Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Axel-In-Charge: Embracing the "Star Wars" Prequels, "Uncanny X-Men's" Killer Lineup

Axel Alonso starts the New Year by talking Marvel's latest launches including "Spider-Man/Deadpool," "Rocket Raccoon and Groot" and "A-Force."

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

I am so sick of comedy books. Give me more stuff like Tom King is writing.

BANNED

Not all GotG members have ongoings, Axel. Ben Grimm and Kitty Pryde -- incidentally, the team's two Jewish members -- don't. It is sad that in a lineup where you constantly brag about diversity there isn't a single title starring a Jewish character who isn't batshit crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny_anonymous View Post
    What's the connection here? The amount of comedy books somehow diminish the amount of books written by King?
    I say give me more comedy books AND more Tom King books. Both are great and even if they weren't, other people might like them.
    Repeat the motto: not everything is for everyone

Well, he has quite a few DC books that you'd probably enjoy if you liked Vision .

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

I'm a bit tired of the trying-too-hard to be funny that's prevalent in marvel right now.

and a Warren Ellis book not sticking to any reasonable release schedule? Say it ain't so!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbrat View Post
    Not all GotG members have ongoings, Axel. Ben Grimm and Kitty Pryde -- incidentally, the team's two Jewish members -- don't. It is sad that in a lineup where you constantly brag about diversity there isn't a single title starring a Jewish character who isn't batshit crazy.
    I think he meant the real guardians, not the Bendis Guardians. Too be fair, I think a kitty pryde solo could work, if she wasn't in space. And i'm sure everyone complaining about the FF getting canned would hop on for a thing book in the first issue, and then never read it again.

Mighty Member

I'm glad we got an update on Karnak. Probably my favorite new book of ANAD

Awwww baby Karnak

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    I think he meant the real guardians, not the Bendis Guardians. Too be fair, I think a kitty pryde solo could work, if she wasn't in space. And i'm sure everyone complaining about the FF getting canned would hop on for a thing book in the first issue, and then never read it again.
    I'm sure either of them would get more readers than Red Wolf or Nightmak and Starbrand.

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    I'm a bit tired of the trying-too-hard to be funny that's prevalent in marvel right now.
    Yes, and it's getting worse and worse with every relaunch.

Marvel plans for 2016? More #1, of course.

Mighty Member

I'm sure either of them would get more readers than Red Wolf or Nightmak and Starbrand.
    Maybe. Maybe not.

But they've both had their time in the spotlight, and are currently being published in a book as opposed to 3 characters who are not featured anywhere. And in regards to Red Wolf, you can call out marvel for not having any solos with jewish characters, but they dedicated an entire book to native americans, a book that is far less under represented so that doesn't seem like a fair point.

Incredible Member

I got the impression he meant the movie Guardians, hence specifying Gamora.

Marvel messed up everything for the sake of diversity and still there are people who are complaining about diversity issues. It's really weird.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    Marvel messed up everything for the sake of diversity and still there are people who are complaining about diversity issues. It's really weird.
    They could do their absolute best, and it still wouldn't be enough.