Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Mr. Popo from Dragon Ball Z Abriged.
    I........see.

A long time ago, I came up with a few DBZ vs GLC matchups.

Goku vs Hal
    Gohan vs Kyle
    Piccolo vs John Stewart
    Vegeta vs Guy Gardner

I will add to these with Simon vs Tien, and a total WTF with Krillin vs B'dg.

Pft What Pecking order? We all know Simon is king of Lanterns, Lord Simon will solo your fav.

please don't take this seriously
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Quote Originally Posted by Götterdämmerung View Post
    Ohhh, I didn't think of the pecking order conundrum. That figures. I have my favorites of the GLs, but I'm mostly about the Corps. Without the Corps as a whole I wouldn't find the Green Lantern mythos half as interesting. The whole intergalactic team thing is what powerfully attracts me, I find the idea endlessly interesting and rife with possibilities.

So, I don't favor any one GL too much, though you might guess which one I connected with first, funnily enough in the Animated Series. I liked Hal and Sadom and Kyle and Guy and everyone else later, and of course I love them all now.
    I'm the same - when I first started reading comics it was in Kyle's 'Last GL' years and I liked it well enough, but when we got the Corps back I was really drawn in. Do wish DC would stop ripping it apart!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    It still boggles my mind that DC is still dragging their heels on repairing the fanbase.
    Isn't the source of infighting the basic answer of "Who is the greatest Green Lantern?" How would DC repair this? Or are you referencing something different?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Pft What Pecking order? We all know Simon is king of Lanterns, Lord Simon will solo your fav.

please don't take this seriously
    Lord......Simon?

Is he British?

I thought he was from Detroit.......just like my favorite.

You think you know a character......

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Isn't the source of infighting the basic answer of "Who is the greatest Green Lantern?" How would DC repair this? Or are you referencing something different?
    That is part of it.

What he meant is the folks in charge want Hal to be every GL, be the face of the Corps and be in Justice League.

SCREW the others especially John Stewart. DC pretty much wants John Stewart gone.

A lack of use of Simon.

Still can't figure out what to do with Jessica, Guy & Kyle.

Yet Hal gets everything.

This falls on DC's doorstep.

Many could careless who is the greatest GL. They want this franchise to not be held hostage by one guy because Dan and friends have a love affair with him.

They want it to feature EVERYONE.

If we can have Peter Parker & Miles & Miguel & Peter Porker as Spider-Man

If we can have 4 females going around calling themselves Spider-Woman

And all those fanbase can get along and have multiple books-why can't this one?

Extraordinary Member

I think it comes to inequity in screen time & character development with the cast since Rebirth.

In story, I am cool with the tug of war between Hal & Sinestro.

Writers can easily repair this by spreading the wealth between the cast.

Everyone has something unique they bring to the table. That should be explored more.

These off-the-wall personalities should be shown working together, and saving the universe as a team.

Writers need to show these characters bouncing off each other as equals.

That may ease the deep divide.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That is part of it.

What he meant is the folks in charge want Hal to be every GL, be the face of the Corps and be in Justice League.

SCREW the others especially John Stewart. DC pretty much wants John Stewart gone.

A lack of use of Simon.

Still can't figure out what to do with Jessica, Guy & Kyle.

Yet Hal gets everything.

This falls on DC's doorstep.

Many could careless who is the greatest GL. They want this franchise to not be held hostage by one guy because Dan and friends have a love affair with him.

They want it to feature EVERYONE.

If we can have Peter Parker & Miles & Miguel & Peter Porker as Spider-Man

If we can have 4 females going around calling themselves Spider-Woman

Thank you both.

It comes from DC's history of playing musical chairs with the Green Lantern solo act, even though the most interesting part of the GL mythos is the Corps, and the idea of having a vast pool of characters. Johns's run, for all the Hal-loving that it gets accused of, did a great deal of world-building, and also elevated the flagship title to A-list status, which in turn made it financially viable to keep multiple ongoing offshoot titles.

And that's what the franchise needs. Under Venditti, the main book is selling under 40K, while titles like Lost Army and Sinestro are hitting the 20K mark. Get a big name writer on the flagship title to bring in new readership. From there, find unique creative directions for the offshoot titles. Instead of just selling a John Stewart book, a Kyle Rayner book, a Guy Gardner book, etc, fit them with creative directions that will give new readers reasons to be interested in those characters. You can take a look at the Batman line, and see how the line has explored a vast array of different genres and concepts using the wealth of characters under that umbrella.

I'm not good with numbers, what is considered good sales? Take Sinestro (since it's my current fave) is 20k good for a 'secondary' character?

Lost Army likely would have sold higher had DC not pulled its variants and then announced its cancellation. That caused the sales on the final issues to really tank. Had DC actually continued to back the series, I estimate it would have stabilized around 25-27,000. I guess DC wants the Corps title to perform better... or they're just going for a new number 1 because they have financial problems. Or perhaps a mixture of both.
    Last edited by Desh; 01-11-2016 at 04:52 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

There are two ways to repair this: 1) enough years with a single GL at the helm that everybody forgets the others or 2) some type of mind-control device that has everybody in agreement regarding a single candidate. IOW, don't expect it to be repaired any time soon.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuxedo Elf View Post
    I'm not good with numbers, what is considered good sales?
    THAT is the gazillion dollar question these days.

The numbers we usually get for those books are what Diamond Distributors reports, and those are only for physical copies order by comic book shops in the U.S. Those numbers don't reflect sales at newsstands (including book stores like Barnes & Noble), don't include overseas sales, or the (possibly) expanding world of digital sales. They can only "guess" what those other numbers would be.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

There have been at least 2 GL titles almost constantly since Rebirth. At one point there was "Sinestro", "Larfleze", "New Guardians," "Red Lanterns" and "GLC."

Kyle is featured in "Omega Men" and John is the lead in "Lost Army" and the upcoming "Edge of Obilvion"

And yet some people will always complain because Hal is the most prominent GL even though he began this iteration of the franchise and don't like him featured in the JLA even though he was a founding member. There's a "Why can't *my* GL get everything Hal has?" attitude as though Hal is holding them back or that it's only Dan Didio and a few editors keeping their character from taking off.

It has been a while since I have read Green Lantern so I don't know but did Laira make an appearance yet? I liked her in the movie but when I wanted to buy the comic to read more about her I was told she was killed off but that was before the reboot I think.