Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Videos!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Excellent thread Idea,

I found this guys channel a couple months ago when I was looking around for more information the Vampirella Archive books as they were on sale for a decent price at cheap-comics.

The videos are very long as he turns through pretty much every page in the book but at the start theres also a comprehensive view of the outside of the book which is super useful. So while its not the most interesting of channel it can really give you an idea of the build of a book and the artwork contained inside.

Theres a huge variety of books on the channel as well, DC, Marvel, IDW, Image, Fantagraphic pretty much everything.

Vampirella Archives 1
    are these Vampirella archives any good or were these basically made for horny teenage boys and occasionally had some decent stories as well?

seems like the Page previews youtube channel has been suspended or terminated. Can't imagine why...bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    seems like the Page previews youtube channel has been suspended or terminated. Can't imagine why...bummer.
    With YT you never know, there is much restrictions going on.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Didn't the guy running the channel flip through every single page of the books he showed at a slow pace? That's kind of beyond simply previewing a bit of a book, so I imagine one publisher or another filed a complaint against his channel based on their own terms for doing so probably written on their site somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    Didn't the guy running the channel flip through every single page of the books he showed at a slow pace? That's kind of beyond simply previewing a bit of a book, so I imagine one publisher or another filed a complaint against his channel based on their own terms for doing so probably written on their site somewhere.
    maybe, not sure, always fast forwarded those parts, checked a few pages and that's it. But even if that's the case, it's just silly, you can't actually read the book or do any harm to the publisher. It's not like an hd video in a perfect angle to read everything.

maybe, not sure, always fast forwarded those parts, checked a few pages and that's it. But even if that's the case, it's just silly, you can't actually read the book or do any harm to the publisher. It's not like an hd video in a perfect angle to read everything.

Spectacular Member

Sure but, as these are comics we're talking about, it's easy to tell what's going on from the artwork alone, which you can see quite clearly in his previews. Whether it in reality harms the publisher or not in any way isn't really relevant when they have guidelines about these sort of things on their websites for the press, booksellers and comic book shop retailers, which more or less similarly apply to YouTubers, I imagine, as in that you're allowed to use images from the book for a specific purpose, such as some sort of review. But there's a big difference between showing off examples of some of the artwork found within the book to make a point during such a review and showing off the whole thing cover to cover. My understanding was that this guy's channel aimed to show off the build quality of the books but that doesn't require going through every single page and, in fact, would be easier explained in a video with commentary. Obviously, though, I don't know what it could be for sure - this is just an educated guess on my part. Never visited the channel that often so, for all I know, the guy never linked to where you could buy each book in the description of his videos or something stupid like that.

Sure but, as these are comics we're talking about, it's easy to tell what's going on from the artwork alone, which you can see quite clearly in his previews. Whether it in reality harms the publisher or not in any way isn't really relevant when they have guidelines about these sort of things on their websites for the press, booksellers and comic book shop retailers, which more or less similarly apply to YouTubers, I imagine, as in that you're allowed to use images from the book for a specific purpose, such as some sort of review. But there's a big difference between showing off examples of some of the artwork found within the book to make a point during such a review and showing off the whole thing cover to cover. My understanding was that this guy's channel aimed to show off the build quality of the books but that doesn't require going through every single page and, in fact, would be easier explained in a video with commentary. Obviously, though, I don't know what it could be for sure - this is just an educated guess on my part. Never visited the channel that often so, for all I know, the guy never linked to where you could buy each book in the description of his videos or something stupid like that.
    you are obviously right, and going by the book he could have been reported to youtube rightfully so, no argument there, but in reality, even though showing 80% of the pages are unnecessary these videos are actually useful and helped me to decide if I want something or not or made me interested in something I thought I won't be, because the publisher didn't make any kind of photos or videos.
    If I would really wanted to go after people who actually cause harm I would look for scann sites and maybe message the Page previews guy to show less, or else.
    But that's just my 2 cents. Hopefully he will return with more videos that fit the rules.

BANNED

wow... amazing collection

Fantastic Member

Hey Guys. Here's my latest video. I review some collected editions I read in the past one or two weeks:

Wolf TPB #1 by Ales Kot & Matt Taylor (Image)
    Invisible Republic TPB #1 by Gabriel Hardman and Corinna Bechko (Image)
    Injection TPB#1 by Warren Ellis and Declan Shalvey (Image)
    Ocean/Orbiter HC Deluxe Editionby Warren Ellis and Chris Sprouse, resp. Warren Ellis and Colleen Doran

Hope you enjoy.

Lexi Alexander talks and defends her Punisher movie. For me it was crap and it's a shame because there is so much more with the character one can show. I still think that version with Dolph I watched like 25 years ago on pirate VHS - if you've had not been born/raised in eastern Europe you won't understand, everything's been pirated - was the best, but I have hope that someday we get proper Punisher show/movie based on Ennis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUe35sIg0FM
    Last edited by lvizzz; 01-31-2016 at 01:26 AM.

I liked it for what it was, over the top violence. The next chance is coming in a month and a half with season 2 of Daredevil. Hopefully they don't get carried away with Punisher after the release though. We all know that skull is more popular than the DD ever will be even when Daredevil is the better character.

Holy ****, all those haircuts!

Amazing Member

I like Nerdventures channel. he does little previews videos, as well

I really like this video, in which a cover for The New Yorker done by Chris Ware is turned into a 3,5 minute animation about a 'parenting error'.