Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647 LastLast
    Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Spoilers lol but I'd say all they really have to know is there is a new Green ranger. If they want to know the backstory than they can read the first vol of Go Go. OP did say as little reading as possible to get caught up.
    Last edited by comicstar100; 07-15-2022 at 09:31 AM.

Incredible Member

Thank you all for responding!

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Mighty Morphin vol 1-3 and Power Rangers vol 1-3 in trade will mostly get you caught for the current series.

I do recommend Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Rise of Drakkon and the Shattered Grid trades as well as they are just solid stories.
    I've heard mention of Shattered Grid. Is it new reader friendly if I pick that up as my first PR comic?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Go Go Power Rangers is essential too, as it explains who Matt, the new Green Ranger in Mighty Morphin, is.
    If there's money left over, I'll check that out too.

Astonishing Member

Happy to know the MMPR/TMNT corssover is going to have a sequel. And just like I suspected, this is going to involve Krang and Dimension X.

I can't wait to see what surprises this sequel will bring. I personally think we could have elements from posterior seasons onf Mighty Morphin. I mean:

+ Tor the Shuttlezord is literally a giant Zord based on a turtle.

+ Ninjor and the Ninjazords could find good partners on the Turtles.

Extraordinary Member

Discover the Highly-Anticipated Return of the Bestselling Comic Book Event Series in December 2022
    BOOM! Studios, under license by Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS), announced a brand new creative team for the launch of the RECHARGED era of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers! Rising star writer Melissa Flores (Power Rangers, The Dead Lucky) and artist Simona Di Gianfelice (All-New Firefly) reunite all of your favorite Rangers, recharged and ready for a bold new direction for your favorite Teenagers With Attitude that begins right here this October 2022.

The CHARGE TO 100 brought everything together in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #100, now discover the bold new future for the bestselling franchise in the RECHARGED era as the Rangers reunite to tackle new challenges and face new threats.

Why does Adam have a duplicate of Tommy's power coin?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I cant believe we're already getting to 100 issues. This has been one of the best "reboots/revivals" we've had.

I do wonder if they will ever bite the bullet and have them transition to Zeo or do something to progress to the point of a potential C2D.

Really hope we're able to see some of these stories adapted to a tv show or animated series/movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I cant believe we're already getting to 100 issues. This has been one of the best "reboots/revivals" we've had.

I do wonder if they will ever bite the bullet and have them transition to Zeo or do something to progress to the point of a potential C2D.

Really hope we're able to see some of these stories adapted to a tv show or animated series/movie.
    I doubt they ever make a permanent switch to Zeo. I feel like we could get Trey as Gold show up though.

Anyone else enjoy the Forever Pink moment from last issue?

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Anyone else enjoy the Forever Pink moment from last issue?
    And the return to the shattered grid storyline that revived public interest in the rangers. Also the nod to how the mighty morphin team didn't have a name while the other teams did, and then the last panel shows the name that they would get in the future. It was a nice touch.

On a side note, is it only Tommy and Billy who are missing their memories of shattered grid now?

Yeah. Matt, Adam, Rocky and Aisha never had any memory of it in the first place as they weren't rangers yet, and the other four now remember.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Do we know if the MMPR Deluxe hardbacks will ever get reprints? I'm always tempted to buy the ones still in stock but I don't want to be stuck with a big gap at the beginning of my collection. I know we had that Kickstarter for the special editions but those were just way too expensive.

A new comic has been announced, Ranger Academy. Launches on FCBD.
    https://freecomicbookday.com/Article/265218

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A new comic has been announced, Ranger Academy. Launches on FCBD.
    https://freecomicbookday.com/Article/265218
    Maybe it's Grace and her Promethea company making a team of Rangers, kind of like how Matt as Green Ranger was created?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Who knows. We have no info other than creative team so far. It could be connected to the 30th anniversary TV special, in which Adam and Aisha will be working with something called SPA, which based on it's logo is connected to Space Patrol Delta. SPD's mythos does include an academy (and the season was set in 2025, so it makes sense that it would exist already in 2023).

I guess Boom should add a dedication to the next issue that hasn't gone to press yet - to Jason David Frank, Tommy's actor, who committed suicide yesterday.