Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

A very fun action packed issue

spoilers:
    I loved Drakkon's Wayne Brady moment
    end of spoilers
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

A couple issues into Shattered Grid. Damn this is good... Really really good.
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

spoilers:
    I actually had a feel when alternate reality Zack died. It's really rare that alternate universe characters get that sort of emotion out of me.
    end of spoilers

My only criticism: no banter between Drakkon and RJ
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Finally caught up!

Go Go: I'm not diggin' the storyline in Shattered Grid. I'm a bit tired of Matt at this point. And this other Kim is boring me. Her single handily being able to crush the entire team with zero effort is lame. I have no interest in this type of character and the Pink vs Pink is nothing, but a shallow thrill. It also makes Rita look like even more of a joke as she heavily struggles against this team. If Rita sticks around, not sure where the suspense is going to come from. Where Mighty Morphin excels at giving all the characters time, Go Go feels heavily weighted to Kimberley. I find myself fighting not to skim through Go Go as I'm very bored with it.

Mighty Morphin: Really really good. The pacing, the character interactions, the emotions, its all gold. I'm looking forward to the huge united front. The only criticism was how Drakkon escaped. It was way too gift-wrapped in order to move the story forward. That being said, since it happened to the villain, it doesn't bother me that much. I do hope he doesn't have a change of heart, and the build up is more about him giving into rage that all the other Tommy's were loved except for him. My only criticism with the book from start to finish, is that fighting scenes feel very flat. Would be cool to see smaller frames to show moves being done than just action poses.

The New Series: I'm really bummed about Higgins stepping down. Mighty Morphin is so damn good with phenomenal story-telling. After Kimberley's appearance in Go Go and seeing as she is dead center for the first cover of the new writing team, I'm very weary of reading the flagship, post Shattered Grid. I'll probably give the first two issues a try to feel out Bennett to see if I want to stick around. However, I've only watched Mighty Morphin as a kid, so I won't have the nostalgia factor to steady a shaky bridge.
    Last edited by Askia; 06-21-2018 at 09:41 AM.
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

Mighty Member

I missed the free comic of Mighty Morphin on free comic book day but what I heard in spollers that Rita died it that right so how is she still her

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I missed the free comic of Mighty Morphin on free comic book day but what I heard in spollers that Rita died it that right so how is she still her
    It was Rita from Drakkon's dimension.

Anniversary Special is out. Has two MMPR Season 2 stories (one about white ranger Tommy, the other about Adam and Aisha), one for Mystic Force, one for Super Ninja Steel, and one for Space/Lost Galaxy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Anniversary Special is out. Has two MMPR Season 2 stories (one about white ranger Tommy, the other about Adam and Aisha), one for Mystic Force, one for Super Ninja Steel, and one for Space/Lost Galaxy.
    Given how the Astronema story ended, perhaps this gives Andros some interesting backstory when he forms part of the post-Shattered Grid team

The 25th Anniversary special got me interested in reading what is to come, but I'm feeling a bit burnt out with all the side stories and Ranger teams being used in Shattered Grid. Would people agree that after Shattered Grid is a good time to drop the books, or wait an extra couple of months and keep buying?

So Go Go #11 released today and - apart from being really good, to no surprise - it resolves or explains a lot of the Ranger Slayer's backstory. Particularly it explains why she's so deliberately evil, and the reason is so sodding obvious I consider myself blind to have not seen it. Anyway, I like that despite some 'fixes' she's still not suddenly back to being default Kimberly, and we have some idea of why she'll wind up with the oddball team in future Mighty Morphin issues.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

I love the art of this issue....but im disappointed.

spoilers:
    They just couldn't let her be evil could they? SMH gotta be the whole brainwashing shtick all over again....meh
    end of spoilers

Lame Chapter... It felt like a Kimberly fan-fic. I think I'm done with Go Go as I'm just not a fan of Parrott.

That being said, like @The Big G stated, the art is gorgeous. Mora/Angulo is an amazing team!
    Last edited by Askia; 07-04-2018 at 03:18 PM.

spoilers:
    I confess I too was a bit disappointed at it just being brainwashing, tied with time travel and clones as the biggest comic book easy-outs, but I'm still really enjoying this and it does give more insight as to why future Kimberly will be sticking around.
    end of spoilers