Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Doctor(Capaldi's version) vs. Doctor Victor Von Doom

Me and some guys got into a pretty big discussion at the Con today about this fight. I think The doctor would win, but most of the other guys said Von Doom. So I wanted to bring it to my fellow posters in the CBR forums. I don't post in the Rumble boards too much, but I really wanted to get some opinions on this! Let's go!
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-11-2016 at 02:06 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

It's certainly possible for the Doctor to plausibly win against Doom in a number of scenarios (or in a story), but in an Arena fight, I expect Doom just shoots him.

Amazing Member

Standard equipment, shouldn't The Doctor should get his Tardis and sonic screwdriver?
    Does he start inside or outside the Tardis?

I am reminded of Rassilon pointing his power-glove at the Doctor and saying, "how many regenerations did we give you? I've got all night!" Basically Doom keeps killing him until he stops popping up with a different face.

BANNED

Does Doom have defenses against a Timelord travelling to his childhood and mucking around with it until he isn't a villain anymore?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I am reminded of Rassilon pointing his power-glove at the Doctor and saying, "how many regenerations did we give you? I've got all night!" Basically Doom keeps killing him until he stops popping up with a different face.
    If The Doctor has his Tardis Doom is not touching him.
    The Doctor can hold off a Guardian with the Tardis defences up.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Does Doom have defenses against a Timelord travelling to his childhood and mucking around with it until he isn't a villain anymore?
    Doom, along with Richards, broke time. They literally broke it.

And I'm pretty sure from memory that they set safeguards to prevent anyone from messing with their timeline.

So, yes. Yes, he does have defences.

(And this is why we must never let Richards and Doom play together. Because that's why we can't have nice things.)

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I believe that general consensus on the Doctor in the arena was that the TARDIS was also in the arena but he doesn't start of in it.

Thus, Doom just shoots him.

Astonishing Member

So long as Doom doesn't try to **** with him...

The Doctor has his sonic screwdriver and Doom has his armor. I think The Doctor could dodge some of Doom's blasts. I've seen him do it against Daleks and other aliens with firepower.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-11-2016 at 02:06 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    The Doctor has his sonic screwdriver and Doom has his armor. I think The Doctor could dodge some of Doom's blasts. I've seen him do it against Daleks and other aliens with firepower.
    Doom just isn't 'some alien with fire power," though. The doctor isn't dodging whatever Doom fires at him, (possibly the crimson bands of Crytrack), and Doom isn't losing a quick draw. Even if the doctor manged to use his sonic screwdriver I don't know if it could effect Doom even given an unlimited amount of time, due to the combination of super advanced tech and high magic that runs the armour

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Doom, along with Richards, broke time. They literally broke it.

And I'm pretty sure from memory that they set safeguards to prevent anyone from messing with their timeline.

So, yes. Yes, he does have defences.

(And this is why we must never let Richards and Doom play together. Because that's why we can't have nice things.)
    They did. You can't go back and alter their timelines.

Honestly, Doom could just cast the Crimson Bands, kill him, and then take the TARDIS for himself.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

Things are Wrong in the universe if they don't just stand there and monologue at each other for half an hour before anything happens.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

if this were some kind of scenario or something, i'd give better odds to the doctor. 12 seems to be a bit stronger than the other doctors and has some good psychic powers, as well as being a cunning bastard with a will that might rival doom's.

a straight up fight? doom wins this.

but yeah, i want to see how a conversation would go between them

I love the Doctor, but in standard fight Doom Crimson Bands him and just keep killing him until he's dead.