Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    There is also the Pink solo, but I can't actually remember what I thought of that...
    I liked it well enough. Its nice to have some focus on some of the original rangers acting like rangers even after they left the team. Without giving away to much spoiler it does answers a couple of questions lefter over from the original series and has apperences of several from the original team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    I liked it well enough. Its nice to have some focus on some of the original rangers acting like rangers even after they left the team. Without giving away to much spoiler it does answers a couple of questions lefter over from the original series and has apperences of several from the original team.
    Pink was pretty good. As you said, it a answered some question left from the original series, regarding the time after Kim's departure from the team
    It was very nice to see Kim and the rest of the cast being what they really are, heroes at heart
    It was an enjoyable read, although it has zero relation to the current comic(s) series. Neverthless, I 100% recommend it

I have also read GoGo power rangers, and I am enjoying it a lot I really like how they adress sme of the (very few) things I disliked from the TV series overall, such as the lack of explanation about:
    1- How the Rangers could keep their secret to their parents/family/friends. I never liked how they were almost non-factors in the original series, and seeing how that issue is adressed here felt good
    2- Property Damage/Human casualties: Rangers+Monsters fight every day/week or so, buildings get thrashed non-stop, and no one bats an eye? It felt extremely unreal to me, but this comic adressed that issue quite nicely, to my pleasure

The Series is excellent imo
    It has a very good plot, amazing character development, and a gorgeus art (Trini looks beautiful!! )
    10/10
    Waiting for issue 3

Spoiler:
    The rescued astronauts were being experimented on, by NASADA? That was creepy af tho..

I swear MMPR and GGPR are among the best comics series I read in a while. I thought GGPR would be too much. After all, we already have the main series. Why another one? But it's just so damn well done. It's one of those comics that crams a lot into a short period without feeling rushed. That's real talent. Also love that they're not just rehashing old tv plotlines but instead weaving their own storylines.

Okay I'll stop gushing. But seriously, I look forward to these issues more than anything else every month

I totally agree. Also, the Year One looks absolutely amazing too, which just adds cream to the pile of sugary diabetes inducing cake that is PR
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

BANNED

I am curios:
    I know its been discussed before but what kind of other PR series would you guys want to see?
    I would love a "red" series where we see more of Jasons mission hinted at in Pink.
    Maybe a mini set in the alternative universe expanding on Daken/ the coinsless history could be fun too.

And despite its place in fandom I would really like to see a turbo series. I was never happy about the show but I feel like if its done in the same way and level as the series we have now it might be very entertaining. If they use the TJ lead team we would not have any doubles of characters from the different series either.

I'd like a series based on Zordon's history. Perhaps this has been covered in the TV series', but I'm not up to date with those
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I'd like a series based on Zordon's history. Perhaps this has been covered in the TV series', but I'm not up to date with those
    That could be interesting. It smonly been hinted at and not really showned so far.

Astonishing Member

I'd be up for a story regarding Billy's time after he left for Aquitar with his new love.

I mean he kind of just up and left (due to the real life issues regarding the homphobia aimed at David Yost at the time) from Earth. I mean. Can you imagine it from his point of view? Billy left his friends and family behind etc...

And maybe not as a mini but I'm guessing they'll expand on the Phantom Ranger down the line. He and Ninjor have already appeared after all in the Drakkon timeline and it'd be easy to use him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I'd be up for a story regarding Billy's time after he left for Aquitar with his new love.

I mean he kind of just up and left (due to the real life issues regarding the homphobia aimed at David Yost at the time) from Earth. I mean. Can you imagine it from his point of view? Billy left his friends and family behind etc...

And maybe not as a mini but I'm guessing they'll expand on the Phantom Ranger down the line. He and Ninjor have already appeared after all in the Drakkon timeline and it'd be easy to use him.
    Yeah a "Blue" mini could be fun. After all he is still one of the longest serving rangers to this day and the ranger with the longest tenure with out changing colours at all. And if he is on Aquitar anyway I would enjoy an appereance from the alien rangers too. Maybe they could fight Rito or something.

Yeah if we could actually get some background information on the Phantom Ranger that could be fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Yeah a "Blue" mini could be fun. After all he is still one of the longest serving rangers to this day and the ranger with the longest tenure with out changing colours at all. And if he is on Aquitar anyway I would enjoy an appearance from the alien rangers too. Maybe they could fight Rito or something.
    The fate of Rito Revolto is something that deserves elaboration on. I know the costume was wrecked beyond repair after Zeo, but an in-universe explanation as to why he wasn't present for Dark Specter's big villain team-up would be nice.

Also Scorpina, for the same reason. She was supposed to be Rita's top fighter, but just up and vanished (barring a single episode) once Zedd came into the picture. Maybe she felt he wasn't worth her service and left. Again, I know the real-life reason (US actress couldn't stay).
    Last edited by Myetche; 09-14-2017 at 05:17 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    The fate of Rito Revolto is something that deserves elaboration on. I know the costume was wrecked beyond repair after Zeo, but an in-universe explanation as to why he wasn't present for Dark Specter's big villain team-up would be nice.

Also Scorpina, for the same reason. She was supposed to be Rita's top fighter, but just up and vanished (barring a single episode) once Zedd came into the picture. Maybe she felt he wasn't worth her service and left. Again, I know the real-life reason (US actress couldn't stay).
    Yeah that sounds good too. You are right that no matter what the real world explanation was for these characters then it could be interesting to have some of these answers in the comics. I mean its not like its going against tv lore or anything like that. The characters just disappeared and were never mentioned again so there is plenty of room if a writer wanted to do something with them.

My Lord I love Go Go PR so much. Today's issue is another excellent read.

All-New Member

All-New Member

And another, comparing the Justice League book with MMPR.