Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny View Post
    6 months until this event kicks off and we already know, thanks to Marvel's own editors and creators, that a "high-profile hero" is going to die...

Soon they will tell us who, how and, before the end of the event, when that "high-profile hero" will be back.

And we won't need to buy the books.
    100000% agreed

My first instinct:

Because the focal point of CWII is Stark vs Carol Danvers - the murdered party may be Jessica Drew.

Carol is Jess's best friend and her murder leaves the new baby an orphan in her care.

If the killer turns out to be the father of the baby, this doubles down on her inner rage, quest for
    vengence and a vow to use the predictive powers of this new character to stop perpetrators of
    domestic violence before they commit crimes like these (ala Minority Report).

Although Tony has compassion for these circumstances and loved Jess in his own way, he has to
    stand firm on the principle of 'guilty until proven innocent' as a result of his experiences in the first
    CW.

This narrative fits the bill as far as, potential scenarios that would split the fans right down the middle between
    the POV of Carol vs Tony. It has a lot of emotional power and depth, it would be sure to get people all worked up
    and fighting for one side or another. Which is the entire point of the thing.

This is stupid. Now character deaths are becoming events themselves.

I suppose anyone with a movie deal can be considered safe.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    My first instinct:

Because the focal point of CWII is Stark vs Carol Danvers - the murdered party may be Jessica Drew.

Carol is Jess's best friend and her murder leaves the new baby an orphan in her care.

If the killer turns out to be the father of the baby, this doubles down on her inner rage, quest for
    vengence and a vow to use the predictive powers of this new character to stop perpetrators of

Although Tony has compassion for these circumstances and loved Jess in his own way, he has to
    stand firm on the principle of 'guilty until proven innocent' as a result of his experiences in the first
    CW.

This narrative fits the bill as far as, potential scenarios that would split the fans right down the middle between
    the POV of Carol vs Tony. It has a lot of emotional power and depth, it would be sure to get people all worked up
    She has a book though and it's selling okay so no, but they could put the baby in danger hence giving Carol a reason to be for precog.

My first instinct:

CW.

Wow. That's actually a great story, and I hope they give Carol something like that to justify her actions, but I don't wanna see Jess dying :/

Quote Originally Posted by Baba3231 View Post
    Looking at this synopsis, it seems someone in Marvel creative watched and really liked Minority Report.
    Basically.

My first instinct:

CW.

I actually had a similar thought and man I would be all over that. Except that Jessica Drew currently has her own on going series and I don't think it would be fair to Dennis Hopeless to have that cut so short again (I think he got screwed over by Spider Verse and Secret Wars)

2. Jess has the Spider-Women event coming up that is going to be ongoing probably about the same time as Civil War II. NOW granted Jess and Silk are gonna be stuck in Spider-Gwen's dimension and Carol may not know what happened to her. But I don't think they are gonna kill of Jess.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

While folks are trying to guess who will die, I have a different take on the question: Will it be a character who has died before? If so, then that's lame.

I'm trying to think of an A-level characters or even B plus level who hasn't "died."

I could be wrong, but maybe Black Widow or She-Hulk? There's probably some A listers in the X-Men, like Rogue or Storm. The Falcon? Has quicksilver ever died? LOL.

I do think Quicksilver might die, they have said it's a roadmap of MCU

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Wow. That's actually a great story, and I hope they give Carol something like that to justify her actions, but I don't wanna see Jess dying :/
    I'd say it's more likely it's Rhodes, as he was her former flame and he is tony's best friend.

Lots of feels to fight over there.

My first instinct:

CW.

Manpainning: acceptable idea when women do it.

Surprised to Star-Lord on the cover, but not really. Gotta shoehorn the GotG into this event somehow.
    Formerly the guy with the Black Panther picture

Mighty Member

And how long will that hero stay dead?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

My first instinct:

CW.

Not a bad idea. Although I genuinely don't think Jess is going to die what with the Spider-Women event coming up, her solo seems to be doing ok sales wise etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Until Issue (whatever the final number is of the story LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Depends on just how 'high profile' the character is.