Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I really hope we see deluxe editions of Luther Strode and Sunstone at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    I really, REALLY want to buy 'Low' in an oversized HC. That art demands to be oversized.
    Everything Remender does gets the oversize treatment eventually, don't think Low will be an exception. It might even be Absolute sized?!

Incredible Member

I agree that we will likely see everything Remender does put into a deluxe hardcover format. The Black Science hardcover has already been solicited. I imagine we will see Deadly Class next, then Low, then Tokyo Ghost (though not this year on Tokyo Ghost).

I believe there was a limited pressing for a Deadly Class HC and a Low HC from a recent con. At least I remember seeing the solicits somewhere for that...

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    I guess for me I like the somewhat slimmer hardcovers (around 10 issues) because they are easier to hold when I'm laying in bed and they come out more frequently.
    Mmm good point i do struggle with the bigger HC but i guess i like the bigger bang for your buck you get with the larger ones.

Wonder what the changes of them continuing the Southern Bastards series in hardcover are? I just bought the slim hard cover.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snidlefighter View Post
    Wonder what the changes of them continuing the Southern Bastards series in hardcover are? I just bought the slim hard cover.
    I feel like Southern Bastards is selling well enough to justify continued hardcovers.

Let me know how the hardcover is. I was disappointed to here that it wasn't "deluxe" sized and didn't have oversized art.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    I feel like Southern Bastards is selling well enough to justify continued hardcovers.

Let me know how the hardcover is. I was disappointed to here that it wasn't "deluxe" sized and didn't have oversized art.
    Having flipped through the legit hardcovers that Ive seen Image put out at my LCS I eagerly preordered southern bastards months before it was supposed to be released. I hate saying this because it is my favorite image titles by one of my top favorite writers but it was nothing special at all. Literally is a hardcover edition of volume 1-2 of the trade paperbacks....the back has a variant cover gallery and two pages or so of sketches with the remaining three or so pages dedicated to reprints of the recipes from the letter pages. I don't know I guess I was just expecting a little more, it doesn't even come with a dust jacket. I paid $30 bucks for a hardcover version of two trade paperbacks. I think altogether I paid 10 extra dollars than I would have for the trades and didn't receive anything worth while.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snidlefighter View Post
    Having flipped through the legit hardcovers that Ive seen Image put out at my LCS I eagerly preordered southern bastards months before it was supposed to be released. I hate saying this because it is my favorite image titles by one of my top favorite writers but it was nothing special at all. Literally is a hardcover edition of volume 1-2 of the trade paperbacks....the back has a variant cover gallery and two pages or so of sketches with the remaining three or so pages dedicated to reprints of the recipes from the letter pages. I don't know I guess I was just expecting a little more, it doesn't even come with a dust jacket. I paid $30 bucks for a hardcover version of two trade paperbacks. I think altogether I paid 10 extra dollars than I would have for the trades and didn't receive anything worth while.
    Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like Aaron and Latour got cheap on putting this together compared to their peers at Image. I'll pass and hope they eventually do a deluxe edition.

NamelessInfo.JPG

The Nameless hardcover looks like the extras will be well worth it. I can't wait to read Morrison's pages on the symbolism in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by jmv5010 View Post
    NamelessInfo.JPG

The Nameless hardcover looks like the extras will be well worth it. I can't wait to read Morrison's pages on the symbolism in the book.
    Awesome! I will be picking this up to read for sure. I tried reading it month to month but it was way to convulted and confusing. Hope the collected edition makes it a little easier to understand.

So i have been reading the Black Science Deluxe HC is complete garbage. Apparently it's glued so tight you really can't open it to read properly...

Damn shame. Maybe I will collect the series and just get it custom bound.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCanuck View Post
    So i have been reading the Black Science Deluxe HC is complete garbage. Apparently it's glued so tight you really can't open it to read properly...

Damn shame. Maybe I will collect the series and just get it custom bound.
    I have it and can say that at least my copy is pretty damn bad. The first and last third of the book needs to be held open tightly to see properly, the gutter loss is abysmal. I hope this is not a sign of things to come from Image HCs because if so this is the last one I'll be buying. Very disappointed in this 'deluxe'.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Everything Remender does gets the oversize treatment eventually, don't think Low will be an exception. It might even be Absolute sized?!
    Was there ever any info on this? Still waiting for Low in OHC.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    Was there ever any info on this? Still waiting for Low in OHC.
    https://twitter.com/Remender/status/795327072465887233

Spectacular Member

I remember reading something a while ago about a Prophet HC, but can't remember where. Any news on this ?