Amazing Member

Default My Comic Backlog

Hello everyone. Starting with 2016 and beyond my goal is to work through my massive comic book backlog. I've amassed a large amount of comics sitting around that need to be read. My goal here is to compile them all into a list and right about my progress and thoughts as I go along. Hopefully some discussion and this project will help motivate me to get through it. I will try my best to avoid adding more comics to my collection while working through this unless they are to fill in gaps for series already in my backlog. Some of the comics listed below are digital, some are single issue, and some are trade paperbacks or collections of some form. Please keep in mind that I will list the issues compiled within TPB's rather than the name of the TPB itself. After the years for each series I will give the years the series ran then either "com", "inc", "one shot" or "ong" which stand for "complete", "incomplete", "one shot", or "ongoing" respectively so it will be obvious as to how much of a series is in my backlog.

Backlog: 2/4427 (0.04%) of comics read
    Total Time spent: 00:26:07

The backlog itself is so massive that I unfortunately cannot post it here due to character limits. Instead here is a link to it on Google Docs:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by knoll360; 01-09-2016 at 10:28 AM.

Amazing Member

Read my first comic from the backlog. I went for the movie adaptation of the 2002 Spider-Man film starring Tobey Maguire. I chose it since it is a one shot comic so it would be a quick issue to start with before jumping into any longer series. This is the Wal-Mart edition of the issue. I know there is a regular version of the issue as well. This Wal-Mart edition seems to end part way through the story. Can anyone verify if the regular version is longer than 22 pages?

Anyway, as it is it goes from the beginning of the movie up until Spider-Man drops Mary Jane off on a rooftop after his first battle with the Green Goblin at a parade. For the most part the story feels the same except with a lot of the details taken out to fit it into a 22 page comic. It is pretty well written when all things are considered but it just seems weird that it cuts off and doesn't go through the entire film. Especially since the end of the comic advertises the DVD rather than the movie in the theater which makes me assume the movie was already out so it wouldn't have spoiled anything. Oh well, interesting read. The issue says it was written by Stan Lee. I'm not sure how much is actually his writing though as most of the dialogue seems straight from the film with a few minor differences.

I have started clearing my backlogs this year as well!

Current progress:

8 out of 351 = about 3%

if you basically listing what you read you can just use the 1000 books in 2016 thread, it has a regular traffic so there is more conversation (and you can continue the count even after you've read a 1000 books).
    This thread seems a bit redundant to me.