Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Depends on when that tv script was approved.

Filming of the show started in October 2016. Season 2 was around Feb 2017.

Also that show was done in New Zealand.

So unless the comic book and show writers talked to each other-it's possible that both having the same idea was by accident.
    Crazy. It's like the stars aligned or something.

Funny how one (coincidental) idea can result in such wildly different outcomes.
    Last edited by ariwl1; 09-03-2018 at 08:56 AM.

Want to buy animated version of Boom's comics please.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Preview for Soul of the Dragon

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/09/...view-exclusive

Hey look, he uses the master morpher here too

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

Whoa, did not know this was a thing. Kind of cool, but they're still riding Tommy? Geez.

Also the whole "there was no communication between the SNS Aniversary episode and the comics" doesn't seem to add up now.
    Last edited by Sain; 09-15-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Hmm...I'm getting Blade Runner vibes.

Recently got into the Boom! Studios comics via trade waiting (I'm one of those people who never really had a history with the franchise until seeing and loving the 2017 movie). I know enough to know that the two series -- Mighty Morphin and prequel Go Go both feed into the Shattered Grid event. Is there a specific or "best" reading order for these two series in regards to getting to Shattered Grid?

On a related note, do we know if the Pink, Justice League crossover, and upcoming Soul of the Dragon minis are in continuity with MMPR and Go Go, or are they "just" AU stand-alones?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Recently got into the Boom! Studios comics via trade waiting (I'm one of those people who never really had a history with the franchise until seeing and loving the 2017 movie). I know enough to know that the two series -- Mighty Morphin and prequel Go Go both feed into the Shattered Grid event. Is there a specific or "best" reading order for these two series in regards to getting to Shattered Grid?

On a related note, do we know if the Pink, Justice League crossover, and upcoming Soul of the Dragon minis are in continuity with MMPR and Go Go, or are they "just" AU stand-alones?
    As far as we know the pink mini and Justice League Crossover were AU's. Soul of the Dragon isn't out yet so hard to tell, from the ranger danger podcast the writer Kyle Higgins made it sound like it could be in continuity with the tv series but I have a feeling it will wind up an AU as well.

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    As far as we know the pink mini and Justice League Crossover were AU's.
    Is that based on statements by the writers or interpreting the text?

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Soul of the Dragon isn't out yet so hard to tell, from the ranger danger podcast the writer Kyle Higgins made it sound like it could be in continuity with the tv series but I have a feeling it will wind up an AU as well.
    Okay.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Based on how Shattered Grid ended it's kinda hard to say what is canon going forward but they could probably fold both those in if they wanted to.

The Justice League story is pretty hard AU in relationship to the original TV show.

Go Go Power Rangers Back to School Preview

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUL181367

Yeah, the JL teamup doesn't fit TV continuity at all, as the Large Hadron Collider is involved, which didn't exist yet in 1994, and they used the Dinozords against Zedd, who destroyed them on his debut (so it ought to have been the Thunderzords).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    The Justice League story is pretty hard AU in relationship to the original TV show.
    Thought that the whole Boom! Studios output was AU to the original show.

(The message I'm getting is that we don't know for sure if the minis are canon to the main series or not.)
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Thought that the whole Boom! Studios output was AU to the original show.

(The message I'm getting is that we don't know for sure if the minis are canon to the main series or not.)
    The Boom! series is definitely AU to the original show. Between the main MMPR line and Go Go it's different practically from the beginning.

For Boom! the Go Go comics are what happened prior to the main MMPR series starting.

I personally haven't seen any official word that Pink! or the Justice League minis are out of continuity but from where I sit and without getting spoilery:

Justice League could eventually happen but it revolves around a well-known Power Rangers character that hasn't appeared in the MMPR series yet.

Pink! could happen as well. It didn't happen in the show but it easily could have with very little stretching.

The Boom! series is definitely AU to the original show. Between the main MMPR line and Go Go it's different practically from the beginning.
    Yeah, I haven't seen the original TV show, but I did pick up that the MMPR series seemed to assume that the Green Ranger episodes more or less happened as they did in the TV show and Go Go also seemed to assume the same about the original pilot, but that those were the exceptions to the rule (baring Pink's apparently using the later seasons as a springboard).

For Boom! the Go Go comics are what happened prior to the main MMPR series starting.
    That I do understand.

I personally haven't seen any official word that Pink! or the Justice League minis are out of continuity but from where I sit and without getting spoilery:

Justice League could eventually happen but it revolves around a well-known Power Rangers character that hasn't appeared in the MMPR series yet.

Pink! could happen as well. It didn't happen in the show but it easily could have with very little stretching.
    Fair enough. My main reason for wanting to figure out if the minis are canon to the main Boom comics or not is because I'm aware that Pink establishes a fact that would invalidate certain ongoing story threads in the Go Go series (or at least "doom" it to one ultimate outcome, making it hard to be invested in watching it unfold, beyond the fact that it would be an outcome I personally don't want to see happen) if the two comics are supposed to be in the same timeline.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Soul of the Dragon IS supposed to be TV continuity, or at least match up with it. Makes sense that he has the Master Morpher.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Tommy's having issues with his powers? Must be tuesday.