Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I guess Boom should add a dedication to the next issue that hasn't gone to press yet - to Jason David Frank, Tommy's actor, who committed suicide yesterday.
    I just can't believe it! Why did he do that?! He had everything in this life... Why did he suicide?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I just can't believe it! Why did he do that?! He had everything in this life... Why did he suicide?!
    Depression is tough, man, it can hit anyone, no matter his status or accomplishments.
    Chester from Linkin Park was too a man who had being in the top of the world and did the same thing.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Depression is tough, man, it can hit anyone, no matter his status or accomplishments.
    Chester from Linkin Park was too a man who had being in the top of the world and did the same thing.
    And Chris Cornell of Soundgarden. All with in the same age bracket I think when I think about it. Incredibly sad.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I cant believe we're already getting to 100 issues. This has been one of the best "reboots/revivals" we've had.

I do wonder if they will ever bite the bullet and have them transition to Zeo or do something to progress to the point of a potential C2D.

Really hope we're able to see some of these stories adapted to a tv show or animated series/movie.
    Unless you do spinoff books-you are going to have to eventually.

Kat and Tanya have to show up eventually.

As does Justin and TJ's gang.

Nothing says Kim and Billy don't reteam up with Jason, Zack and Trini in that other book.

Aisha is pretty much the only Ranger that actually leaves the country. Having her comeback might be an issue.

I've been working my way through the series and just started the Beyond the Grid arc. Enjoying a lot of it but then hitting this arc I'm struggling a bit with characters that I feel I should know but don't because my Power Ranger TV knowledge ended at about Time Force. Don't blame them for using newer characters but it would have been nice to have them introduced a bit better.

Beyond the Grid was not a success. Wasn't long before they relaunched with the MMPR and Omega teams. Honestly, it's skippable.

We don't know the exact reasons, but I hear a stepdaughter of his also died recently? And in similar circumstances to how his brother Erik died some years ago. He was also going through a rough patch in his marriage, there was rumours they were divorcing, but apparently they reconciled.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-27-2022 at 05:30 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Unless you do spinoff books-you are going to have to eventually.
    As does Justin and TJ's gang.
    Since these comics are set in their own continuity, I’m hoping that if they ever get to Turbo, they let TJ, Cassie, Carlos and Ashley get the Turbo powers from the get go. No Tommy or them with the Turbo at all. Let them transition into Zeo, and let that be their cutoff of power transitions.

Astonishing Member

I can't judge Jason without knowing all the facts, but for what I heard until now, he did the one thing his character (Tommy Oliver) would have never do: He gave up.

I can't judge Jason without knowing all the facts, but for what I heard until now, he did the one thing his character (Tommy Oliver) would have never do: He gave up.
    Don't start comparing something serious and sad like this with a fictional character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Happenstance View Post
    Don't start comparing something serious and sad like this with a fictional character.
    Pardon me, but as far as I remember, one of the reasons why Mighty Morphin was so sucessful back then was because the six original actors didn't truly interpretate. The characters of Jason, Trini, Zack, Billy and Kimberly were actually based on the actor's real personas. That also happened with Jason David Frank in his role as Tommy Oliver. So I'm not trying to compare something as sad as this as fiction, but as far as I remember, Tommy Oliver was a reflection of Jason Frank's true persona; so I always saw him as a person who never gave up against obstacles or problems.

Default Moderation warning - Language around a sensitive topic

Let's be careful around this topic and not frame the final moments of people in acute crisis as them giving up.

This type of language (e.g.: "giving up", "taking the easy way out", etc.) only reinforces the idea that people struggling with their mental health are somehow weak, or didn't try hard enough. What is intended as a positive life lesson learned from a beloved celebrity sounds very different in the current context.

People in crisis need help, and finding help is already no easy task due to stigmas, shame, costs, and an overloaded medical support structure. Suicide is the leading cause of death of people between 10-34 years old. Strangers on the internet saying suicidal ideation is tantamount to giving up will not help people in crisis - and it might even contribute to them not seeking help.

We know for a fact how celebrities taking their own life can be the inciting event which pushes other desperate people over the brink, see what happened after Robin Williams passed in 2018.

I don't want to shut down conversation about a serious topic like this, and deny people the opportunity to pay their respects. But if we can't have those conversations without being very mindful of how our words will impact those around us, I have zero issues shutting the thread down.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Extraordinary Member

Well I thought the first issue of the second crossover had a lot of fun moments with just characters hanging out and the mashing of ideas. Can’t wait to see what happens next.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The Cover and Description for FCBD Ranger Academy is out

“It’s time to enroll in a bold new take on the Power Rangers mythology in this Free Comic Day Special! Class is in session for the start of an epic saga that is sure to delight longtime Rangers fans, and provide an excellent jumping-on point for brand new readers.”

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2023/...r-academy-cov/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

That girl on the cover seems to be the franchise's fifth female red ranger (the other four are the villainous Charlie from SPD, Lauren from Super Samurai, Amelia from Cosmic Fury, and Trini who recently took over from Jason as Omega Red Ranger in the comics)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman