Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    They could do their absolute best, and it still wouldn't be enough.
    Yeah. There is no "ok, ____ is the correct amount of diversity. We will shutup now." People will always find something to cry about.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    They could do their absolute best, and it still wouldn't be enough.
    I don't know why people want to see Marvel to serve as a model, yeah their politics weren't ahead of the time in the past, but they're just comic writers, not ngo representatives or something like that, right? I'm from a country and nationality that no one gives damn about, but I've never thought something like "uh, why Marvel doesn't have any characters from my nationality", It's pretty dumb in my opinion.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    I don't know why people want to see Marvel to serve as a model, yeah their politics weren't ahead of the time in the past, but they're just comic writers, not ngo representatives or something like that, right? I'm from a country and nationality that no one gives damn about, but I've never thought something like "uh, why Marvel doesn't have any characters from my nationality", It's pretty dumb in my opinion.
    What it's SUPPOSED to be is that Narvel should be "The world outside your window" and being as marvel is based out of America, and moreso, New York, there is a plethora of races and cultures that should be represented to make the world feel authentic.

That being said, I feel it's becoming less about making it the world outside your window and more "Marvel needs to cater to my sensibilities". I'm ok with diversifying the line (In fact, I've really enjoyed how marvel has done it so far), and I know some people really like being represented by characters that "look" like them (which is fine, even though I don't understand it), we don't need everyone to be a pansexual transgendered Asian,hispanic,black, muslim character.

His statement on UXM contradicts almost everything Bunn has said about it.
    Game Over man! Game Over!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbrat View Post
    Not all GotG members have ongoings, Axel. Ben Grimm and Kitty Pryde -- incidentally, the team's two Jewish members -- don't. It is sad that in a lineup where you constantly brag about diversity there isn't a single title starring a Jewish character who isn't batshit crazy.
    Isn't Moon Knight Jewish? I'm also pretty sure the fact that they're Fox controlled characters has a lot more to do with them not having solo books.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Garbledarber View Post
    Isn't Moon Knight Jewish? I'm also pretty sure the fact that they're Fox controlled characters has a lot more to do with them not having solo books.
    I don't see why they would put them on a MCU team then. I don't think a Kitty Pryde and Thing book would sell well anyway though.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbledarber View Post
    let's not spread paranoia or hysterics. that is pure coincidence. nothing more, nothing less.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    let's not spread paranoia or hysterics. that is pure coincidence. nothing more, nothing less.
    Sure, because Thing and Kitty Pride ALWAYS had a solo in the latest 30 years and they stopped having one when FOX get their movie rights…OR they NEVER had a solo in the latest 30 years FOX or not FOX? Mmmm…

Really enjoyed the first issue of Uncanny X-men. It was one of the better X-books to come about after Secret Wars. I think Cullen Bunn's run on Magneto was very underrated. He had a great grasp on the character and I hope he can bring that same energy to other characters like Psylocke, Monet, and Mystique. Mystique, especially, is in need of some depth. She hasn't had any real character development since Brian K. Vaughn's run on her solo series. Given how Jennifer Lawrence has raised her profile, she deserves a little something extra. I hope Bunn can deliver just that with his series.

Loved the preview for the Scarlet Witch series too. I'm enjoying that as well. It's refreshing to see a story that doesn't revolve around Wanda going crazy and misusing her powers.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Mighty Member

I think you meant Brian Michael Bendis friend, lol.

I was actually really excited for this book until I found out Greg Land was on art. I can not read a book with his art. Theres a panel in the third or fourth issue of his battleworld future imperfect book that completely turned me off to his art forever. It's seriously really really bad.

Scarlet Witch looks TOTALLY not movie-like.....

Mighty Member

that's probably a good thing...

Amazing Member

Are these still the right threads to ask Axel Alonso questions? Sorry, it's just been a while since I've been here.

If it is, I'd like to know that now they're doing prequel era comics, can Noelle Stevenson write a Zam Wesell series?

EDIT: Aaargh, tunnel vision.
    Last edited by alientraveller; 01-09-2016 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    I'm a bit tired of the trying-too-hard to be funny that's prevalent in marvel right now.
    I agree, I don't have a problem with diverse types of titles or more comedy books, but it's beginning to be a bit too much. In my opinion it's ruined already cool teams and characters like GotG and Deadpool, who in the past I enjoyed more as darker interpretations.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny View Post
    Yes, and it's getting worse and worse with every relaunch.

Marvel plans for 2016? More #1, of course.
    Agreed.
    Formerly the guy with the Black Panther picture

Quote Originally Posted by penthotal View Post
    Sure, because Thing and Kitty Pride ALWAYS had a solo in the latest 30 years and they stopped having one when FOX get their movie rights…OR they NEVER had a solo in the latest 30 years FOX or not FOX? Mmmm…
    A walking tree that only says one word has a solo these days....................................