Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Last time I watched a live episode of Power Rangers I wasn't old enough to drive, but I'm actually heading straight home after work to check out the anniversary episode. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
    Wasn't the rule already broken when future Kim told him?

Anyway say what you will, but after all his ordeal from being kidnap and kinda losing his mind a bit there after, he had the right to know.

P.s. If someone knows the answer please tell me, how would Zordon even know if the last rule was broken?
    The problem here is that the Rangers don't actually know Matt already knows the truth. Had Matt said "I know you're the Power Rangers", they'd have been able to admit it without breaking the rules. But they still think they're hiding it from him.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Wowzers.

Despite feeling that the pacing was a tad rushed, I felt that SG nailed the landing.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Whew, that was a trip. It was a bittersweet but earned ending.

And while I'm not 100% sure, it's heavily implied that spoilers:
    this is the end of the OG Rangers' tour of duty. But as per Jen from Time Force, it's impossible to fix everything completely, which is probably what sparks the crossover team moving forward. I'm glad the the original Rangers will continue on in GoGo for a while yet, but there's still a twinge of sadness to think that their time on stage in the primary comic is done.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    And while I'm not 100% sure, it's heavily implied that spoilers:
    this is the end of the OG Rangers' tour of duty. But as per Jen from Time Force, it's impossible to fix everything completely, which is probably what sparks the crossover team moving forward. I'm glad the the original Rangers will continue on in GoGo for a while yet, but there's still a twinge of sadness to think that their time on stage in the primary comic is done.
    end of spoilers
    It's the main reason why I won't be getting the issues as singles as they come out going forward.

I've watched most of the seasons the new team pulls from (Lost Galaxy and Ninja Storm being the exceptions) so I have an affinity for most of the characters already and am excited for that story, but I can't lie: the original's will always be #1 in my heart.

Shattered Grid #1 wrapped everything up fairly nicely, while leaving the door open for Marguerite Bennett's take on the series. Kyle Higgins really killed it the last two years. I'm going to have to read it again someday all together. The only knock I would put on it is that unless you are really familiar with teams post Mighty Morphin, it gets really confusing to remember a lot of rangers that drop in later. The book feels like we're really supposed to know a lot of different characters from subsequent iterations of the series.

Anyways, I'm definitely curious for the future of Mighty Morhin and Go Go. Sucks that Higgins is gone from the main title, and Dan Mora bounced.

What's hilarious is if you think about it is that Drakkon turned the multiverse into his own personal Coffee Shop AU....
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

I don't know if any of you watched the Power Rangers 25th anniversary episode this week but:

spoilers:
    It was a Shattered Grid homage to the point of being almost shameless:
    - The villain's scheme involves breaking the barriers between dimensions so he can rule them all.
    - The villain's name is Lord Dravon.
    - An evil version of Tommy (a robot in this case) is kidnapping rangers and has to be defeated by the real Tommy.
    - The kidnapped rangers are being used to create an army of robot ranger clones.
    - The present day rangers are helped out by a squad of inter-demensional time traveling rangers, led by a Time Force ranger.
    - Tommy ultimately saves the day in a way that comes maybe a little too conveniently out of nowhere.
    end of spoilers

Ok...maybe it was a little shameless. :P

They tried to pay homage to SG but it failed.

Here's the thing: there's no way that SG could ever be live action.

I think Hasbro should press Toei do an animated series based on the comics.

Imagine instead of a six issue story for SG but a 26 episode season?

I want it so bad

I don't know if any of you watched the Power Rangers 25th anniversary episode this week but:

spoilers:
    It was a Shattered Grid homage to the point of being almost shameless:
    - The villain's scheme involves breaking the barriers between dimensions so he can rule them all.
    - The villain's name is Lord Dravon.
    - An evil version of Tommy (a robot in this case) is kidnapping rangers and has to be defeated by the real Tommy.
    - The kidnapped rangers are being used to create an army of robot ranger clones.
    - The present day rangers are helped out by a squad of inter-demensional time traveling rangers, led by a Time Force ranger.
    - Tommy ultimately saves the day in a way that comes maybe a little too conveniently out of nowhere.
    end of spoilers

Ok...maybe it was a little shameless. :P
    Believe it or not, it's a total coincidence. The TV episode was filmed before most if not all of SG was even written.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Believe it or not, it's a total coincidence. The TV episode was filmed before most if not all of SG was even written.
    You can't be serious..

This wrap-up issue was awesome. Classic cut to new reality where characters are living a life that "isn't theirs" only to eventually snap out of it; we've seen this before but not in the lense of Power Rangers, so it was cool.

So this Beyond the Grid series seems like it will deal with not only the aftermath but also more ranger roulette/team mixing. I'm all for it, but if the cover is any indication, I see Tanya...If we can get a mini-series that spins off of this one I'd be ok with that. 3-6 issue "Yellow" or "Zeo: Ranger II-Yellow" series like "Pink"? Hear my prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Really? That's uncanny to the point of being near unbelievable.

Ultimate Member

Really? That's uncanny to the point of being near unbelievable.
    Depends on when that tv script was approved.

Filming of the show started in October 2016. Season 2 was around Feb 2017.

Also that show was done in New Zealand.

So unless the comic book and show writers talked to each other-it's possible that both having the same idea was by accident.

Not gunna like the whole House of M (or in this case "D") world through me for a trip

While for from original in the world of comic heroes, SG was a wonderful story for the PR franchise