Retail Price: $3.99
    Writer: Kyle Higgins
    Artist: Hendry Prasetya
    Main Cover: Jamal Campbell
    Connecting Variant Cover: Steve Morris
    Variant Cover 1: Dan Mora
    Variant Cover 2: Miguel Mercado
    Action Figure Variant Cover: Quest Matthews-Martial
    The secret history of the true original Power Rangers divides the Mighty Morphin team, and only Zordon can save them.

Re: Today's issue

spoilers:
    I gotta say, reinterpreting Finster into a mad scientist horror style works so well it's kinda freaky.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Re: Today's issue

spoilers:
    I gotta say, reinterpreting Finster into a mad scientist horror style works so well it's kinda freaky.
    end of spoilers
    Totally works, that ending had a very Silence of the Lambs feel with it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Looked like Doctor Who to me. Monsters disguised as humans... that's exactly the same as the Zygons.

Must say, that comics is truly a decent read.

And that's from someone who never gave a darn about power rangers before, haven't watched any shows or anything. (discovered that book thanks to a buddy of mine, and it took quite a lot perseverance from him for me to give it a chance)

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Must say, that comics is truly a decent read.

And that's from someone who never gave a darn about power rangers before, haven't watched any shows or anything. (discovered that book thanks to a buddy of mine, and it took quite a lot perseverance from him for me to give it a chance)
    Yeah. For a lot of us old school fans the books have been the version of the Rangers we pictured as kids once the show was over which has been fun.
    Last edited by ariwl1; 08-25-2017 at 04:07 PM.

Adaptations as good as this one don't come around very often. I'm lucky enough to have this and IDW's Ninja Turtles.

I know right? I also love the collected editions of TMNT, which just makes it perfect. It looks like the MMPR collection is nice too
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Adaptations as good as this one don't come around very often. I'm lucky enough to have this and IDW's Ninja Turtles.
    Agreed. I've only read the first HC of IDW's Ghostbusters but that's a pretty good adaptation too.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I only realised yesterday that 'Go Go Power Rangers' is coming out, and it looks interesting. Actually, #1 is out already maybe? I hadn't heard anything about this until now, which amazes me...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I only realised yesterday that 'Go Go Power Rangers' is coming out, and it looks interesting. Actually, #1 is out already maybe? I hadn't heard anything about this until now, which amazes me...
    Yeah #1 is out now and I think #2 is out tomorrow.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Agreed and I will add the last several years of Transformers comics to this too. For a late 80s/90s kids this is truly a great comic book reading time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Agreed and I will add the last several years of Transformers comics to this too. For a late 80s/90s kids this is truly a great comic book reading time.
    More than Meets the Eye in particular. It's lost a little something with Lost Light (hint: Milne), but it's still good. I'm not a huge fan of the shared Hasbro universe though, so that's the only TF book I'm reading now. Was reading All 3 before the relaunch.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Yeah #1 is out now and I think #2 is out tomorrow.
    Picked up both 1 and 2 of Go Go.

My LcS owner said he hadn't ordered it because he thought it was a kids book (and kids books don't sell at a store where your average customer is 40) but he got so many requests for it that he ordered both 1 and 2. Happy to pick them up. I like the art style.

I had a LOT of catching up to do with PR, and since it was long ago that I got to read any of it, I just re-read MMPR 1-17 and MMPR/JL 1-4. I'd forgotten how damned good this series really is... Especially the humour in the JL crossover. Although, in issue 15 I found myself thinking, on the first page, well this art is weird. Looked back at the cover and realised that it was a different artist for that issue. No idea why, but I wasn't keen on it haha I haven't re-read the Pink Ranger solo yet, but I probably will eventually.