Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Fair enough. My main reason for wanting to figure out if the minis are canon to the main Boom comics or not is because I'm aware that Pink establishes a fact that would invalidate certain ongoing story threads in the Go Go series (or at least "doom" it to one ultimate outcome, making it hard to be invested in watching it unfold, beyond the fact that it would be an outcome I personally don't want to see happen) if the two comics are supposed to be in the same timeline.
    If you're referring to what I think you are, I honestly can't say one way or the other. Pink! was pretty in-line with the TV show's continuity from what I remember. And without getting spoilery, the way MMPR the comic progressed it ultimately may not matter. At this point I consider it a nice contained story that gives Kim a nice sendoff away from the series.

Regarding Go Go Power Rangers: Back to School out today: I'm usually not to into these anthology style comics, but the Power Rangers have had noticeably good ones and this might be the best yet. This issue is BIG on the warm fuzzies. If you love the Rangers as friends and don't mind a bit of cheese you will enjoy this. But the cheesy bits come in mostly at the end.

With the Rangers individual stories we get several unique and creative takes on each of the Rangers that range from heartwarming to heart-wrenching. I thought Billy's took an unexpected approach to dealing with his theme that I found endearing, and Zack's touches on one of those questions that comes up when you start taking Power Rangers a little more seriously than was originally intended.

Definite recommend.
    Last edited by ariwl1; 09-19-2018 at 09:34 AM.