Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default What are your top five wants to be collected in a Trade paperback?

What batman comic strips,not currently collected in tpb would you most like to see?

Here are mine...

5. Badd girls/ Trivial pursuits/ Riddled.
    A rather ruthless Riddler tale from 1997 (Detective comics 705-7. Riddler is fed up of the cluemaster stealing his M.O. and decides to teach him a lesson. Echo and query get a large slice of the action too.

4. The jungle cat queen
    Ok so this is sort of a cheat as it is in the greatest batman stories ever told, but I think this and some of the more prominent 60s batvillains could do with another volume of stories to compliment the TV stories trade. The Menace of False face could be included.

3. The Lazarus affair.
    Astonished that this isn't already out. Bat espionage at its best and, my favourite Ras al Gaul story.

2. Knightquest the search
    I really want to complete Knightfall

1. The penguin affair
    My favourite Penguin story. Also introduces Harold. Again, I'm surprised this isn't already released.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

1. Det #566 + Batman #400. Amazing talent, great story. Beyond shocked neither is in trade.
    2. Lazarus Affair (Batman 330-335) - great uncollected Ra's
    3. Batman #365, Tec #532, Batman #366 - favorite yet uncollected Joker story.. Joker tries to build a theme park in Guatemala amid civil war
    4. Batman 450, Tec 617, Batman 451 - another key uncollected Joker story
    5. The Search - not the biggest issue for me as I have Knightfall custom bound
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-10-2016 at 11:42 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Spectacular Member

Who at DC decides what is released? We need them on this thread.

BANNED

Not sure I could get to five--I'd be happy to see the rest of the Norm Breyfogle runs be collected, as well as any stray stuff he did like Elseworlds.

Has the Barr/Davis run been collected yet? How about all of Peter Milligan's Batman work?

edit: just checked and it seems like DC released a Milligan trade that collected only "Dark Knight, Dark City" and about five of his 'Tec issues. Would love to see a complete collection. The Milligan / Aparo issue "The Bomb" is missing--that is one of the best Batman stories I've ever read.
    Last edited by Metamorphosis; 01-10-2016 at 08:22 PM.

In order:
    1) The complete Chuck Dixon Birds Of Prey
    2) The complete Cass Cain Batgirl run
    3) The complete Tim Drake Robin solo series

Incredible Member

I just want them to start at Crisis Of Infinite Earths and collect EVERYTHING in sequential numbered volumes. DC Universe:Crisis-Flashpoint, Batman, Vol.1 Year One.Etc.

Also each volume has matching spines, and clear large font information on the front that says 'Collecting Batman 400-404 from 1983' or whatever.
    I'd get all 100 or whatever volumes of Batman, Tech, 'Tales, Shadow, Confidential,

Also instead of bonus scteches or alternative covers... the bonus material for each is a continuity map with wikipedia style information such as 'later refferenced in Hush, or later retconted in Under The Red Hood)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    1. Det #566 + Batman #400. Amazing talent, great story. Beyond shocked neither is in trade.
    Funny you've mentioned #400 a few times in threads. That's one of my favorite issues as well and I actually used to own a Perez page from that book (sigh). It's just a great, stand-alone fun issue (566 is a bit of a filler issue wrapped in a superlative cover, to me, but they do make a sensible combo). For some reason, though, I kind of like that it hasn't been reprinted (yet). I think some things lose their uniqueness when they hit the trades, guess it just reminds me of the older days when everything wasn't TPB'd to death and you had to hunt books in back issue bins or at shows to find out why an issue was so special. Whether it was the sweat or the cost, it just made some issues more enjoyable for me because I had to work for it. Not that I'm arguing, I love the giant collections they've been doing lately and I would love to see them fill in more time periods that have fallen through the cracks over the years (although I would prefer a chronological omnibus run as opposed to breaking it up into writers or artists which fragments the story). I just like that this book has avoided reprint status and is kind of the rebel so that you still have to buy the actual issue if you want to read the story (or get a digital copy, I guess).

