Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    This is the hardest part for me. Every time these two or SHIELD are on panel, its like nails on a chalkboard. I want Peter to punch all of those establishment dorks in the face.
    This where I am. I just cannot stand SHIELD in any books that i pull. I hate the lot of them. They just bring my enjoyment to a standstill and I wish Slott stop including them in ASM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    This where I am. I just cannot stand SHIELD in any books that i pull. I hate the lot of them. They just bring my enjoyment to a standstill and I wish Slott stop including them in ASM.
    SHield could be a big support to Peter and could make his time as Peter Parker more exclusive.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

I actually enjoy Peter getting a win and moving up in the world. I know I'm in the minority but I've really liked the Story so far.

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    I actually enjoy Peter getting a win and moving up in the world. I know I'm in the minority but I've really liked the Story so far.
    I enjoy it also. I don't think we are really in the minority either. As with most comic book topics, those who don't like something are usually the most vocal.

I am with old school on this. It just feels off to me, I haven't dropped the book but I don't feel any anticipation for the next issue like I did in years past. To be honest I am not really feeling great about most things with Marvel since the whole "Secret Wars" world crushing event, the whole thing has been disappointing to me to be honest, just not my cup of tea I guess.

Since OMD it feels very hollow to me anyway. No matter how many current Spider-man I read OMD unresolved moral choice will always feel like it's lingering in the back of my head. It just ruins the experience overall for me.

Fantastic Member

I've made my feelings clear in another thread and while I'm not enjoying it and share the sentiments of the OP, I am still tuning in every month, hoping it'll get better. Like others have said, Peter didn't have much (yes, the start-up Parker Industries was in ruins at the end of ASMv3 and by ASMv4 it's a huge, multi-national corporation. That's all Peter) to do with getting the doctorate or the company started. It's the wrong direction for Peter, he's meant to be an "every man" and I feel it will be harder to come back from this -- because we know it will end and he'll be broke again at some point -- than it was from the marriage which I miss more and more as the years go by.

That said, I loved issue one of The Spider(Fly) Effect. It was fun, classic Spidey. Who Am I? was better than any ASM from 14/15, too.

The .1 issues are okay so far, but I like to think of Peter as a spiritual person like he is under Aguirre-Sacasa, David or JMS. I'm nervous he's not going to be one in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by RD! View Post
    I've made my feelings clear in another thread and while I'm not enjoying it and share the sentiments of the OP, I am still tuning in every month, hoping it'll get better. Like others have said, Peter didn't have much (yes, the start-up Parker Industries was in ruins at the end of ASMv3 and by ASMv4 it's a huge, multi-national corporation. That's all Peter) to do with getting the doctorate or the company started. It's the wrong direction for Peter, he's meant to be an "every man" and I feel it will be harder to come back from this -- because we know it will end and he'll be broke again at some point -- than it was from the marriage which I miss more and more as the years go by.

That said, I loved issue one of The Spider(Fly) Effect. It was fun, classic Spidey. Who Am I? was better than any ASM from 14/15, too.

The .1 issues are okay so far, but I like to think of Peter as a spiritual person like he is under Aguirre-Sacasa, David or JMS. I'm nervous he's not going to be one in this series.
    Looking forward to the Spider(Fly) Effect when it gets releases in stores. I'll definitely pick that up.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

People were mentioning that the old way of Peter's life works best and I have a feeling that at the end of Vol. 3 that Slott was going for a direction where Parker and "his" company would remain in-universe but independent of each other. However, Slott probably had to adapt with Miles being brought over. Miles is being handled by someone who can pull off "classic Peter in modern days" so I guess Slott decided to keep the Parker Industries around for a while.

Frankly, I'm glad Pete's fighting the Zodiac. You gotta branch out. That's how Stark and Doom became enemies.

If Slott needs to go I at least need some of his plots to be resolved.

Yeah, I haven't enjoyed it at all. First time I've thought about dropping the book since OMD. Not sure how many more issues of this I'll be able to take. Peter has always felt like a dude with the same set of problems we have, just with being a super-hero. I feel like I'm reading Iron Man now.

I've dropped it. I can't take it anymore.

ASM #7 was a great issue.

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    ASM #7 was a great issue.
    It's cool if you're liking the current direction, but just saying you thought #7 was a great issue does nothing for the people who have said they weren't liking the current direction and who may have already dropped the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's cool if you're liking the current direction, but just saying you thought #7 was a great issue does nothing for the people who have said they weren't liking the current direction and who may have already dropped the title.
    Yea I guess I should've expanded on that. Great stuff with C&D, the reveal about Ting, Regent, Mr Negative's convo with himself, Harry & Liz and the kids, some fun Spidey quips. Pretty packed issue. Now, if you dropped it after reading this issue there really isn't anything anyone can do to change your mind. I personally don't want to see PI go away anytime soon. But, it is looking pretty unlikely atm. I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

I like some elements of the book, I picked up the first couple of issues to see what direction it was taking. But what Slott did with Felicia Hardy/Black Cat, has turned me off to most things Amazing Spider-Man/Silk. He turns a character who loves Peter into a villain just so he could create his own love interest/superior female spider hero.