Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Does anyone think Johnny Storm is becoming a Hypocrite by hooking up with Medusa?

Now before anyone here gets angry hear me out. I enjoy Charles Soule's work on the Inhumans and She-Hulk. He's currently putting his same expertise into Daredevil.

However, I do wonder if he or anyone else recall the last time Johnny Storm, the 2nd Human Torch, was involved in a marital affair and it was ironically his.

Remember back when he was married to the Skrull, Lyja that pretended to be Alicia Masters and he and Crystal was working together again on the FF and Crystal was just coming out of her depressing marriage to Quicksilver ?

Honestly, here's hoping Soule recalls that moment when Crystal learns the truth.

Yet as Fans of the character, what do you think about this ?

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I don't remember him cheating on (Lyja disguised as) Alicia with Crystal.

Can you back up a bit and explain what your actual issue is/what Johnny's being hypocritical about?
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    I don't remember him cheating on (Lyja disguised as) Alicia with Crystal.

Can you back up a bit and explain what your actual issue is/what Johnny's being hypocritical about?
    I'm trying to recall the Fantastic Four issues it happened in, but basically the summery of it was that Reed, Sue and Franklin were taking time off to become a proper family. So Ben was in charge of the FF with Johnny and Alicia in tow.

Crystal was just coming out of her marital problems with Quicksilver and joined the team hoping to rekindle her former romance with Johnny, but Johnny wouldn't have any of it since he was married to Alicia, who was later reveal to be a Skrull named Lyja.

The hypocritial part in my terms comes from how Johnny KNOWS that his relationship with Medusa is a bad idea considering how things are strained with her and Black Bolt, but Medusa pushes him into it.

To me that is a bit Hypocritical considering how Johnny behaved the last time this happened.

Adding the fact that Crystal knows nothing about this relationship.

So that is a bit of karmic irony biting Johnny in the near future.

I hope this clear things up a bit.

Bad move Storm. Bad move.

In the latest Uncanny, Ahura mentions something along the lines of "I know what you do to my mother in the future, and I'm not even upset by it". So something is going to go down and it's not going to be good. Also, Crystal is going to find out and rumor is there is going to be fall out from it. We shall see. Maybe he tries to play both sisters? Spidey is showing up in All New Inhumans #5 and I can't help but wonder if Johnny is going to be in tow. Honestly hope that's not how it plays out.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

There was also Johnny's flirtaeuos fling he had with Nebula, while he was married to "Alicia Masters". Idk if it's Johnny's heart or the head in his pants, that gets him into these situations.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Johnny was flirting with a group of random women, and lamenting that he was married about one issue before Lyja was outed, too. Johnny's like that.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    There was also Johnny's flirtaeuos fling he had with Nebula, while he was married to "Alicia Masters". Idk if it's Johnny's heart or the head in his pants, that gets him into these situations.
    AFAIK that arc by Simonson in Avengers/FF was Ravonna (Immortus' lover) posing as Nebula. Did she not have some mind-control powers?

Niffleheim

The guy is single and Medusa & BB are separated/divorced so i see no hypocrisy in this relationship. He recently had a date with Cindy Moon before Secret War and i believe he had a thing with Rogue during the 8 month period after SW.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    The guy is single and Medusa & BB are separated/divorced so i see no hypocrisy in this relationship. He recently had a date with Cindy Moon before Secret War and i believe he had a thing with Rogue during the 8 month period after SW.
    there separated yes but still haven't had a divorce still technically married which makes Medusa bigger hypocrite when she makes out with Johnny what ever else there do alone together if Medusa wants date and mess about with another man she can but at least she get divorce from Black Bolt first I guess giving up being a queen is pretty hard for her. Which shame was a great couple that belong together but way I seeing it now I'm thinking Black Bolt should move on find new love interest of his own and get divorce from Medusa.
    Last edited by zoch; 01-05-2016 at 04:55 AM.

getting a divorce where ?
    They are the all mighty monarchs of an independant nation. They are not going to sign paperwork then getting the approval of the local authority.
    Saying so is enough as a technicality.

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    getting a divorce where ?
    They are the all mighty monarchs of an independant nation. They are not going to sign paperwork then getting the approval of the local authority.
    Saying so is enough as a technicality.
    If all it takes is Medusa saying so I guess they are divorced then she can do want ever she wants with Johnny. I still prefer Black Bolt find new love interest of his own then stand about pathetic watching his ex wife sleep about with Johnny also don't want Black Bolt take her back no sane person would, and if they no longer married how come still queen of the Inhumans I thought she was only queen through her marriage to Black Bolt.
    Last edited by zoch; 01-05-2016 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zoch View Post
    If all it takes is Medusa saying so I guess they are divorced then she can do want ever she wants with Johnny. I still prefer Black Bolt find new love interest of his own then stand about pathetic watching his ex wife sleep about with Johnny also don't want Black Bolt take her back no sane person would, and if they no longer married how come still queen of the Inhumans I thought she was only queen through her marriage to Black Blot.
    Lol@Black Blot, sorry, that one got a chuckle out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Lol@Black Blot, sorry, that one got a chuckle out of me.
    Thanks for head up dam spelling error.

Quote Originally Posted by zoch View Post
    there separated yes but still haven't had a divorce still technically married which makes Medusa bigger hypocrite when she makes out with Johnny what ever else there do alone together if Medusa wants date and mess about with another man she can but at least she get divorce from Black Bolt first I guess giving up being a queen is pretty hard for her. Which shame was a great couple that belong together but way I seeing it now I'm thinking Black Bolt should move on find new love interest of his own and get divorce from Medusa.
    Doesn't Black Bolt have like 4 other wives or something? So him finding another love interest shouldn't be too hard. He's got plenty of spares.