Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Very sad, because that's NOT the old Strange Apparitions trade just reprinted. They altered the contents here to give you less. To take out key issues (the first app of R.Thorne in #469/470).

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Batman:_Strange_Apparitions

DC has apparently decided that "Strange Apparitions" is a new set of contents and it's not and it sucks. Removing Englehart/Simonson issues. This is a new pro-Marshall-Rogers-and-eff you-Walt-Simonson collection of "Strange Apparitions."
    DC had nothing to do with the book. It is printed for the English market by an English publisher. I would assume with original text. Not unlike what Panini (and before Panini Marvel UK) books have done with Marvel.
    DC have just licensed the rights for the story to Eaglemoss Ltd. DC could still reprint Strange Apparitions. Strange Apparitions would easily be in my top five probably at the number one spot.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    DC had nothing to do with the book.
    DC likely had more to do with it than merely "nothing," but point taken. Ultimately though, the reprint collection is lacking.

And I know now what Eaglemoss (and/or DC) did: DC's Legends of the Dark Knight - Marshall Rogers...collecting DETECTIVE COMICS #468, 471-479 (and more) = New Eaglemoss "Strange App" collecting DETECTIVE COMICS #468, 471-479

A lazy port over of the USA DC's Legends of the Dark Knight - Marshall Rogers (which I didn't buy in America because I already have the proper Strange App trade and the rest).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-21-2017 at 08:26 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

Batman: Family was dreadfully boring in my opinion but for the sake of completion yes it would be cool to have.

I've given up on expecting DC to ever do Batman justice in collected editions. For that reason and others, I actually got rid of a big chunk of my collection. I kind of regret it and it makes me sad and depressed when I think about it especially since DC has been bringing all their continuity back in the last couple months right after I did that. Marvel is mopping the floor with DC with their Epic, Complete, and Ultimate Collections.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    Marvel is mopping the floor with DC with their Epic, Complete, and Ultimate Collections.
    I thought it was going the other way with all of those great Hellblazer, Hitman, Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol etc big fat collections DC are doing. Big inexpensive comprehensive paperbacks like that are pretty much my ideal format.

That said, it could be that they seem better to me because I generally have have a lot more interest in DC books than Marvel ones.

Extraordinary Member

1.) The entirety of Dick Sprang's Silver Age Batman work (Batman, Detective, World's Finest).

2.) The entirety of Dick Sprang's Silver Age Batman work (Batman, Detective, World's Finest).

3.) The entirety of Dick Sprang's Silver Age Batman work (Batman, Detective, World's Finest).

4.) The entirety of Dick Sprang's Silver Age Batman work (Batman, Detective, World's Finest).

5.) The entirety of Dick Sprang's Silver Age Batman work (Batman, Detective, World's Finest).

I know that's all the same thing, but this is how badly I feel a collection such as this has been neglected.

Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Spectacular Member

I agree. I’m hoping that DC will begin a series of Silver Age and Bronze Age omnibuses in addition to the Golden Age series they’re currently doing. I’m really glad to see Bronze Age runs from writers like Len Wein and Gerry Conway getting collected. I agree that a collection of the O’Neal/Adams stories needs to happen.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    I agree. I’m hoping that DC will begin a series of Silver Age and Bronze Age omnibuses in addition to the Golden Age series they’re currently doing. I’m really glad to see Bronze Age runs from writers like Len Wein and Gerry Conway getting collected. I agree that a collection of the O’Neal/Adams stories needs to happen.
    Well, they just released the first volume of a Silver Age World's Finest tpb collection, but as much as I appreciate the Curt Swan artwork also featured inside, I exclusively bought it because Dick Sprang by far pencilled a majority of the stories. Personally, what I'm asking for is a collection of Dick Sprang Batman and nothing but Dick Sprang Batman, similar to what they've done with their Alan Davis, Norm Breyfogle, Marshall Rogers, Kelly Jones, Don Newton, and Jim Aparo collections.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The I.A.D.C. View Post
    I know they have said they will wait until the complete GA Batman omni's are out before they start on the SA ones but personally I really cant wait for the BA omni's with stories by the likes of Conway, Wein, Adams and O'Neil

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    DC likely had more to do with it than merely "nothing," but point taken. Ultimately though, the reprint collection is lacking.

And I know now what Eaglemoss (and/or DC) did: DC's Legends of the Dark Knight - Marshall Rogers...collecting DETECTIVE COMICS #468, 471-479 (and more) = New Eaglemoss "Strange App" collecting DETECTIVE COMICS #468, 471-479

A lazy port over of the USA DC's Legends of the Dark Knight - Marshall Rogers (which I didn't buy in America because I already have the proper Strange App trade and the rest).
    I highly doubt DC really has the time nor interest to invest much time/money/focus on the European market.

Batman: Family was dreadfully boring in my opinion but for the sake of completion yes it would be cool to have.

I've given up on expecting DC to ever do Batman justice in collected editions. For that reason and others, I actually got rid of a big chunk of my collection. I kind of regret it and it makes me sad and depressed when I think about it especially since DC has been bringing all their continuity back in the last couple months right after I did that. Marvel is mopping the floor with DC with their Epic, Complete, and Ultimate Collections.
    You should never collect continuity, but instead collect stories.

Incredible Member

Thanks for the advice, I wasn't already collecting stories with my 150+ graphic novels, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    I thought it was going the other way with all of those great Hellblazer, Hitman, Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol etc big fat collections DC are doing. Big inexpensive comprehensive paperbacks like that are pretty much my ideal format.

That said, it could be that they seem better to me because I generally have have a lot more interest in DC books than Marvel ones.
    No. The care, attention, and exhaustiveness put into Marvel's Epics, Completes, and Ultimates is superior to any DC program. DC has definitely made strides in recent years but it doesn't meet the god-tier criteria that a legend like Batman should have in my opinion. The thicker Batman trades are okay but some of them still have problems, and in general almost every single book DC releases has some sort of bizarre error or mistake in content, execution, or other.

Thanks for the advice, I wasn't already collecting stories with my 150+ graphic novels, lol.
    Didn't say you weren't. My point was you shouldn't collect or read something because it is canon you should read it because you will (or think) like it. Way to many people are court up in continuity and how what fits how (as long as the characters are still themselves). Which shouldn't really matter. It should matter if you like/think you will like are story.

Spectacular Member

Interesting that some of the stories listed in this thread are now available such as some of the post crisis Jason Todd stories and also Knightquest the search is out later this year.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that ALL of The Penguin Affair will be included in the upcoming Breyfogle volume.

Still no sign of the Lazarus affair though!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by riddler123 View Post
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that ALL of The Penguin Affair will be included in the upcoming Breyfogle volume.
    Cross your fingers, but don't hold your breath.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES