Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Preview of #12 is out.
    spoilers:
    FALCONZORD!
    end of spoilers
    http://www.cbr.com/mighty-morphin-po...usive-preview/

I am loving the humour in the JL/MMPR crossover, both issues have had chuckles, but both have also had a moment where I had to stop and calm down :P
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

I just read the Pink solo. It was good, but it wasn't amazing, definitely not as good as the main series. On the plus side, the main #1 cover is one of my favourite comic book covers and will be going on display at some point.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Preview of #12 is out.
    spoilers:
    FALCONZORD!
    end of spoilers
    http://www.cbr.com/mighty-morphin-po...usive-preview/
    Nice. This is a great preview for the upcoming issue.

#12 Overall is a back-story exposition dump of the alternate timeline. Cameos abound

spoilers:
    So in this universe, Tommy became the green ranger the same as the regular canon, but when the Rangers freed him he went back to Rita of his own volition. I hope they explore that more. It's kinda weird that Earth would eventually be won over by Rita's rule rather than total conquest, but we'll see.

Other interesting points:
    - In regular time, the scene of Billy and Tommy's parents speaking was touching.
    - Jason was chosen to become the white ranger, but Tommy interrupted the process, took the power for himself, and it's implied he killed Jason.
    - Zords galore.
    - The Alien Rangers came to help!
    - Lots of classic monster appearances.
    - The final shot is of a portion of the resistance team, which I believe includes Trini, Bulk, and Aisha!
    end of spoilers

We also saw spoilers:
    Ninjor... and the Phantom Ranger! Yes, it seems Boom are allowed to use Power Rangers Turbo.
    end of spoilers

We also saw spoilers:
    Ninjor... and the Phantom Ranger! Yes, it seems Boom are allowed to use Power Rangers Turbo.
    end of spoilers
    Higgins said in an interview they're allowed to use up to Power Rangers in Space.. spoilers:
    so that's all Turbo, Zeo, and Mighty Morphin' stuff.
    end of spoilers Which is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Higgins said in an interview they're allowed to use up to Power Rangers in Space.. spoilers:
    I wonder if this series is going to follow it's own story or tie-in/follow what the shows previously died but with a modern twist to them. So far it has a lot of familiar elements but could we see any major shake-ups?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I wonder if this series is going to follow it's own story or tie-in/follow what the shows previously died but with a modern twist to them. So far it has a lot of familiar elements but could we see any major shake-ups?
    I feel like the best way to do it, and the way it is being done, is it's Higgins take and an original story. Much like the TMNT book is its own story.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Things like the introduction of the season 2 and 3 zords, Lord Zedd's arrival, and Tommy's power loss/changeover don't have to happen the same way. The way things are right now, they could bring in the Power Chamber early. That was originally only used in Zeo and Turbo, though I think it's the same room from White Light where Tommy got his new powers. The replacement rangers don't need to happen at all. I certainly don't expect a peace conference, which isn't very realistic for teens, to be the reason for departures if they do eventually bring in the new teens. The idea is to use familiar elements, but tell their own story and lose the camp and reliance on formula (notice how Bulk and Skull are largely relegated to the backup story, only getting decent page time in the main story twice so far - they've also avoided monster sent down, grows, zords brought in, monster destroyed, as was always the way the TV show worked, going for serialisation instead and doing stuff the Zyuranger footage wouldn't allow).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-19-2017 at 10:07 AM.

The whole Zordon era, in other words.

If they do get to Space, I want the comic to really take advantage of the idea that all the villains are supposed to be working together in the name of conquest for Dark Specter, something that the show teased at the start of the season (and before that in Turbo) but never used again until the finale. One issue could have the Rangers dealing with Lord Zedd picking on a helpless planet, the next dealing with Master Vile attacking the Alien Rangers on Aquitar as payback for them humiliating him, and so on.
    Last edited by Myetche; 02-20-2017 at 02:13 AM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Basically, which is fine by me because that's what I watched as a kid.

Things like the introduction of the season 2 and 3 zords, Lord Zedd's arrival, and Tommy's power loss/changeover don't have to happen the same way. The way things are right now, they could bring in the Power Chamber early. That was originally only used in Zeo and Turbo, though I think it's the same room from White Light where Tommy got his new powers. The replacement rangers don't need to happen at all. I certainly don't expect a peace conference, which isn't very realistic for teens, to be the reason for departures if they do eventually bring in the new teens. The idea is to use familiar elements, but tell their own story and lose the camp and reliance on formula (notice how Bulk and Skull are largely relegated to the backup story, only getting decent page time in the main story twice so far - they've also avoided monster sent down, grows, zords brought in, monster destroyed, as was always the way the TV show worked, going for serialisation instead and doing stuff the Zyuranger footage wouldn't allow).
    If the Pink! miniseries is in the same canon as the regular series, it seemed to be that Jason, Trini, and Zack all left the Rangers and were replaced. I don't think it was gone in too much but it seemed to be under the same circumstances. I'm kinda hoping they don't bring in the peace conference and all that for a good long while or at least keep the original squad all involved for a good long while. I really liked Adam after I got used to the switch but I still missed the original three.

BANNED

Now that would make some sense given that the ORIGINAL Power Rangers story ended with Power Rangers In Space.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post

If they do get to Space, I want the comic to really take advantage of the idea that all the villains are supposed to be working together in the name of conquest for Dark Specter, something that the show teased at the start of the season (and before that in Turbo) but never used again until the finale. One issue could have the Rangers dealing with Lord Zedd picking on a helpless planet, the next dealing with Master Vile attacking the Alien Rangers on Aquitar as payback for them humiliating him, and so on.
    Actually that would be interesting to see as we never did see the full expanded fight of the alliance of Evil outside of the final episodes of Power Rangers In Space.