Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    That was my immediate thought. I really do not want these to somehow end up at IDW and certainly do not want them canonically interacting with ROM for goodness sakes.
    I'd be up for another PR/TMNT mash up

Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    I'd be up for another PR/TMNT mash up
    That is something I could get behind. The two biggest driving forces of my childhood enjoyment.

Did anyone make it to a comic shop and snag the Free Comic Book Day MMPR issue? I didn't and I don't know if it'll get released digitally.

I don't think IDW would squander the property, but it's definitely not going to be as good as Boom!'s run imo.

However, the only exposure I have to IDW is the Angel and Spike stuff, but I've read all of them, and that was their biggest property at the time. Let's just say "inconsistent" is an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    That is something I could get behind. The two biggest driving forces of my childhood enjoyment.
    I would buy the s*** out of that. I've heard good things about the Turtles comics. What do you think?

OFF TOPIC:
    Does anyone else miss Hendry Prasteya? He might literally be my favorite artist right now. He goes hard on God Complex as well.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    I don't think IDW would squander the property, but it's definitely not going to be as good as Boom!'s run imo.

However, the only exposure I have to IDW is the Angel and Spike stuff, but I've read all of them, and that was their biggest property at the time. Let's just say "inconsistent" is an understatement.

I would buy the s*** out of that. I've heard good things about the Turtles comics. What do you think?
    I think for the past 80 issues, overall it's been one of the best comics on the stands. It's really awesome to be able to say that about both MMPR and TMNT. It's sister title, TMNT Universe is also very good.

MMPR 27 preview is up. First page answers a question I didn't think to ask and... you'll see.

http://news.tokunation.com/2018/05/1...-preview-52755

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    MMPR 27 preview is up. First page answers a question I didn't think to ask and... you'll see.

http://news.tokunation.com/2018/05/1...-preview-52755
    Damn! That's really clever by Higgins

MMPR 27 continues to be excellence.

spoilers:

After the PSA from Zordon, the rangers get a call from Professor K asking for assistance, Apparently she found a way to maker her rangers immune to the BDC. Jason and Lauren head to Cornith to help, and they had a bonding moment in the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord. A new ship is born.

Trini, Zack and Billy head to Drakkon's home to meet up with the coinless to stage a counterattack. Meanwhile Drakkon broods about his time with the Zeo Rangers. Apparently he spent quite a bit of time with them. Finster 5 says the next Power Transfer is ready and he plans to head to Cornith with some "help".

While not in the issue its said that Kim and Jenn head off to the other dimensions to "Get help!"

Issue ends with Drakkon in a new form (dude is Frieza or a Saiyan at this point)

end of spoilers
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

^spoilers:
    Drakkon's new form incorporates the Zeo Ranger V Red powerset, though the new costume attachments seem inspired by the Gold Ranger.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If you missed it, you can now get the free comic book day PR issue online too.

spoilers:
    It's mainly a recap issue as Zordon goes to some celestial entities who watch over the morphin grid to plead for help from the "Master".

He shows how the current rangers came to be, complete with dialogue from the original show, and how they progressed from there right up to the point where Tommy died. They way he describes them make them seem like they're the best ranger team he's ever formed.

Also Lord Drakkon killed his dimension's Rita Repulsa.

He begs for help from these entities, three humanoid beings (red, yellow, & blue) who are constantly shifting between various iterations of the rangers in those colors, but they turn him down. The rangers will have to make do with what they have.

Also, apparently as a sage Zordon was supposed to ascend and join these entities when he finally passed away, but since he jumped the gun and came to ask for their help that can't happen anymore which gave me a little twinge of sadness I didn't expect.
    end of spoilers

It's not the most knock-your-socks thing you'll ever read, but it's a nice interlude and its free to boot.

spoilers:
    anyone else totes shipping Jason and lauren now?

No? Just me then?
    end of spoilers

If I can't have JasonxTrini I'll take it. (although time/dimension/age implications are off-the-charts confusing).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    spoilers:
    anyone else totes shipping Jason and lauren now?

No? Just me then?
    end of spoilers
    Kinda? Their conversation was probably the highlight of the issue for me.

spoilers:
    Also, bad move on Drakkon's part grabbing Koragg. You just know he's gonna pull out his "honor" crap and screw him over.
    end of spoilers

Never have ive been able to relate to Drakkon on a personal level till now

his slouch is amazing

Slouch/grumpy cat face. Such an every-man.