Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    N(ice - Man) britishmixedprotein's Avatar

Boom comics MMPR is the only comic i currently buy in floppy form and have a subscription for . I will try to write down my thoughts on the latest issues when i pick up backlog next week .

I see others enjoyed the MMPR reboot film but i personally found it worse then expected , the characterisation felt off (Jason is a true martial artist and leader not some idiot who get's in car crashes and steals animals wtf?) . I thought Billy's portrayal was the best but no one else felt like Power Rangers to me . That being said Rita was good and far more violent and murderous then she was in the original series which was refreshing and the whole Zordon being a bit of jerk was a decent little change to the mythos i think . I just think my good Friend Jordan (He used to play football at MK dons when i worked there as security) would have done a better job then his wife Naomi Scott did as Kimberely ..the whole goldar being made out of actual Gold was ... ok i guess ?

The final half an hour was average including the Megazord fight (German suplex anyone?) and honestly i've been a life long Comics and Power rangers fan and compared to Marvel ..heck even compared to DC's movies ..the MMPR reboot came off as lazy and boring .

The cameos of the original Pink and Green Rangers JDF and Amy J J got a pop out of me though.

I am 27 so i understand i am not the target demographic but when me and my friend saw the movie a few weeks ago it was a late night showing and the audience was 99% males my age or older i'd gather so i think my opinion is valid .

On the bright side i am loving The Boom series and will write an indepth articale / review on my personal highlights from the run ..most likely next week .

Kindest Regards ,

BritishMixedProtein .
    Formerly BritishMixedwhiskey on these Forums . Love MMA , Tattoos , Comics , Sports , Music and Snooker

Roman Reigns , Derrick Rose , and Ronnie O Sullivan Are Deity's to me . England/India/Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Higgins said in an interview they're allowed to use up to Power Rangers in Space.. spoilers:
    so that's all Turbo, Zeo, and Mighty Morphin' stuff.
    end of spoilers Which is awesome.
    Would you mind pointing me to it please? I just mentioned that over at Rangerboard and someone replied asking for proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Would you mind pointing me to it please? I just mentioned that over at Rangerboard and someone replied asking for proof.
    lol, yeah give me a minute to find it.

Okay so not Higgins, but the editors said it:

The "Mighty Morphin" canon extends from Season 1 up through "In Space." That's our sandbox. It's all fair game. There is still so much more that happens to these characters and this world—from new Zords to new Rangers—that we want to explore, but we want to make sure it feels earned and that we've exhausted all we can with the story we're currently telling. Personally, I love the mythology that comes with Zeo. It really cracks open the world and introduces a lot of new and interesting elements to the series, like the new Power Chamber and The Machine Empire, one of the more formidable foes for the Rangers. Also, who wouldn't want to see Hendry draw the Gold Zeo Ranger?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/po.../1100-6447926/

Thanks. It seems quite a few people missed that article for some reason.

It's actually a great interview haha

So much potential, I wish these issues were coming out faster.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I'm surprised no one has been talking about the new Power Ranger series we will be getting.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Spectacular Member

Oh yeah, July we'll see another PR book 'Go Go Power Rangers about the Rangers 1st year or so as Rangers, in between episodes, stuff like that. I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I'm surprised no one has been talking about the new Power Ranger series we will be getting.
    I asked my LCS to add it to my pull list this week. I do like the idea of a "Year One" type book.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Kinda weird that they changed Trini's look for it though. The other four look similar to how they look in the main comic and the TV show.

JL/PR 4 and 5 have been postponed. Now out on May 17 and 31.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kinda weird that they changed Trini's look for it though. The other four look similar to how they look in the main comic and the TV show.

JL/PR 4 and 5 have been postponed. Now out on May 17 and 31.
    Damn, I hate the extra wait time.

Astonishing Member

I love the little cameo of the Phantom Ranger in the Lord Drakkon timeline during the "last battle" before Earth fell in that universe.

I hope they get some mileage out of him eventually.

Mighty Member

So i see Amazon has a solicit for MMPR: the First Year HC but no specifics on what issues. $75 is a bit pricey for the standard 2-3 trades. Any ideas on what might be included?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/16...5&pf_rd_i=4366

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    So i see Amazon has a solicit for MMPR: the First Year HC but no specifics on what issues. $75 is a bit pricey for the standard 2-3 trades. Any ideas on what might be included?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/16...5&pf_rd_i=4366
    Probably issues 0-16 plus the annual. Well worth a hardcover edition of 18 issues of this beauty of a comic series.