Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I prefer Green light years over White. He was the villain/anti-hero. More like the Wolverine of the Power Rangers. The major problem with White was that the entire spotlight was on him. The show should have been called "Tommy featuring the Power Rangers." All other rangers became side kicks and the show felt so stale. I also preferred Green's Costume and Zord more.

That being said (although I'm pretty sure I'm not getting my wish) I personally hope Dakken is the new Green Ranger. It just fits better. His costume is modern vs the others which are classic. Let him be a wild card like Abarekiller.

The high probability is an all new ranger tagging along with this team.

I loved the power rangers show as a kid. Watched it until the white ranger then kind of stopped. My friend has a ton of power rangers comics that he said I could have. He got them in a large bulk deal but never read them and has no interest in them I saw there was power rangers and go go power rangers. Are the two series linked? Which one should I start with? Are there other rangers comics? Thanks in advance for the help
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I loved the power rangers show as a kid. Watched it until the white ranger then kind of stopped. My friend has a ton of power rangers comics that he said I could have. He got them in a large bulk deal but never read them and has no interest in them I saw there was power rangers and go go power rangers. Are the two series linked? Which one should I start with? Are there other rangers comics? Thanks in advance for the help
    The two kinds of interlinked, but you can read it separately. I recommend you to read Go Go Power Rangers if you liked sentai and power rangers. It has the story that made the sentai lover pleased because of the character-focused drama, but without the bullshit that made sentai boring like the forced triangle love romance. It's terrific, mixing western and eastern type of story. Not to mention Dan Mora is killing with the art. For Mighty Morphin Power Ranger, it's not as good as Go Go Power Rangers, but it read like a usual superhero team, and it introduced Lord Drakkon!! The coolest villain in Power Rangers that only came from people with superhero knowledge (not that we never saw it in Japanese show, but rarely in super sentai (power rangers))

So if you want to start, start with Go Go Power Rangers then Mighty Morphin.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I prefer Green light years over White. He was the villain/anti-hero. More like the Wolverine of the Power Rangers. The major problem with White was that the entire spotlight was on him. The show should have been called "Tommy featuring the Power Rangers." All other rangers became side kicks and the show felt so stale. I also preferred Green's Costume and Zord more.
    The spotlight was already on Tommy since Season 2 when the crisis over his powers fading and Zedd specifically targetting him became the dominant storyline of the show.

Party because the Jason, Zack and Trini actors had abruptly left shortly after Tommy became the White Ranger replaced by stand ins and then later new characters we knew little about meant the remaining rangers including Tommy had to carry the show but I don't think it was the Tommy show anymore. Due to his footage being Dairanger he often sat out the important battles to deal with Goldar and the putties. It's also why I'm baffled people are so down on the idea of Rocky being a replacement for Jason. Granted he was never supposed to be the leader that Jason was handpicked to be but in so much as Power Rangers had a field leader (if an episode was about a specific ranger they usually took charge) but Rocky did lead the team in battle most times when Tommy was off fighting Goldar.

And in the Thunder Megazord.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This is now confirmed, Mighty Morphin #1 was just announced.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/boom...hty-morphin-1/
    Waitaminute, seven active duty rangers all at one once? What kind of Megazord combination is that suppoed to create? A Mega Dragon Tigerzord? Or a Mega Tiger Dragonzord? Or a Mega Dragon Tiger Megazord?

Maybe the new Green Ranger will have Tor the Shuttlezord as his Thunderzord? It had no specific pilot in the show, and the previous carrier zord Titanus doesn't seem to exist in the comics, so maybe unpiloted zords aren't a thing in this continuity.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    The two kinds of interlinked, but you can read it separately. I recommend you to read Go Go Power Rangers if you liked sentai and power rangers. It has the story that made the sentai lover pleased because of the character-focused drama, but without the bullshit that made sentai boring like the forced triangle love romance. It's terrific, mixing western and eastern type of story. Not to mention Dan Mora is killing with the art. For Mighty Morphin Power Ranger, it's not as good as Go Go Power Rangers, but it read like a usual superhero team, and it introduced Lord Drakkon!! The coolest villain in Power Rangers that only came from people with superhero knowledge (not that we never saw it in Japanese show, but rarely in super sentai (power rangers))

That's weird. Everyone else talked about Jetman's love triangle as though it was the best thing ever.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I just read issue #55

The New Green Ranger makes his debut and what an entrance. Although we don't see his identity, Boom is really trying hard to show readers that its Drakkon. As much as I want it to be, I highly doubt thats the case. I still think its Matt which is a lame idea. How would Matt be able to kick the crap out of Zed like that? I also really don't want another ranger along for the ride.

Drakkon on the other hand has the most experience using the power, an extremely skilled warrior, I like the idea of an older person taking the mantle, and finally, Drakkon is a complete wild card. An older version of yourself mentally trying to corrupt you, he'll attack your enemies for now but how long can your allies keep him contained? Once he breaks free, it'll be trouble worse than Zed. Drakkon as the Green Ranger...the stories just write themselves.

Incredible Member

I'm starting the comics, reading the pink miniseries now
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post

Both titles are damn good.....but I enjoy Mighty PR more than Go go PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I just read issue #55

The New Green Ranger makes his debut and what an entrance. Although we don't see his identity, Boom is really trying hard to show readers that its Drakkon. As much as I want it to be, I highly doubt thats the case. I still think its Matt which is a lame idea. How would Matt be able to kick the crap out of Zed like that? I also really don't want another ranger along for the ride.

Drakkon on the other hand has the most experience using the power, an extremely skilled warrior, I like the idea of an older person taking the mantle, and finally, Drakkon is a complete wild card. An older version of yourself mentally trying to corrupt you, he'll attack your enemies for now but how long can your allies keep him contained? Once he breaks free, it'll be trouble worse than Zed. Drakkon as the Green Ranger...the stories just write themselves.
    If you've read the two subsequent issues, Mighty Morphin #1 and Power Rangers #1, you can clearly see that Green Ranger isn't Drakkon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If you've read the two subsequent issues, Mighty Morphin #1 and Power Rangers #1, you can clearly see that Green Ranger isn't Drakkon.
    I thought #55 made it pretty clear that it wasn't Drakkon, but yes, the new #1's seal the deal. That said, I'll bet good money that the new Green is powered by Drakkon's coin. That conversation Grace had with him in #55 screams it. She needed something from him. And now there are intact Green Ranger powers running around.

I think making New Green's identity a mystery is a huge mistake, and a gimmick to boost sales on the relaunch. There is almost no way that the identity reveal isn't a huge disappointment.

Mighty Member

Hate to post right after myself, but has anyone seen the new solicits yet? Did Boom really just spoil that on the cover? When the solicit text promises a last page reveal? Why?

This relaunch continues to be an absolute $^!*show.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Hate to post right after myself, but has anyone seen the new solicits yet? Did Boom really just spoil that on the cover? When the solicit text promises a last page reveal? Why?

This relaunch continues to be an absolute $^!*show.
    Evidently someone at Diamond leaked the cover with the reveal on accident.