Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Just a heads up that DC have been releasing SOTB (Vol 1 came out last year with vol 2 & 3 following soon)
    https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Shadow...dow+of+the+bat

IIRC they did announce (or there was a fish for) a new edition of Shaman but it got cancelled (I don't know if they then planned to release more LOTDK collections)
    I know but Shaman is cancelled or forever delayed and Shadow Vol 2 took them like forever to release. It's frustrating.

I'm surprised that Paul Dini's Detective Comics run hasn't been recollected yet, especially since he's been back writing for DC.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    I'm surprised that Paul Dini's Detective Comics run hasn't been recollected yet, especially since he's been back writing for DC.
    Same here, its a great run that deserves a new edition since the old volumes are OOP!

Spectacular Member

There is a new Gene Colan HB which has some Jason Todd stories but not sure if they are pre or post crisis
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tales-Batma...707NZNGDM9030X

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by riddler123 View Post
    There is a new Gene Colan HB which has some Jason Todd stories but not sure if they are pre or post crisis
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tales-Batma...707NZNGDM9030X
    Most or all should be pre-Crisis, or at least pre-Batman 400. (there were a few post-COIE pre-reboot issues)
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Strange Apparitions?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by son of booyah View Post
    Strange Apparitions?
    Its collected now, I bought it this summer

BANNED

What I'd like to see is Batman Family. It was an 8 issue run that came out in the early 00's. Here's an image of the first issue:

Can't remember the particulars of the plot. But it featured a story on the entire Batman family at the time and gave a great portrayal of the Pre-Nu52 Helena Bertinell/Huntress

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    What I'd like to see is Batman Family. It was an 8 issue run that came out in the early 00's. Here's an image of the first issue:

Can't remember the particulars of the plot. But it featured a story on the entire Batman family at the time and gave a great portrayal of the Pre-Nu52 Helena Bertinell/Huntress
    It'd be pretty cool to get this collected. Some truly excellent Cass stuff in the last two issues.

On a semi-related note, I would like the Batman Family series from the 1970s collected. It would pick up where the Showcase Presents for Robin and Batgirl left off.

I’d even take it in the black-and-white format.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    In order:
    1) The complete Chuck Dixon Birds Of Prey
    Any word on what happened here? They seemed to have dropped the series as of vol. 4, but meanwhile Dixon's Nightwing and Robin trades keep getting churned out...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'd love to have all of Gotham Knights collected. I fell Devin Grayson's run is criminally overlooked (we get Transference collected in the Batman Arkham: Hugo Strange tpb next year), and I think I'm the one person who actually like A J Lieberman's run.

Echoing a few people here, a complete run of LotDK would be great.

Ultimately, in a perfect world, DC would release everything in large format trades (like Marvel's EPIC collection). They seem to be collecting more and more lately, but as hardcovers, such as the Tales of the Batman (writer/artist) series, and things like Batman and the Outsiders. I'm not as big a fan of hardcovers, but I take what DC will give me.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

1. I would like to see a "complete" J.M. Dematteis Batman trade. The Batman/Spider-man story would for oblivious reason not be able to be included. However Batman: Absolution and Going Sane should make up for it alone. Besides a few older stories like Grimm and older detective stories. At the very least Going Sane should be rereleased.

2. Peter Milligan's Library souls. I really like Peter Milligan - he is a writer real weird in a good way. Sadly this story was not included in the Dark Knight, Dark City trade.

3. David Lapham City of Crime

4. Thrillkiller hopefully we will get there since Elseworlds stories is bing released in volumes.

5. Sam Hamm blind Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingcrimsonprog View Post
    Its collected now, I bought it this summer
    I can only find the old collected version which goes for a hefty sum on the secondary market ($50). Do you have a link to the reprint?
    Last edited by Tupiaz; 12-20-2017 at 05:24 PM.

Incredible Member

eBay 'eaglemoss' strange apparitions. They were selling it in supermarkets for a while here in the UK.
    Here's one. Ten bucks.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-Comics...-/263340223107

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingcrimsonprog View Post
    eBay 'eaglemoss' strange apparitions. They were selling it in supermarkets for a while here in the UK.
    Here's one. Ten bucks.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-Comics...-/263340223107
    Very sad, because that's NOT the old Strange Apparitions trade just reprinted. They altered the contents here to give you less. To take out key issues (the first app of R.Thorne in #469/470).

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Batman:_Strange_Apparitions

DC has apparently decided that "Strange Apparitions" is a new set of contents and it's not and it sucks. Removing Englehart/Simonson issues. This is a new pro-Marshall-Rogers-and-eff you-Walt-Simonson collection of "Strange Apparitions."
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-20-2017 at 12:47 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”