Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Finally picked up the issues!
    Still thoroughly enjoying MMPR and GGPR!!

On the Ranger Slayer:

spoilers:

So, because of the responses here, I've been racking my brain trying to think of plausible scenarios in which Kimberly might turn legitimately evil.
    The only one that stuck was Matthew dying and her blaming...everyone. Zordon, the Rangers, Drakkon, Rita - everyone.
    Essentially, she would be some kind of rogue ranger out for vengeance.

...and that's actually kinda badass.

Regardless, I actually wasn't disappointed that it was spell.
    Despite the strong precedence for magic brainwashing in the series with Tommy and Rita, I was still surprised/delighted.
    It made sense to me.
    end of spoilers

On Shattered Grid:

I think Drakkon is awesome and a great villain.
    He's been a lot of fun and I love what they're doing.

But I also feel like we need to start moving on now. Quickly.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

BANNED

Latest issue was'nt very big on action, but we get some nice character moments

spoilers:
    Andros and Karone had an emotional reunion
    The Beast Morpher team made their franchise debut
    Drakkon's body is burning up as he consumes more Ranger energies.
    Drakkon discovers Ranger Slayer is no longer under his influence
    Zordon and Doggy decide to form an alliance with Rita
    end of spoilers

Lot's of fun stuff character-wise this issue.

spoilers:
    Poor Skull...

Yay, Hyper-Force Team is involved!

Grace's group being responsible for Terra Venture was a neat little continuity loop.

That final shot of all the rangers gave me a little adrenaline boost.

Zordon working with Rita...This could be fun.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    calling it now they use the Green Candle to defeat Drakkon
    end of spoilers
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Ooooh, that would be clever!

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Ooooh, that would be clever!
    Higgins set it up too before SG stated when Rita met the Wizard of Deception
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Finally picked up the issues!
    Still thoroughly enjoying MMPR and GGPR!!

On the Ranger Slayer:

spoilers:

So, because of the responses here, I've been racking my brain trying to think of plausible scenarios in which Kimberly might turn legitimately evil.
    The only one that stuck was Matthew dying and her blaming...everyone. Zordon, the Rangers, Drakkon, Rita - everyone.
    Essentially, she would be some kind of rogue ranger out for vengeance.

...and that's actually kinda badass.

Regardless, I actually wasn't disappointed that it was spell.
    Despite the strong precedence for magic brainwashing in the series with Tommy and Rita, I was still surprised/delighted.
    It made sense to me.
    end of spoilers

On Shattered Grid:

I think Drakkon is awesome and a great villain.
    He's been a lot of fun and I love what they're doing.

But I also feel like we need to start moving on now. Quickly.
    Drakkon is okay. I feel Jason would have made a better Drakkon. A leader who was broken by his duty who in turn takes the control from a "limiting" Zordon and instill his version of order to protect a world he feels requires that oppression? I might've enjoyed that more.

While Tommy is the obvious choice for the "evil ranger" concept, I feel Jason would've been a more biting turn. Though the whole White Ranger/Green Ranger blend would've been a clash in design if that was the way they went.

BANNED

Boom Studios now has a tv department

https://deadline.com/2018/07/boom-st...ad-1202428332/

I'm wondering now if Hasbro will lend them PR in the future?

BANNED

Not really comics related, but I found this pretty fun

This is like 90's era mash-up. All of the cheese. I love it. Hope Chun Li gets a ranger outfit too.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Not really comics related, but I found this pretty fun

Damn, that's brutal just looking at the thumbnail. Megazord is totally trashed!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I binged through the new Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series. Generally I've liked it. I had just finished watching the original Zyuranger, and I was left a little disappointed with that show (I really watched that just to see all the footage I missed as a kid).

I have to say Kyle Higgins really seems to have a vision with this franchise. It's a little darker with some aspects of the ongoing arc, but not really a huge jump. He just seems to know his audience I think. The Shattered Grid storyline has been interesting, but I have to say it is a little confusing with all the iterations of the rangers across the years of the franchises. Most characters I don't know, but it is what it is. I've still enjoyed the big picture. I think my favorite issue thus far was #20, which takes on the moon. I thought it was going to be a little boring a couple of pages in, but I was wrong.

The annuals weren't bad, but a lot of the short stories were largely "meh" to me. One regarding Finster was a little haunting. Now moving on to Go Go Power Rangers.

BANNED

The 25th anniversary special will premiere on August 28th, the very date MMPR began airing on Fox Kids

Confirmed to return are Jason David Frank as Tommy, Catherine Sutherland as Kat, and Jason Faunt as Wes (Time Force)

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The 25th anniversary special will premiere on August 28th, the very date MMPR began airing on Fox Kids

Confirmed to return are Jason David Frank as Tommy, Catherine Sutherland as Kat, and Jason Faunt as Wes (Time Force)

Well looks like I'm finally watching an episode of Ninja Steel.

Also comic related I was thinking are we just not following the present day Mighty Morphin team after Shattered Grid? Go Go is the original team but in the past and the main Mighty Morphin title will follow Ranger Slayer's new Hybrid team in Beyond the Grid.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    I binged through the new Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series. Generally I've liked it. I had just finished watching the original Zyuranger, and I was left a little disappointed with that show (I really watched that just to see all the footage I missed as a kid).

I have to say Kyle Higgins really seems to have a vision with this franchise. It's a little darker with some aspects of the ongoing arc, but not really a huge jump. He just seems to know his audience I think. The Shattered Grid storyline has been interesting, but I have to say it is a little confusing with all the iterations of the rangers across the years of the franchises. Most characters I don't know, but it is what it is. I've still enjoyed the big picture. I think my favorite issue thus far was #20, which takes on the moon. I thought it was going to be a little boring a couple of pages in, but I was wrong.

The annuals weren't bad, but a lot of the short stories were largely "meh" to me. One regarding Finster was a little haunting. Now moving on to Go Go Power Rangers.
    I think a missed opprotunity was the end of each issue has a who's who of the Power Rangers team up until Ninja Steel-Beast Morphers so people who are unfamiliar get to see the different incarnations of Rangers. That would have been col to see, especially with different artists handling it.