Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
So I was pumped for the Green Ranger Shredder and read the Power Rangers/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #3 Issue

The issue started out great, middle was bad, the ending...not sure what to say

spoilers:

- Awesome fight between Green Ranger Shredder vs Rita. Loved the scene with Bebop and Rocksteady messing up Rita's Henchmen until Goldar shows up and turns it around. The fight ends in a standstill and as true villains, they decide to work together to eliminate the heroes

- Tommy is in a cage and has a heated discussion with Tyler. Tyler is mad at Tommy for leaving. Tommy was adopted and moved. Tommy said he dropped everything to check on Tyler. (good dialogue for Tommy)

- Turtles Sewer Lair. Turtles and Rangers interacting. Jason isn't happy, Zach enjoys the odd pizza flavors, Billy asking questions about mutagen, Kimberly is worried/peeved with Tommy. Trini asking why Raph is mad all the time

- Zordon detected Morphin Energy signature and the Rangers investigate (ask the turtles to stay behind). Shredder ambushes them and drains their powers unmorphing them. Zordon detects the signatures gone

- EASILY THE WORST PART: The Rangers unmorphed, manage do dodge Shredder's Attacks (scene made no sense) and Casey Jones shows up. Says a few stupid lines, and even lands a hit on Shredder (Scene made even less sense). **Sorry, but a glorified Shredder who is able to move really fast and a lot more durable...everybody should have been meat**

- The Rangers somehow managed to run away out of the jamming range and teleport back. Rita sends a monster to destroy NYC

- At the end the Turtles are holding morphers

end of spoilers

Overall, it was alright.

Good:
- I liked how Shredder was written as a great strategist.
- Good Dialogue with Tommy, Rangers, and Turtles
- Villains Fight in the Beginning

Bad
- Casey Jones
- Shredder Fight vs Heroes made zero sense
- Fights felt rushed

I understand the good guys need to win but there is no way they should have survived that particular encounter.
I don't know how, but the moment I saw Shredder stealing Tommy's Morpher, I was thinking what I saw at the end of the issue was going to happen. Although I have a complaint:

spoilers:
They are giving the Turtles the Morphers according with their colors? I mean, Leo-Blue, Ralph-Red, Donnie-Black, Mikey-Yellow and April-Pink? That's dumbass!!! After seeing how they interact and the abilities they all have, a better way would be this one:

+ Leo-Red: Jason and Leo are both the leaders, they are the ones who practice more the martial arts and they both use the swords.
+ Raph-Yellow: Raph and Trini seem to have bonded quite much, and the Power Daggers match Raph's sais.
+ Donnie-Blue: Donnie is the smart guy, just like Billy; and the Power Lance matches Donnie's Boo Staff.
+ Mikey-Zack: Mikey is the "party dude", similar to Zack; although I don't know if Mickey will know to use the Power Axe.
+ April-Pink: Well, it's quite obvious. Although, to be honest, I wish Splinter would have joined the fight.

Don't you think this matches better?
end of spoilers

And there's another thing worrying me:

spoilers:
How is the Power Coincs going to affect the Turtles? I mean, back in the day, the closest thing that ever happened in the Power Rangers' universe was Doggie Krueger from SPD as the Shadow Ranger. The Power Coins will affect the Turtles in a similar way, giving them a more human look? I can't wait to see it!!
end of spoilers