Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel Says Death of High-Profile Hero Ignites "Civil War II"

The upcoming crossover sequel by Bendis and Marquez will see one major Marvel hero murder another.

Full article here.

Steve Rogers?
    Would work as a parallel to the first CW.

BANNED

This is probably a good place to consolidate the discussion. One Avenger is going to be made a murderer this year. And one Avenger will be murdered. Who will it be?

Place your bets, taking all bets.

Doubt it's anyone with a solo right now, we just relaunched, no need to end a book that soon. The only exceptions being heroes with replacements waiting in the wings but even then I think current Hulk/Cap/Thor are safe through this.

My guess is a semi famous Avenger that's not featured right now maybe like War Machine (god I hope not)

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Carol is definitely going to be the villain of the story. Just a prediction of mine LOL

Any predictions for who bites the dust anyone?

Odd that Marvel couldn't wait until next weekend to announce this to at least let Secret Wars conclude (and change the Marvel Universe forever) before whipping up the next storm of wild uninformed fanboy speculation and outrage.....
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post

Doubt it's anyone with a solo right now, we just relaunched, no need to end a book that soon. The only exceptions being heroes with replacements waiting in the wings but even then I think current Hulk/Cap/Thor are safe through this.

My guess is a semi famous Avenger that's not featured right now maybe like War Machine (god I hope not)
    Yeah I agree about the people with a solo being safe, logically speaking anyway LOL.

My guess? Namor. I was going to say Black Panther but with him having a film coming up I changed my mind. Still, I think Namor is famous enough to get people talking, he doesn't have a solo either as far as I know.

hmm War Machine very well might be the death. That could explain the divide between Tony and Carol. I could see Deadpool being the killer.

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Odd that Marvel couldn't wait until next weekend to announce this to at least let Secret Wars conclude (and change the Marvel Universe forever) before whipping up the next storm of wild uninformed fanboy speculation and outrage.....
    It is Marvel we're talking about LOL. Though in fairness, had their release schedule gone according to plan Secret Wars would've finished by now.

storyteller

It would explain why Tony would be so pissed off. It definitely would raise the personal stakes. I feel that whoever they kill off it had to mean something for this to work. I definitely like this promise better than last time.

Although those this reminding anybody of Project Insight from Captain America: Winter Soldier?

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Yeah I agree about the people with a solo being safe, logically speaking anyway LOL.

My guess? Namor. I was going to say Black Panther but with him having a film coming up I changed my mind. Still, I think Namor is famous enough to get people talking, he doesn't have a solo either as far as I know.
    Namor is already dead.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    RIP in peace Captain Falcon
    I don't think they'd be putting him on the cover fighting Carol's team if his death "ignited" the story.

BANNED

RIP in peace Captain Falcon

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post

...He's also dead?

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

I think i´m just going to pass on this crossover (not a fan of Bendis last works since Age of Ultron), just buying the books i´m really interested (probably some of the current books i´m actually buying will cross with this and maybe disappear when the event it´s finished, sure it will have delays, not a surprise like Secret Wars not-yet-finished) and simply live the life.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Hmm... A month ago, I would'v said Steve. At least for a while. And Tony and Sam fighting would be exacerbated by how best to honour him, maybe? But now it seems Sam and Tony are on the same side, and Carol is the leader of the opposition... I'm gonna say SHE'S the killer, if only because she's more likely to kill based on the line-up that we know (not a She-Hulk reader in the slightest, so I don't know about her). Also, really. Star-Lord is here? Huh.... well, Bendis is writing it, guess he has to be. But I'm betting Kitty stays far away from the sterilising t-cloud, because Bendis wouldn't let that happen to his baby.

And oh God, Carol sounds like she's the bad guy here. Wasn't this "precognition of future crimes"-thing in Minority Report or something (never watched that movie)? I dunno, it doesn't feel very Civil War-y is all. The accountability summary does, though, so hopefully the new superhuman is just an excuse to set up something a little less sci-fi and more grounded. But Bendis doesn't exactly have the best track record when ti comes to crossovers, so I'm just gonna be cautiously optimistic... maybe.

Oh, and I never really took a hard look at Carol's ANAD look, but I like the hair. Makes so much more sense than the frankly ugly mohawk/undercut thing she was sporting.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force