Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

MMPR19 was nothing to sneeze at either. What a great comic.

I feel like we are spoilt with PR just now, so much goodness! Except Aftershock, that was an awful comic :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Well, I don't think that'll be followed up on anyway - the chances of a movie sequel are slim at this point unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I feel like we are spoilt with PR just now, so much goodness! Except Aftershock, that was an awful comic :P
    It is amazing how we got two quality ongoings out of MMPR, which is REALLY easy to screw up. Spoilt indeed.

Aftershock...was interesting. I appreciated the movie a lot despite its significant flaws, but the comic seemed confused about which version of the characters it was dealing with. Aside from Trini, characterization-wise I thought I was reading about the Boom Rangers; not the movie ones.

Boom are reprinting the Marvel, Hamilton, and Papercutz comics, plus the Zeo issue Image did.

Also, the franchise logo has been altered slightly, different metallic finish. The Super Ninja Steel logo has had the same adjustment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Boom are reprinting the Marvel, Hamilton, and Papercutz comics, plus the Zeo issue Image did.

Also, the franchise logo has been altered slightly, different metallic finish. The Super Ninja Steel logo has had the same adjustment.
    Thats interesting. However, I have read most of those and I really dont have a need to again. This is going to be something I only buy if I can find it at a big discount.

Go Go Power Rangers #4 is out today and...oh my God. This book. Seriously, this book. My cup runneth over.

- The first sequence was surprising and I wonder where they'll go with it.
    - The action was intense throughout.
    - My jaw actually dropped at the final page.

This might be my favorite title out there right now.

BANNED

Just read the new issue. Man considering how generic the 90s comics were I cant belive how much I am enjoying the current issues. This issue included. Psycho green and a Dark specter mention. Wow.

It was a good issue. Really awesome to see Psycho Green. Thought it was kind of strange spoilers:
    Zordon would send brand new Rangers to the moon right away and three of the five died.
    end of spoilers Just felt kind of rushed to me.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It was a good issue. Really awesome to see Psycho Green. Thought it was kind of strange spoilers:
    Zordon would send brand new Rangers to the moon right away and three of the five died.
    I assumed this was to show that Zordon made lots and lots of mistakes before the current team and just kind of... generally screwed up.

I'm guessing we're going to see the other Psycho rangers? I can't wait for that.

I also guess in this universe that the Dark Specter made them to counter the MMPR team's colors, and that Green died, explaining why they don't have a sixth.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

I dont really think he had much choice. He had to select someone to do it.
    Perhaps the result of that is why he spend more time selecting the current ones and that is why he was more succesful now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I assumed this was to show that Zordon made lots and lots of mistakes before the current team and just kind of... generally screwed up.

I'm guessing we're going to see the other Psycho rangers? I can't wait for that.

I also guess in this universe that the Dark Specter made them to counter the MMPR team's colors, and that Green died, explaining why they don't have a sixth.
    I think its likely we will see more of them yeah. They have said that anything from MMPR to In space is fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    I dont really think he had much choice. He had to select someone to do it.
    Perhaps the result of that is why he spend more time selecting the current ones and that is why he was more succesful now.
    Of course. I don't mean to say the issue was rushed. Just that Zordon really fubarred this one.

Of course. I don't mean to say the issue was rushed. Just that Zordon really fubarred this one.
    Funnily enough, this is similar to the story of Charles Xavier and his FIRST (retcon) ANAD team to Krakoa that got slaughtered. Now Charles made that worse by trying to erase all evidence of their existence whereas Zordon has simply neglected to mention the MMPR team were not the first set of Rangers. Solicits say this news is going to divide the team so it'll be interesting to see where this goes and how they'll respond when Zordon finally gets back.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post

Psycho Pink even had a bow weapon instead of something closer to what Space Pink had.