Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default DC to relaunch/retitle a few existing comics

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/12/...omics-in-2016/

I really hope this is true because books like Earth 2 and Teen Titans may be getting much better writers but they'll still have the stink of the previous run attached to them unless they do a relaunch. Even if they don't relaunch Teen Titans they should at least change the lineup and their costumes a bit to give it a fresh feel. Can't believe Raven is still in that godawful feather face thing.
    Earth 2 is almost beyond saving at this point. Unless they undo all the damage World's End caused.
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-29-2015 at 02:18 PM.

Astonishing Member

You really don't need any insider info to be able to say that with confidence.

Yeah, this was to be expected.
    Earth 2 and Teen Titans would really benefit from a relaunch and soft reboots (I say soft because I don't think they'll actually go with full on reboots as much as those titles need it).

I hope there are changes that will make my reading experience better.
    I am always going to read a good share of D C Comics each week (month)
    I just hope D C continues to deliver the books I like and find better people for
    the books I do not, but buy for love of character or team.

I guess the question is what will the relaunch and what will keep going with the current numbering. Batman and Justice League, probably, and likely most of the continuing and successful Bat-books.

Though I wonder if relaunching Batgirl and specifically emphasizing the new direction they're going with the title, with Babs maybe joining together with other female crimefighters, might be in the cards?

People seem to be treating Tieri's Catwoman run as filler so I guess they could relaunch that.

The best thing for the books getting new creative teams/directions is probably for new #1's to go with them, especially for the Titans, Earth-2 and Suicide Squad, so I could definitely see that happening. With the Titans taking what happens in the Pak run and Titans Hunt to create a more appealing and viable Titans book?

I wonder if they'd relaunch any of the books for the other big seven? Aside from Cyborg, of course. I wonder if DC would relaunch, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Flash, or any of the Superman books. Maybe cancel SM/WW at least.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

I really hope this is true because books like Earth 2 and Teen Titans may be getting much better writers but they'll still have the stink of the previous run attached to them unless they do a relaunch. Even if they don't relaunch Teen Titans they should at least change the lineup and their costumes a bit to give it a fresh feel. Can't believe Raven is still in that godawful feather face thing.
    Earth 2 is almost beyond saving at this point. Unless they undo all the damage World's End caused.
    Another relaunch won't solve the inherent structural problem here, too many of these plotlines for these books are being driven by editorial and not just by a large group, but by a very small handful.

At least it'll mean a new team for Wonder Woman, which will change nothing. Short of an A-list writer like Johns and Snyder taking the book, anyone else will be following editorial's orderes.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 12-29-2015 at 10:09 PM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    People seem to be treating Tieri's Catwoman run as filler so I guess they could relaunch that.
    Catwoman doesn't need an ongoing. Maybe a mini from time to time. For me there's nothing interesting about her. Catwoman, Hawkman, Plastic Man or Swamp Thing... use them in a fresh or interesting way or not at all.

Did I read that correctly? They are expecting most of the big books to get rebooted with #1? Even the ongoings like Batman and Justice League?

BANNED

DC and their obsession with the number 52 knows no bounds lol. I was really hoping that the following titles would move further than the 50's. But I'm cool with it. At least they aren't so crazy about relaunching like Marvel is.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Ugh just put new teams on the titles.

Mighty Member

Could this be related?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/12/...ics-next-year/

Well, DC Comics weren’t going to let that happen. I understand he is part of DC’s current new writers programme and they are expecting him to headline a number of projects in 2016.

Aquaman, Suicide Squad, Teen Titans and Earth -2 should all definitely get a new title or relaunch.

Considering the movies are coming out it would probably also make sense to launch Justice League, Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman anew but perhaps they will relaunch everything after 50 or 52 anyway.

Batgirl could possibly transform into Birds of Prey. At least that's a speculation going around.
    Last edited by Avi; 12-29-2015 at 06:10 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Let me point out that relaunching Teen Titans without a past-destroying reboot attached to it, is not going to make what people hate about the current book go away.

BANNED

DC should do a complete reboot and do it right this time.

Fantastic Member DeathFalcon182's Avatar

Let's hope they do it right this time. They need to change creative teams on almost all the titles currently who are in either critical slump or commercial. Relaunch with lots of energy, throw everything at it. Lots of variants, lots of marketing. Relaunch it systematically like Marvel did. Don't release all the big or small titles within a month, small titles suffer because of it. And hope that Marvel doesn't take spotlight away from the relaunch again.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    DC should do a complete reboot and do it right this time.
    Yeah if they reboot now, readers new and old will lose all faith in this company. That'll not happen.