Default Duncan MacLeod vs Peter Pan

TV feats only for Duncan. Robin Williams version of Peter Pan.

Duncan. I am a huge fan of the Hightlander TV Series and I watched it quite a few times. I give the fight to Duncan.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Pan has the advantage of flight, but I doubt he has the sheer skill in battle that Duncan is supposed to have. Since they are both armed with swords, Pan can't just hover above forever, he'll have to get in close. I also doubt Pan's got the skill to land the decapitation blow mid-battle, and that's the only thing keeping Duncan down. Pan's wounds will keep stacking even if he is skilled enough to fend off Duncan for a bit, while any damage Pan does to Duncan will keep vanishing in seconds. Possibly Pan could get lucky and manage to grab Duncan in a full nelson, fly as high as he can, and drop Duncan from a great height, hoping he causes sufficient neck damage to count as a sever. But I don't see that happening; Duncan's not much of a grappler, but in the arena, it's not like Pan will have any environment obstacles to take care of to sneak up behind.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 01-10-2016 at 03:39 AM.

BANNED

well, he doesn't exatly need to land a decapitation blow. A simple stab to the heart or slash of the throat or any injury that would incapacitate a normal human will put an Immortal out of the fight even if it won't kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    well, he doesn't exatly need to land a decapitation blow. A simple stab to the heart or slash of the throat or any injury that would incapacitate a normal human will put an Immortal out of the fight even if it won't kill him.
    Oh yeah. Well it would only be temporary though. Always seemed random the time between regens. I guess a sky drop would be enough for a ten count.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Oh yeah. Well it would only be temporary though. Always seemed random the time between regens. I guess a sky drop would be enough for a ten count.
    Temporary is long enough for Rumbles.
    It's also long enough to chop off his head. Various people used these methods to hunt Immortals in the series, including a group of mortals with ordinairy guns.

Temporary is long enough for Rumbles.
    It's also long enough to chop off his head. Various people used these methods to hunt Immortals in the series, including a group of mortals with ordinairy guns.
    True. Even still in this case I don't think Pan has the skill to win.

Immortals aren't common knowledge, so it would be trial and error to figure out to decapitate Duncan. He has a slight advantage in being able to "absorb" a death and surprise who he's fighting by still living.

Duncan has revived from fatal wounds in hours, minutes, seconds, or walked through them. Since we're going by high end feats, you'd probably have to go with "under ten seconds" for his revival time.

Duncan has killed hundreds of skilled swordsmen in battle, I'm not seeing how Pan is overcoming that with 'flight' (would he have that considering Tinkerbell isn't in this match?).

Quote Originally Posted by Holacik View Post
    Duncan has killed hundreds of skilled swordsmen in battle, I'm not seeing how Pan is overcoming that with 'flight' (would he have that considering Tinkerbell isn't in this match?).
    In looking back over the movie, is Peter Pan even using a saber? Or is that a foil or epee aka a thrusting weapon? It would be almost impossible to decapitate somebody with that. And, honestly, the fights look, well, far less impressive looking back on them now. I think Duncan MacLeod has this.
    Power with Girl is better.

Mighty Member

I would say Pan's sword is more of a cutlass than anything else, perhaps a cross between a cutlass and a gladius or xiphos. It could be an odd, really thick, double edged, cup hilted spadroon. Really it doesn't seem to match any historical sword, but I would say the blade has elements of a gladius or xiphos and a backsword, while the hilt is more cutlass-like. Certainly not a foil or épée (except insofar as épée is French for sword). The blade is far too broad for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    In looking back over the movie, is Peter Pan even using a saber? Or is that a foil or epee aka a thrusting weapon? It would be almost impossible to decapitate somebody with that. And, honestly, the fights look, well, far less impressive looking back on them now. I think Duncan MacLeod has this.
    Yeah, this seems like a stomp for Duncan really.

BANNED

Again, you don't have to decapitate him.
    Anything that will kill/incapacitate a human will work on an Immortal. Not for very long, but long enough.

Again, you don't have to decapitate him.
    Anything that will kill/incapacitate a human will work on an Immortal. Not for very long, but long enough.
    Back in 1991, I went absolutely crazy over that movie. But, looking back at the fights now, they seem more like your typical stage play fights. The Highlander fights are just massively faster moving and more impressive. Duncan is simply faster and his movements more "economical" and precise based on what we actually see on-screen.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Back in 1991, I went absolutely crazy over that movie. But, looking back at the fights now, they seem more like your typical stage play fights. The Highlander fights are just massively faster moving and more impressive. Duncan is simply faster and his movements more "economical" and precise based on what we actually see on-screen.
    Well, I haven't seen Peter Pan, so I can't compare them.
    All I'm saying is that you don't need to take his head to score a 'win'.