Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Why do you like the Storm and Forge pairing?

Looking at this thread: http://community.comicbookresources....X-Couple/page6 , it seems that a lot of us here like their pairing. I really don't get it. First is, Forge would have never felt attracted nor get close to Storm if it wasn't his nullifier gun that stripped away Storm's powers. Second, he never told Storm he was the maker of the nullifier. If Forge really loved her, he would have continue to win her heart even when Storm was devastated upon knowing he owned the nullifier.

Third, Forge has also become a villain.

and lastly, Forge is not the right guy for Storm, especially that I don't really find Forge interesting and he's old right?

and just to add, if you were in Storm's shoes, wouldn't you really feel bad and sad that your powers are gone and most especially that it was the one you love who owned the nullifier and didn't tell right away?

So why do you like their pairing?

oh and the title of this thread should be "Do you like the Storm and Forge pairing?"

So that for those who don't like, you can also air out what you feel.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 01-10-2016 at 02:49 PM.

I like them because it's better than Storm/Wolverine

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Hmmm. Why is their pairing better than RoLo?

I don't like Storm and Forge together but Storm and Wolverine is just awful. I simply don't buy it that they had been together as X-Men for so many years and never felt nothing for each other, and then, pfft, they are completely in love.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I think the same. Jean will always be Logan`s biggest love so I never liked Storm/Wolverine. I never felt that Storm will be Logan`s first choice.

Storm and Forge is a much better pairing.

BANNED

so you're only reason for liking Storm and Forge more is because you like them more than RoLo pairing?

I'm sure there are other guys who would be better for Storm though.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    so you're only reason for liking Storm and Forge more is because you like them more than RoLo pairing?

I personally like her more with T'challa and voted for them

Looking at this thread: http://community.comicbookresources....X-Couple/page6 , it seems that a lot of us here like their pairing. I really don't get it. First is, Forge would have never felt attracted nor get close to Storm if it wasn't his nullifier gun that stripped away Storm's powers. Second, he never told Storm he was the maker of the nullifier. If Forge really loved her, he would have continue to win her heart even when Storm was devastated upon knowing he owned the nullifier.

Third, Forge has also become a villain.

and lastly, Forge is not the right guy for Storm, especially that I don't really find Forge interesting and he's old right?

and just to add, if you were in Storm's shoes, wouldn't you really feel bad and sad that your powers are gone and most especially that it was the one you love who owned the nullifier and didn't tell right away?

So why do you like their pairing?
    Forge is the only man that is able to both worship the goddess that is storm and see the human that is storm.

Black Panther was too in awe of her and too weak a personality to be her equal. The Wolverine relationship is too trashy, tail on speed dial, fanboy wet dream nonsense.

Forge as a villain is a horrible shame and abuse of the character... much like the Bishop heel turn.... with Marvel's downgrade of all things awesome about the X-men these two gentlemen along with Madrox & Guido are none too likely to make a re-emergence from Limbo any time too soon. I always thought Forge should be shown to put Tony Stark to shame in the mechanical engineering department, as genius as Tony is... he is still just a human... engineering is literally Forge's mutant ability, he should be on a whole other level alone with maybe the High Evolutionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupe1979 View Post
    Forge is the only man that is able to both worship the goddess that is storm and see the human that is storm.

Black Panther was too in awe of her and too weak a personality to be her equal. The Wolverine relationship is too trashy, tail on speed dial, fanboy wet dream nonsense.

Forge as a villain is a horrible shame and abuse of the character... much like the Bishop heel turn.... with Marvel's downgrade of all things awesome about the X-men these two gentlemen along with Madrox & Guido are none too likely to make a re-emergence from Limbo any time too soon. I always thought Forge should be shown to put Tony Stark to shame in the mechanical engineering department, as genius as Tony is... he is still just a human... engineering is literally Forge's mutant ability, he should be on a whole other level alone with maybe the High Evolutionary.
    As a devout Storge fan this comment is pure ecstasy. Thank you.

Gambit would be my first choice, but that's not happening anytime soon if ever

I guess I like the Storm and Forge romance because it was so unexpected. When it was working I felt they complemented each other well. One immersed in technology and the other nature. The whole villain thing with him was dumb, but Mags and Mystique are villains and people still like them in romances with the X-Men.

I also find the Wolverine and Storm romance off-putting. Wolverine just has much better romances and the Storm one felt so incredibly unnecessary. They work much better as friends. Their whole sex friends/romance came across as too fanfiction-y.

BANNED

I don't like them. They're both abusive to each other all the time. Storm is extra judgmental with him and he was downright paranoid in UXM 289 iirc.

BANNED

The reason I enjoyed the Forge and Storm pairing is because their relationship echoed the Native American/Black African experience and didn't revolve around miscegenation or the Pocahontas/John Smith fairy tale.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 01-10-2016 at 05:00 PM.

I'm indifferent to them honestly. Not against it. Not for it. Don't really care one way or the other.

In terms of the "RoLo" paring, it was fine. Seemed like two friends with mutual attraction just doing a friends with benefits thing at first. Then Jason Aaron tried to turn into more than that, and I'm not sure it worked. Maybe given more time it could've, but it seemed like they were both missing Jean and lonely and that's what drew them together more than anything.

Forge dumped Storm 25 years ago! :-( What makes you think he wouldn't do it again...