Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers

Mighty Member

Default Transformers

I can’t seem to find a transformers thread so I decided to make one this covers every version of the franchise like the comics from every publisher and every tv show and movie as well as the video games

Like the Marvel comics,dreamwave comics,and idw comics but other publishers are included too even manga.

I loved the old IDW continuity but from I've heard of the new one it's very slow and/or not very good and the art is all over the map. I've heard good things about Transformers: Galaxies spin-off anthology series though. Maybe when I get some money that I can spend on comics I'll buy them in trade.

I'm planning to buy Transformers/Terminator cross over more out of morbid curiosity than anything but it does seem like they're trying to do a different take on both series.

I had little interest in Regeneration One and was wishing it would end by #87, and reading Transformers' 84 #0 was one the most badly written fanservice pander cynical cash grabs that I've ever read and so I have no interest in reading a "prequel/side story" to the Marvel US series especially when much of the side stories were better written back in the day by Marvel UK stories by Furman and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    I loved the old IDW continuity but from I've heard of the new one it's very slow and/or not very good and the art is all over the map. I've heard good things about Transformers: Galaxies spin-off anthology series though. Maybe when I get some money that I can spend on comics I'll buy them in trade.

I'm planning to buy Transformers/Terminator cross over more out of morbid curiosity than anything but it does seem like they're trying to do a different take on both series.

I had little interest in Regeneration One and was wishing it would end by #87, and reading Transformers' 84 #0 was one the most badly written fanservice pander cynical cash grabs that I've ever read and so I have no interest in reading a "prequel/side story" to the Marvel US series especially when much of the side stories were better written back in the day by Marvel UK stories by Furman and others.
    I binged the the entire new series over the weekend, it's something of a slow burn but I'm enjoying this extended look at Cybertron pre-War. The art definitely varies between looking like a fan-drawn art submission and actually pretty good.

Galaxies has been fun.

Ultimate Member

God I miss the old canon.

The new stuff I'm reserving judgment on, but without functionalism, Megatron becomes a one note villain, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

The new stuff I'm reserving judgment on, but without functionalism, Megatron becomes a one note villain, IMO
    I'm not reading the new comic, but isn't he still fighting for the lower class and the working class of Cybertron?

Mighty Member

I mean he is still fighting for the lower class of cybertron but is slowly becoming more corrupt

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not reading the new comic, but isn't he still fighting for the lower class and the working class of Cybertron?
    Not really in the same way as in the previous canon. He's more leading a social movement against restrictions and rations put in the place on the populace after a previous war.

Ultimate Member

Question about the Decepticon Justice Division arc in More than meets the Eye.

Was it ever explained how the DJD knew to find Megatron and all at Necroworld? It was implied that Getaway tipped them off, but he didn't.

So how'd they know Megatron would be there?

Question about the Decepticon Justice Division arc in More than meets the Eye.

Was it ever explained how the DJD knew to find Megatron and all at Necroworld? It was implied that Getaway tipped them off, but he didn't.

So how'd they know Megatron would be there?
    They had discovered Necroworld and had learned that many people on the "List" were apparently there. When they learned that Megatron and the Lost Light had been there, they sent the distress signal to the Lost Light to lure them back.

Loved the marvel and dreamwave comics. Idw is ok also other then al hail megatron. (ugh that was awful)

Shame the dreamwave story ended in a cliffhanger. Happy marvel gave us a marvel handbook as well. Kind of surprised they never did a star wars handbook in the 80s.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    They had discovered Necroworld and had learned that many people on the "List" were apparently there. When they learned that Megatron and the Lost Light had been there, they sent the distress signal to the Lost Light to lure them back.
    Ah okay.

Excellent series overall, but I don't think that particular part was well explained :P

Ah okay.

Excellent series overall, but I don't think that particular part was well explained :P
    Yeah MTMTE is something that has to be constantly re-read in order to get everything.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yeah MTMTE is something that has to be constantly re-read in order to get everything.
    Here's the thing, though. I read the issues themselves a few times, and I don't see where that was addressed/implied.

The DJD had passed Necroworld by the first time. And given that the Necrobot didn't actually rescue any 'Cons until after Megatron's visit, they wouldn't really have any reason to go back. Especially when Tarn declared that Megatron was the only name on their list, then.

Roberts is an amazing writer, yes but I think the plotting in that arc just got a little away from him, IMO

Scioli's Transformers vs. G.I Joe series is probably my favorite thing IDW has done with the license.

Great scott!

The next transformers crossover!

[IMG][/IMG]