Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    More than Meets the Eye in particular. It's lost a little something with Lost Light (hint: Milne), but it's still good. I'm not a huge fan of the shared Hasbro universe though, so that's the only TF book I'm reading now. Was reading All 3 before the relaunch.
    Yeah I agree with the shared universe thing. I am still buying most titles, but with a couple of them like Optimus I am either waiting for the $ drop on comixology or one of their sales.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I had a LOT of catching up to do with PR, and since it was long ago that I got to read any of it, I just re-read MMPR 1-17 and MMPR/JL 1-4. I'd forgotten how damned good this series really is... Especially the humour in the JL crossover. Although, in issue 15 I found myself thinking, on the first page, well this art is weird. Looked back at the cover and realised that it was a different artist for that issue. No idea why, but I wasn't keen on it haha I haven't re-read the Pink Ranger solo yet, but I probably will eventually.
    Hope you have read the two annuals to. Some pretty good stories in those.

GoGo#2 continues to be good, although I think I was as confused as Jason and Billy were.

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Hope you have read the two annuals to. Some pretty good stories in those.
    There's a second annual already?

There's a second annual already?
    Dude. It's good. Go read.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Dude. It's good. Go read.
    I will! Must have missed it.

BANNED

I will! Must have missed it.
    In my opinion its even better then the first one.

Oh ye, I read the first annual too. However, for some reason I never got the second annual... I did eBay it a few days ago, but at a higher price
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Amazing Member

Read Go Go #1 and #2 today. Absolutely love it. Love the art, love the personal focus, I think it's great.

Mighty Morphin' sticks with the original 6, right? Those are the only ones I like and I'm thinking about picking up those trades.

Yeah, it's based on season 1, which means original team with Dinozords vs Rita, but modernised to the present day and doing it's own storyline using the conclusion of Green With Evil as the starting point.

I'm interested in picking up the comics. Two questions;

Is everything just about Tommy and Jason, with everyone else just being there?

Whats the difference between Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Go Go Power Rangers? Should I catch up on Mighty before starting Go Go?
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

The main series doesn't focus on Jason, but it is (so far at least) focused to some extent on Tommy. However, it does a good job of focusing on other rangers too, they all get occasional issues where they become the focus. Off the top of my head, Billy and Zack have both had such an issue so far. Go Go goes back to the beginning when they first became Power Rangers, so I presume that you don't need to read anything else first, but I haven't actually read them yet :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, it's based on season 1, which means original team with Dinozords vs Rita, but modernised to the present day and doing it's own storyline using the conclusion of Green With Evil as the starting point.
    Just to add to that: We do get season 2 elements in the Justice league crossover with Lord Zedd as the bad guy and season 3 elements in the Pink mini series.

Quote Originally Posted by Askia View Post
    I'm interested in picking up the comics. Two questions;

Is everything just about Tommy and Jason, with everyone else just being there?

Whats the difference between Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Go Go Power Rangers? Should I catch up on Mighty before starting Go Go?
    Mighty is the main series and came out long before Go Go anyway. So that's the one you should read before anything else. It does a good job of giving everyone time to shine, but it does focus on Tommy, like Enigma said.

There is also the Pink solo, but I can't actually remember what I thought of that...