Anyway, I'd like to see the Killer Croc/Jason Todd intro storylines, the early Black Mask issues, Nocturna's issues and the "Red Rain" run that wrapped the Pre-Crisis era (I think a lot of those were Moench). All crossed over between Batman and 'Tec and I've been slowly piecing that whole early-to-mid-80's run together for a while. Would be much nicer to sit down with one big tome rather than fuss with opening bags and trying to read without messing up the books. Don't even ask what happened the last time I tried to reread 251. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Has the Barr/Davis run been collected yet? How about all of Peter Milligan's Batman work?

edit: just checked and it seems like DC released a Milligan trade that collected only "Dark Knight, Dark City" and about five of his 'Tec issues. Would love to see a complete collection. The Milligan / Aparo issue "The Bomb" is missing--that is one of the best Batman stories I've ever read.
    I'd definitely vote for them collecting the rest of Peter Milligan's run. Unfortunately, to get a full TPB they'd have to include The Idiot Root which I found quite weak.

The Barr/Davis run is out in hardcover: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Legends-Dark...an+aland+davis

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    I'd definitely vote for them collecting the rest of Peter Milligan's run. Unfortunately, to get a full TPB they'd have to include The Idiot Root which I found quite weak.

The Barr/Davis run is out in hardcover: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Legends-Dark...an+aland+davis
    I loved "The Idiot Root". It may be the least of his Batman work, but it was still pretty creepy, trippy and interesting to me.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingcrimsonprog View Post
    I just want them to start at Crisis Of Infinite Earths and collect EVERYTHING in sequential numbered volumes. DC Universe:Crisis-Flashpoint, Batman, Vol.1 Year One.Etc.

Also each volume has matching spines, and clear large font information on the front that says 'Collecting Batman 400-404 from 1983' or whatever.
    I'd get all 100 or whatever volumes of Batman, Tech, 'Tales, Shadow, Confidential,

Also instead of bonus scteches or alternative covers... the bonus material for each is a continuity map with wikipedia style information such as 'later refferenced in Hush, or later retconted in Under The Red Hood)
    This sounds great, but don't limit it to just BATMAN. Include the whole of the DCU in big fat Tpbs.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Sinescu View Post
    Anyway, I'd like to see the Killer Croc/Jason Todd intro storylines, the early Black Mask issues, Nocturna's issues and the "Red Rain" run that wrapped the Pre-Crisis era (I think a lot of those were Moench). All crossed over between Batman and 'Tec and I've been slowly piecing that whole early-to-mid-80's run together for a while. Would be much nicer to sit down with one big tome rather than fuss with opening bags and trying to read without messing up the books. Don't even ask what happened the last time I tried to reread 251. Ugh.
    As much I complain about this or that not being in OFFICIAL DC trades, I did custom bind the entire early-to-mid-80's run together. Actually, I've bound 1979 to the last #400/last pre-Crisis universe issues. I will bind all of Batman in the 70s soon enough.
    If you scroll down a good bit on here, this guy made em for me after the painstaking and expensive task I accomplished of acquiring them all and placing them in correct order:
    http://comicbindingpro.com/
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-13-2016 at 06:32 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Sinescu View Post
    Those sound great and I still haven't read them but there is a trade called Second Chances from Max A Collins I'm eyeing that sould have the Jason Todd intro. But early Croc and Black Mask... that'd make my day.

Extraordinary Member

1. Knight Quest the search and what else is missing from my edition of Knightfall

2. The missing Parts of the Jason Todd Post Crisis Run (Batman 417-425+ Annual 12 und 13)

3. the pre Crisis Jason Todd Run

4. Dicks Bronze Age solo storys (his time at Husdson University)

5. Barbaras Bronze Age solo (her time as Congress woman and social worker) + the her secret origin issue and the Batgirl Special

I don't really have five, as I don't know the Silver/Bronze age stuff well enough to know what I'm missing, and I'm more or less complete on the post-Crisis stuff that I actually want. I'm just about at the point where I want to start casting an eye earlier.

Batman Family though. Probably without the reprint stuff, but definitely the Dick/Babs team ups at the front of the book.

Fantastic Member

I want a collection of the O Neil/Adams run. As much s I like the Adams collections, I think the work he did with Denny should have a TPB for itself.

And that hypothetical collection would have old school coloring, not Adams' recolors.