Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    MTV News posted some more pics

Well this adds a new level of intrigue. I may be getting older, but I do remember how the Green Ranger mini-series played out in the old show. Being a kids show, it could only do so much. It looks like they're taking things a step further here, having Tommy act as Manchurian Candidate of sorts with the Rangers. It's a more complex story than a typical episode. Comics are a medium that allows that. And I hope this series makes fully use of it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Well this adds a new level of intrigue. I may be getting older, but I do remember how the Green Ranger mini-series played out in the old show. Being a kids show, it could only do so much. It looks like they're taking things a step further here, having Tommy act as Manchurian Candidate of sorts with the Rangers. It's a more complex story than a typical episode. Comics are a medium that allows that. And I hope this series makes fully use of it.
    Pretty much. In the show when Jason destroyed the Sword of Darkness...Tommy was free from Rita's control. But I remember somewhere Kyle Higgins was talking about how he wanted to explore the reasons why Rita chose Tommy to be the Green Ranger...beyond the fact that Tommy was as good a martial artist as Jason. I think the Rita hallucinations might be manifestations Tommy's self doubt coupled with any leftover magic in him.

Also can't wait for Lord Zedd to show up on the scene
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

I wasn't aware of this coming out until recently. I was a huge Power Rangers fan as a kid and I loved Higgins on Batman Beyond.

There isn't really a thread to talk about the Power Rangers comic series so I'm bumping this back up. The series is fantastic and people should really be reading it.

Also the Pink Rangers mini has been excellent, showing off what the Kimberly, Zack, Trini have been up to since they left the team. The main question I have with the mini, Is this still part of the rebooted universe by BOOM or is it a continuation of the show showing what the other Rangers were doing at the time?

Also why couldn't Jason show up in this? My previous question might tie into this one as well depending on what continuity this is based in. Jason not being there is probably my only gripe with the mini since he is my favorite ranger but its only a small gripe. I don't wan to get into spoilers but I will say the mini feels so fresh and familiar. It's a must pick up for any Power Rangers fan.

As for the ongoing series every issue is a delight to read, everything feels like it was ripped right out of the show and placed on the page with a little extra maturity and budget in it. It still has that classic Power Rangers camp with the right amount of realism and depth that was missing from comics (at DC comics) for the past few years. BOOM has been doing incredible work with this series, I'm glad Kyle Higgins is working on this series he is one of my favorite writers out there. I'm loving the depth that these characters are getting that's something that was always missing from the show, you would get occasional glimpses into their lives but you never got too much into their lives.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I've waiting too long. I'm going to my LCS today and picking up as much as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I've waiting too long. I'm going to my LCS today and picking up as much as I can.
    I can't wait to hear your take on it and I hope more people start picking up this series.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I've been reading it since it launched and I'm loving it. It's the comic I most look forward to reading every month. The art is just brilliant and I hope Prasetya stays on it long term. I really like Kyle Higgins too and reading Power Rangers has made me look for more of his stuff. I didn't read the Pink Ranger mini though so I can't pass comment on that.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    There isn't really a thread to talk about the Power Rangers comic series so I'm bumping this back up. The series is fantastic and people should really be reading it.

Also the Pink Rangers mini has been excellent, showing off what the Kimberly, Zack, Trini have been up to since they left the team. The main question I have with the mini, Is this still part of the rebooted universe by BOOM or is it a continuation of the show showing what the other Rangers were doing at the time?

Also why couldn't Jason show up in this? My previous question might tie into this one as well depending on what continuity this is based in. Jason not being there is probably my only gripe with the mini since he is my favorite ranger but its only a small gripe. I don't wan to get into spoilers but I will say the mini feels so fresh and familiar. It's a must pick up for any Power Rangers fan.

As for the ongoing series every issue is a delight to read, everything feels like it was ripped right out of the show and placed on the page with a little extra maturity and budget in it. It still has that classic Power Rangers camp with the right amount of realism and depth that was missing from comics (at DC comics) for the past few years. BOOM has been doing incredible work with this series, I'm glad Kyle Higgins is working on this series he is one of my favorite writers out there. I'm loving the depth that these characters are getting that's something that was always missing from the show, you would get occasional glimpses into their lives but you never got too much into their lives.
    This IS that thread, lol.

Jason's absence from Pink is probably because he already becomes a ranger again later, as Zeo's Gold Ranger. The Pink comic is set after A Different Shade of Pink (when Kim left the team) and before Rangers in Reverse (when the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers were effectively destroyed: they were transformed into kids and then had their power coins destroyed before they were able to undo it) from the TV show's third season: however it is modernised to the present day like the main book.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This IS that thread, lol.

Jason's absence from Pink is probably because he already becomes a ranger again later, as Zeo's Gold Ranger. The Pink comic is set after A Different Shade of Pink (when Kim left the team) and before Rangers in Reverse (when the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers were effectively destroyed: they were transformed into kids and then had their power coins destroyed before they were able to undo it) from the TV show's third season: however it is modernised to the present day like the main book.
    I wasn't sure because there were two of these threads with barely any posts in them.

Well Jason can't be with the Zeo rangers since we see later in the mini that the Mighty Morphin Rangers still use there old costumes and haven't transferred to using ZEO crystals yet.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I've been reading it since it launched and I'm loving it. It's the comic I most look forward to reading every month. The art is just brilliant and I hope Prasetya stays on it long term. I really like Kyle Higgins too and reading Power Rangers has made me look for more of his stuff. I didn't read the Pink Ranger mini though so I can't pass comment on that.
    It's almost over, I recommend picking it up when the finale issue comes out so you can read the whole thing at once.

I can't wait to hear your take on it and I hope more people start picking up this series.
    I'll be sure to report back. How many minis have there been so far? I'm a bit of a completionist. At least ones that tie into the main series. I only see Pink and it sounds like that stands on it's own.
    Last edited by cc008; 12-31-2016 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'll be sure to report back. How many minis have there been so far? I'm a bit of a completionist. At least ones that tie into the main series. I only see Pink and it sounds like that stands on it's own.
    It's only the Pink Ranger mini so far.

I wasn't sure because there were two of these threads with barely any posts in them.

Well Jason can't be with the Zeo rangers since we see later in the mini that the Mighty Morphin Rangers still use there old costumes and haven't transferred to using ZEO crystals yet.
    Yeah, but that is still part of why he wasn't used in Pink - long time fans already know what he was up to since leaving the team... unlike Trini and Zack, who were never seen again. In addition, Jason was the leader, would he take orders from Kim?

It's almost over, I recommend picking it up when the finale issue comes out so you can read the whole thing at once.
    Yeah I might get the trade when it's out. I'm hoping the main series get's an oversized hardcover eventually as well. It's the only Boom title I've ever read though so I've no idea if it's something they're likely to produce.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

BANNED

Long time old school Power Rangers fan here.

Has any of the Power Rangers shows ever had a Brown Ranger or even an Orange ranger?