Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The 25th anniversary special will premiere on August 28th, the very date MMPR began airing on Fox Kids

Confirmed to return are Jason David Frank as Tommy, Catherine Sutherland as Kat, and Jason Faunt as Wes (Time Force)

That's cool Sutherland came back. I think she got out of acting for the most part after Power Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Also comic related I was thinking are we just not following the present day Mighty Morphin team after Shattered Grid? Go Go is the original team but in the past and the main Mighty Morphin title will follow Ranger Slayer's new Hybrid team in Beyond the Grid.
    That appears to be the case. The end of Shattered Grid should explain why we'll be following future Kim and hopefully the fate of MMPR.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

So, I picked up the first trade for the first series and it was really good, however I was looking at everything, and there is like a Pink Ranger mini series and Go Go and I am just wondering if anyone has a reading order for after the first trade?

Also, should I bother getting into this series? Now that Saban is sold, is it going to leave Boom? Just curious.

Thanks!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

MMPR is safe until at least issue 36. After that we don't know what's going on. Hasbro's properties are usually at IDW.

And by the way, show discussion belongs in a different thread in the TV/Film section.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    So, I picked up the first trade for the first series and it was really good, however I was looking at everything, and there is like a Pink Ranger mini series and Go Go and I am just wondering if anyone has a reading order for after the first trade?

Also, should I bother getting into this series? Now that Saban is sold, is it going to leave Boom? Just curious.

Thanks!
    I would definitely recommend keep reading, because although Hasbro bought the series, it doesn't seem to affect Boom''s stories in any way for the time being, plus the quality is so good, it is really worth the read.

As for linear telling. In terms of comic, there is really no one way to read. Each title takes place after a specific key moment in Power Rangers history
    Go Go-takes place after "Day of the Dumpster", and can largely be seen as a prequel to Mighty Morphin and even it's Shattered Grid arc which ties elements into the arc, is mainly a standalone.

The Pink Ranger miniseries takes place after Kim leaves the team in "A Different Shade of Pink, Parts 1-3" and the Mighty Morphin team are off world (presumably saving the Megazords) and is a standalone, explaining a key moment in Kim''s life.

Mighty Morphin is a straight read. The Power Rangers/Justice League comic takes place sometime early in season 2 but isn't defined by canon (they still have Dinozords instead of Thunderzords even though they are fighting Zedd for example).

But the comics each are great read, you can start with any title without being lost or confused.

The main MMPR series starts after Green With Evil, you forgot to mention that.

And JLPR is definitely AU, as yeah, they have the wrong zords. Zedd destroyed the Dinozords in his debut in The Mutiny, so they should definitely have had the Thunderzords. The Justice League roster doesn't match their continuity either (Cyborg is present, but John Stewart didn't serve on the same team as him until the current Snyder run).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

New issue of Go Go is out

my thoughts:

This is so Sad....Alpha play despicito...
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Oh man...Today's Go Go.

I pretty much can't talk about it right now without going full spoilers but a few bits.

The art was really on point this issue. Several scenes really jumped off the page for me.

This is supposed to be the last Shattered Grid issue for Go Go and I'd say it foreshadows pretty strong where it goes next.

And that last scene...The feels...urrrrghhh the feels...

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    I would definitely recommend keep reading, because although Hasbro bought the series, it doesn't seem to affect Boom''s stories in any way for the time being, plus the quality is so good, it is really worth the read.

As for linear telling. In terms of comic, there is really no one way to read. Each title takes place after a specific key moment in Power Rangers history
    Go Go-takes place after "Day of the Dumpster", and can largely be seen as a prequel to Mighty Morphin and even it's Shattered Grid arc which ties elements into the arc, is mainly a standalone.

The Pink Ranger miniseries takes place after Kim leaves the team in "A Different Shade of Pink, Parts 1-3" and the Mighty Morphin team are off world (presumably saving the Megazords) and is a standalone, explaining a key moment in Kim''s life.

Mighty Morphin is a straight read. The Power Rangers/Justice League comic takes place sometime early in season 2 but isn't defined by canon (they still have Dinozords instead of Thunderzords even though they are fighting Zedd for example).

But the comics each are great read, you can start with any title without being lost or confused.
    Hmm, so Go-Go is kinda a prequel to the Mighty Comic then, and the Pink series is kinda a sequel? But I can just read them all at the same time? Just want to make sure haha. I started Pink today, and was going to start Go-Go soon too.

Thanks for the help!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    And that last scene...The feels...urrrrghhh the feels...
    Didn't feel a thing. Matt was being a baby...would have much preferred it if he walked off saying "you're special, I'm not"

Maybe he should've actually said that he knew they were the Power Rangers? The rangers don't know he already knows, and would've probably fessed up had they realised.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Didn't feel a thing. Matt was being a baby...would have much preferred it if he walked off saying "you're special, I'm not"
    Personally I've been reading Matt as his mental health taking a total nosedive since his Rita encounter, so while he's done pretty much nothing right since then and I don't fault the Rangers for not fessing up I see him as not being in clear state of mind at the moment.

Catching up on the MM title, then I'll hit the Go-Go line. I wasn't the fondest of them going down the evil Tommy well, again but that was minor. Was really hoping what they teased with Goldar would be a power upgrade, but brloic clones? ahh, that's very underwhelming. There is already a gang of suit reppetition in this book, which has better reasoning. That is just super lame to me, it's starting to look like a gta cheat code.

Overall I missed reading this, the resistence stuff isn't anything new, but seeing it with a PR filter is kind of sureal (even though there was a bit of it "In Space") and I love how they draw Saba the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post

Thanks!
    MMPR is a straight read like someone said. I got caught up with what series, and then went straight to GGPR. Works out perfectly. There is one thing regarding a certain, alternate someone that doesn't click right away, but it's no big deal. Once you read GGPR it will click.

I wonder if the group in that final scene in the new GGPR could have put it to Matt in a way that was like "Have you ever had a secret that you just couldn't tell anyone no matter what?" They wouldn't directly reveal that they are who the suspected, but maybe give a hint. Of course, maybe it's just too risky and their powers would be donezo. I wonder if that would count as a violation.

So after getting caught up with both main titles, I'm wondering...and I've been wondering this really since the show came on back in the early 90's. Do you think it's a big obstacle for the writers to come up with reasons for the Rangers to have to get out of certain situations when Rita decides to attack Angel Grove? I feel like the writers have done the best they could with this problem. Whether it's getting out of a class, job interview, a family dinner, etc. The group is usually in class when this happens, and since monsters have been attacking the city it seems that there is a community lockdown now which I thought was a smart thing to put into place for the story.

There was one story in one of the annuals that profiled Jason's day where he barely had time to do school, fight monsters, workout, eat, do homework, and a whole assortment of activities. I think Higgins might have even wrote that one. Anyways, I'm surprised that these kids grades aren't going downhill because of what's been happening. Unless Rita only attacks once a week or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    I think a missed opprotunity was the end of each issue has a who's who of the Power Rangers team up until Ninja Steel-Beast Morphers so people who are unfamiliar get to see the different incarnations of Rangers. That would have been col to see, especially with different artists handling it.
    That would have been nice. Because I think I stopped paying attention to anything Power Rangers after Power Rangers in Space, which was in the late 90's.