how he turned out when he morphed. I can only imagine these Ranger Turtles will look like.
    end of spoilers

    As for the complaint

    spoilers:

    I can see your point, especially regarding the weapons. But honestly, getting tired of seeing Red in the spotlight. I prefer Super Sentai now but you have these other rangers with amazing potential but they're pushed aside for Red. Look how awesome Jen was in Time Force. Also, Billy is my favorite Ranger of all time so I usually root for Blue.

    end of spoilers

  3. #603
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Regarding the Power Coins

    spoilers:

    Agreed with Doggy and Justin but definitely affecting the Turtles. Shredder is a human and look how he turned out when he morphed. I can only imagine these Ranger Turtles will look like.
    end of spoilers

    As for the complaint

    spoilers:

    I can see your point, especially regarding the weapons. But honestly, getting tired of seeing Red in the spotlight. I prefer Super Sentai now but you have these other rangers with amazing potential but they're pushed aside for Red. Look how awesome Jen was in Time Force. Also, Billy is my favorite Ranger of all time so I usually root for Blue.

    end of spoilers
    About the Power Coins:

    spoilers:
    Justin was still human. The Morphin only made him look older. The point here is about giving an anthropomorphic animal a more human form.
    end of spoilers

    About my complaint:

    spoilers:
    Pal, the Ranger's color is meaningless. I mean, Tommy has been my favourite Ranger of all time, and he has been Green (my favourite), White, Red and Black. The Red Ranger is always the leader, but that doesn't mean the others are worthless. It's like a tradition, like the colors of the ribbons on the State Fair: The first place is always a blue ribbon, then comes red, green, and purple. Also, in military formations, "Red" is always the code for the main forces of an attack. So, it's not about the color, it's about the abilities that comes with each morpher.
    end of spoilers

    And one more thing:

    spoilers:
    To be honest, if they are really going to give the Turtles Morphers, it would have suited better the Power Coins of Season 3. You know, with Ninjor and the Ninjazords. The topic would have been more suitable, don't you think? On the other hand, maybe this will the root for a sequel of this story. I can imagine Ninjor and Master Splinter talking to each other.
    end of spoilers

  4. #604
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    20,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I don't know how, but the moment I saw Shredder stealing Tommy's Morpher, I was thinking what I saw at the end of the issue was going to happen. Although I have a complaint:

    spoilers:
    They are giving the Turtles the Morphers according with their colors? I mean, Leo-Blue, Ralph-Red, Donnie-Black, Mikey-Yellow and April-Pink? That's dumbass!!! After seeing how they interact and the abilities they all have, a better way would be this one:

    + Leo-Red: Jason and Leo are both the leaders, they are the ones who practice more the martial arts and they both use the swords.
    + Raph-Yellow: Raph and Trini seem to have bonded quite much, and the Power Daggers match Raph's sais.
    + Donnie-Blue: Donnie is the smart guy, just like Billy; and the Power Lance matches Donnie's Boo Staff.
    + Mikey-Zack: Mikey is the "party dude", similar to Zack; although I don't know if Mickey will know to use the Power Axe.
    + April-Pink: Well, it's quite obvious. Although, to be honest, I wish Splinter would have joined the fight.

    Don't you think this matches better?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I would think an axe would be easier than the nunchaku Mikey usually uses! I'm sure the Turtles know how to use other weapons, what they normally use are just their preferences.

    Incidentally, the rangers don't usually use them, but there's actually two rangers who do use nunchaku - Zeo Ranger II Yellow and Jungle Fury Red Ranger.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  5. #605
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    I would think an axe would be easier than the nunchaku Mikey usually uses! I'm sure the Turtles know how to use other weapons, what they normally use are just their preferences.

    Incidentally, the rangers don't usually use them, but there's actually two rangers who do use nunchaku - Zeo Ranger II Yellow and Jungle Fury Red Ranger.
    end of spoilers
    I know that, but those are not the Ranger Generation they are using here.

  6. #606
    TEST YOUR MIGHT! The Big G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,513

    Default

    I for one welcome the Mighty Teenage Moprphin Mutant Ninja Rangers
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

  7. #607
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    I suspect they'll become more humanoid because they buried the lead in the first issue when they were quizzing each other over what they'd like most if they could become human

  8. #608
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I suspect they'll become more humanoid because they buried the lead in the first issue when they were quizzing each other over what they'd like most if they could become human
    Yeah, I was suspecting that too. But I can't stop thinking how it will affect them. I mean, even looking human, their shells could turn their backs way stronger?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •