Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Yea I've seen some promos, as well as the images above. I'm getting hype regardless. I haven't read the Go Go title, so its nice to know it is different enough to where it merits its own series........but still..I want dem Zeo and Space titles lol. Even Ninjastorm.
    The books I'd want to see the most are Time Force (Like many others, it's my favorite season), Mystic Force (A season with SO much squandered potential that BOOM could finally realize) and In Space (One of the best seasons and I could see them doing some interesting psychological stuff with them.)

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    The books I'd want to see the most are Time Force (Like many others, it's my favorite season), Mystic Force (A season with SO much squandered potential that BOOM could finally realize) and In Space (One of the best seasons and I could see them doing some interesting psychological stuff with them.)
    I agree with Time, because it seems like the most obvious of seasons pull. You get a lot of juice from it. So true on Mystic Force, it was also mediocre enough to where the comic can have a fully fleshed out voice of its own. I'm sure the visuals would be exactly how I always wanted MF to evoke.

I also feel like the rescue aspect of LightSpeed would be a sleeper hit and appeal to a wider audience. Kinda like TimeForce.

BANNED

So true on Mystic Force, it was also mediocre enough to where the comic can have a fully fleshed out voice of its own. I'm sure the visuals would be exactly how I always wanted MF to evoke.
    You know BOOM clearly likes their in-jokes and fandom's hatred of Nick, arguably the season's biggest flaw, is well known. I'd kinda love it if Nick never showed up, the characters just occasionally referring to how he'd gone out in a painful and horrible way, but not really caring.

Whether they went that far or not, I really love the rest of the main Mystic Force rangers and this could be their chance to get focus.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

The least liked character i would want to see in this book is Trent if only they had characterised him to be more like his Japanese counterpart Mikota Nakadai Dino Thunder despite featuring Tommy Oliver was mediocre as well. None of the character were as good as the most of the ones from Abaranger.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Regarding different teams having books.. Higgins has mentioned that they have rights to everything from MMPR to "In Space." So it's not out of the realm of possibility that if the book is successful enough (which it is), it'll get to those teams naturally and those casts could take over, Which is how I'd like it to happen.

BANNED

Shattered Grid begins...with the Hyperforce!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2us1...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    The least liked character i would want to see in this book is Trent if only they had characterised him to be more like his Japanese counterpart Mikota Nakadai Dino Thunder despite featuring Tommy Oliver was mediocre as well. None of the character were as good as the most of the ones from Abaranger.
    Haven't gotten around to Abaranger yet, but I think the Dino Thunder, Trent included, had one of the best teams in the series, aided by the fact that like the following season, SPD, it had some of the best acting in the series.

Shattered Grid begins...with the Hyperforce!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2us1...ature=youtu.be

Haven't gotten around to Abaranger yet, but I think the Dino Thunder, Trent included, had one of the best teams in the series, aided by the fact that like the following season, SPD, it had some of the best acting in the series.
    Well if I compare Mikoto Nakadai with Trent Mikoto Nakadai is an absolute beast with his games that puts everyone's life at risk to make life interesting for him and the way he was redeemed was good too. Admittedly I did like Dino Thunder and SPD but just grew to like Super Sentai version more as I felt that they tend to have more going for them maybe except for Time Force and Lightspeed Rescue but those days are over unfortunately. But I am getting annoyed with the increased in toy advertising they tend to make the show less interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Regarding different teams having books.. Higgins has mentioned that they have rights to everything from MMPR to "In Space." So it's not out of the realm of possibility that if the book is successful enough (which it is), it'll get to those teams naturally and those casts could take over, Which is how I'd like it to happen.
    Your info is outdated - Shattered Grid proves that Boom has the rights to the entire franchise, except for the 1995 movie.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

DT has one of the best casts of actors in the entire franchise though. I love Abare Killer, but I like Trent as well. I agree he could have been way better though, he could have had a longer dark streak and cant lie he was the weakest of the actors. The other characters are just fine though, I can't say I've ever wanted characters to be like their Sentai counterparts. Plots yea, but characters, not so much.

DT has one of the best casts of actors in the entire franchise though. I love Abare Killer, but I like Trent as well. I agree he could have been way better though, he could have had a longer dark streak and cant lie he was the weakest of the actors. The other characters are just fine though, I can't say I've ever wanted characters to be like their Sentai counterparts. Plots yea, but characters, not so much.
    Well at least offer a different spin on his the character they were adapting one that has a stronger and more compelling characterisation. They don't have to completely the original character.

The end of Go Go's arc today was pretty satisfying. Without getting into spoilers the antagonist was exceptionally creepy by Power Rangers standards spoilers:
    and I love the way they finally took it down
    end of spoilers.

Also the back-story with Rita and Goldar was intriguing, and the character beats with everyone from the Rangers to Matt to Bulk and Skull poke you right in the feels.

Well at least offer a different spin on his the character they were adapting one that has a stronger and more compelling characterisation. They don't have to completely the original character.
    True as well, maybe they can do more with his art background. When I think about it maybe DT would benefit from a flash forward. Put them in college or even a bit after college.

Is there any series you guys could see take place in a different time in their lives? Other than Pink?

BANNED

But I am getting annoyed with the increased in toy advertising they tend to make the show less interesting.
    Part of the reason I love the Boom Comics and the 2017 movie is because they're telling the kinds of stories with the kind of rich characterization I wish the show still would. I still go back and watch episodes from the older seasons all the time, but with the exception of Dino Charge's first pretty good season, every season in the Neo-Saban era has been garbage, Ninja Steel somehow managing to be worse than Megaforce.

I agree he could have been way better though, he could have had a longer dark streak and cant lie he was the weakest of the actors.
    Funny thing is that despite being the weakest character and actor in the season respectively, if you put Trent and Jeffery Pazarro in nearly any other season (with obvious exceptions like Time Force and SPD), they'd be one of the best characters and actors on the show. Dino Thunder's cast was just that good.

Also, was it just me, or did Pazarro seem a lot more comfortable in the role when Trent was evil?

Is there any series you guys could see take place in a different time in their lives? Other than Pink?
    I'll toss out more later, but I've always wanted to see is the In Space team as adults. The rangers that saved the universe, a team that never lost their powers and a team that, in both a meta sense and in-universe as evident from Leo's reaction to Andros, is beloved by all. Me thinks all of them having fallen from grace 10 years later could be pretty interesting.

Part of the reason I love the Boom Comics and the 2017 movie is because they're telling the kinds of stories with the kind of rich characterization I wish the show still would. I still go back and watch episodes from the older seasons all the time, but with the exception of Dino Charge's first pretty good season, every season in the Neo-Saban era has been garbage, Ninja Steel somehow managing to be worse than Megaforce.
    I was referring to the stuff from Japan which has become less great partly to all the toys they put in the show. The last one with anything good was Go-Busters which lifted some ideas from Power Rangers. I never watched to 2017 movie and have no intention on doing so but my brother who worked in a theater said the characters there talked funny. Inja Steel is worse than Megaforce how could it be worse than Ninninger which put the red hero in the spotlight? The only character who got something out of it was the sixth hero. But that's what you get for trying to adapt ideas from Naruto.

Funny thing is that despite being the weakest character and actor in the season respectively, if you put Trent and Jeffery Pazarro in nearly any other season (with obvious exceptions like Time Force and SPD), they'd be one of the best characters and actors on the show. Dino Thunder's cast was just that good.

Also, was it just me, or did Pazarro seem a lot more comfortable in the role when Trent was evil?
    True as well, maybe they can do more with his art background. When I think about it maybe DT would benefit from a flash forward. Put them in college or even a bit after college.
    If he was I think he should have been portrayed as a power hungry person who had a bad life but sees the errors of his ways as opposed to to being brainwashed. It would have made for a more compelling story.

Incredible Member

I was referring to the stuff from Japan which has become less great partly to all the toys they put in the show. The last one with anything good was Go-Busters which lifted some ideas from Power Rangers.
    I think ToQger, Zyohger, Kyuranger and lupinranger vs patranger all disagree with you there. Even Kyoryuger had some good moments.