Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default The Fire Lord vs The Black Panther

(I've been reading Priest's BP collections and am in a good mood)

T'Challa of Wakanda vs Zuko of the Fire Nation:
    • Full Gear vs Firebending & Swords
    • Pure Hand to Hand
    • Hunting each other through an unfamiliar forest (starting 1 km apart)
    • They discuss politics/administration
    • They discuss romance/ex-lovers

Does Zuko's fire hit harder than Phoenix Namor?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Nope. But the radiant/thermal energy may be a concern.

I was so hoping this was T'Challa vs Firelord. Combining SMvFL with BP's Herald-busting arm-bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    BP's Herald-busting arm-bar.
    From the writer of that issue...

"Read the scene again and this time pay attention. The Surfer allowed the Panther to "restrain" him in the hope of finding out what the FF was up to. A panel later, the Surfer's assistant blasts the Panther unconscious. The Surfer is irritated because he wanted the Panther to talk, which he thought he might do if the Panther believed he had the upper hand. Most of the people who bitch about this have only seen a scan of one page, or have poor reading comprehension skills."
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

So you're saying Panther is durable enough to take hits from the same guy that did this?
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...gladiator4.jpg

"Read the scene again and this time pay attention. The Surfer allowed the Panther to "restrain" him in the hope of finding out what the FF was up to. A panel later, the Surfer's assistant blasts the Panther unconscious. The Surfer is irritated because he wanted the Panther to talk, which he thought he might do if the Panther believed he had the upper hand. Most of the people who bitch about this have only seen a scan of one page, or have poor reading comprehension skills."
    Why thank you.

I was hitherto completely unaware of this alternative interpretation of the scene, due to my inherent gullibility and penchant for bandwagon-jumping. I also eschew sarcasm at all times.

Dude. I was joking. Lighten up.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'm not sure why you feel it is more palatable that T'Challa was portrayed as dumb enough that he thought he could armbar a class 100+ who could neutralize/annihilate him instantly in a million different ways rather than the author simply not realizing how big the power difference between Surfer and Black Panther is.

[QUOTE=heretic;1714266](I've been reading Priest's BP collections and am in a good mood)

T'Challa of Wakanda vs Zuko of the Fire Nation:[LIST][*]Full Gear vs Firebending & Swords Id say Zuko could evtually burn Tchalla[*]Pure Hand to Hand- BP easy[*]Hunting each other through an unfamiliar forest (starting 1 km apart)- seems to be more of BPs speciality maybe Zuko could smoke him out in a few fights but as a whole BP[*]They discuss politics/administration -[*]They discuss romance/ex-lovers - Zuko doesn't have too much to say seeing how he's only dated two girls

Quote Originally Posted by heretic View Post
    (I've been reading Priest's BP collections and am in a good mood)

T'Challa of Wakanda vs Zuko of the Fire Nation:
    • Full Gear vs Firebending & Swords
    • Pure Hand to Hand
    • Hunting each other through an unfamiliar forest (starting 1 km apart)
    • They discuss politics/administration
    • They discuss romance/ex-lovers
    T'Challa in all scenarios.

Full gear: That gives T'Challa a vibranium micro-weave suit that can go invisible and is resistant to blunt trauma. It also comes with teleportation and an energy shield. His claws are antarctic vibranuim which can cut right through Z's swords and he can throw energy daggers. Its also insulated against lightning.

H2H: Again T'Challa who is stronger and faster and more experienced. Does he still get his suit/habit in this scenario? If so, its unlikely Zuko will hurt him since it has vibranium in it.

Hunting: T'Challa's tracking/hunting skills are on par with Wolverine. He can hear and smell Zuko coming a mile away.

Politics/Administration: T'Challa seems to be the more experienced leader. We didn't see much of Zuko actually being the Firelord. Not to mention that prior to even taking the throne, he was guided by Iroh's wisdom and experience.

Romance/Ex-lovers: T'Challa is a smooth operator. After all he did manage to marry a Goddess! Not to mention the other women who have expressed attraction to him including but not limited to Sue Storm, She-Hulk, Wasp, and Princess Zanda. Zuko ended up with Mai, but only after she tried to attack/hurt him a few times.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Which era Zuko is it? Because the current Zuko has been Firelord for decades, and helped revolutionize the world as a whole before he passed it down to his descendants. Also, is Zuko allowed to win the Hunting competition by torching the entire Forest and catching T'Challa and everything else by default?

Gear may go to BP.

In hand to hand Zuko just has insane physical stats just like all other Fire Nation kids.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    T'Challa in all scenarios.

Full gear: That gives T'Challa a vibranium micro-weave suit that can go invisible and is resistant to blunt trauma. It also comes with teleportation and an energy shield. His claws are antarctic vibranuim which can cut right through Z's swords and he can throw energy daggers. Its also insulated against lightning.

H2H: Again T'Challa who is stronger and faster and more experienced. Does he still get his suit/habit in this scenario? If so, its unlikely Zuko will hurt him since it has vibranium in it.

Hunting: T'Challa's tracking/hunting skills are on par with Wolverine. He can hear and smell Zuko coming a mile away.

Politics/Administration: T'Challa seems to be the more experienced leader. We didn't see much of Zuko actually being the Firelord. Not to mention that prior to even taking the throne, he was guided by Iroh's wisdom and experience.

Romance/Ex-lovers: T'Challa is a smooth operator. After all he did manage to marry a Goddess! Not to mention the other women who have expressed attraction to him including but not limited to Sue Storm, She-Hulk, Wasp, and Princess Zanda. Zuko ended up with Mai, but only after she tried to attack/hurt him a few times.
    Co-signed and agreed on all points.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Gear may go to BP.

In hand to hand Zuko just has insane physical stats just like all other Fire Nation kids.
    intercepting arrows in flight multiple times either bare-handed or with swords, tanking ridiculous blunt force trauma. Zuko is fast and has low-end superhuman durability... but I'm not sure that's enough to help him win here.

if the H2H means that neither of them get any gear at all and are just wearing ordinary clothes then Zuko's odds improve... but it's still not great.

and right now I suspect we're using the 80-year old man Zuko... which seems kinda mean, LOL.
    Last edited by Totoro Man; 01-12-2016 at 05:45 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I was so hoping this was T'Challa vs Firelord. Combining SMvFL with BP's Herald-busting arm-bar.
    you mean T'Challa vs Firelord Ozai? that'd be fun curbstomp.